Silsbee (60) vs Madisonville (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

Miller is a great player, but I thought the Tech kid had very good coverage on him much of the night...Miller's first TD I think he did have a step on him, but Brisbane led him perfectly to let Miller go get it w/the step advantage...

That 2nd TD was outstanding coverage, it was just a great throw into a tight window....I really enjoyed watching those two go at it.....two outstanding players

17 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Miller is a great player, but I thought the Tech kid had very good coverage on him much of the night...Miller's first TD I think he did have a step on him, but Brisbane led him perfectly to let Miller go get it w/the step advantage...

That 2nd TD was outstanding coverage, it was just a great throw into a tight window....I really enjoyed watching those two go at it.....two outstanding players

Might be noted that Miller had 103 plus fever thurs, no fever Game day , but kinda woozy I would imagine.

33 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

I agree. Miller didn't "torch the Tech guy" like it was stated. It was more so great passes by Brisbane. Miller had 4 catches on the night for about 100 yards. Torching would be 8-10 catches for 200 yards. I thought the coverage over all was very good on Miller.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. Miller didn't "torch the Tech guy" like it was stated. It was more so great passes by Brisbane. Miller had 4 catches on the night for about 100 yards. Torching would be 8-10 catches for 200 yards. I thought the coverage over all was very good on Miller.

Torching, would have been , if coach had thrown the ball in the second half, as all 11 defenders  were on the line of scrimmage. Tigers kept the ball for over 5 min , twice just running the ball. Keep the clock moving so everybody couuld go home and get dry.lol

QB has done a good job of making his read and getting rid of the ball, probably dont realize, but Tigers oline gave up the first QB sack for the season Friday night. Thats one in 13 games.  Very good for an Oline that has, 175lb, 175lbs,175lbs, 235,and 250lbs guys, and couple play both ways. One Sr, and 4 others that  either started or played a lot as Soph. last year. They will have one slot to fill next year, but have some very large kids coming up from the 8th and 9th grade to pick from. 

7 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

QB has done a good job of making his read and getting rid of the ball, probably dont realize, but Tigers oline gave up the first QB sack for the season Friday night. Thats one in 13 games.  Very good for an Oline that has, 175lb, 175lbs,175lbs, 235,and 250lbs guys, and couple play both ways. One Sr, and 4 others that  either started or played a lot as Soph. last year. They will have one slot to fill next year, but have some very large kids coming up from the 8th and 9th grade to pick from. 

O-line play has definitely improved thru the season. Pass protection has been there all year (with the help of Brisbane getting rid of the ball like you stated) but early on the run blocking was lacking. Now that has improved greatly.