Lumberton (23) vs Tyler Chapel Hill (35) - FINAL

jdawg03

11 hours ago, JugLine said:

I think lumbertons dline and defense is better than Kilgores. 

Seeing Lumberton live to me they were impressive. Like I said though I have only seen Kilgore on Texan Live. I was just curious of what someone who has watched both live thought of them. I think Lumberton has one of the best Defenses I’ve seen in a long time. Great job to CH finding a way to make things happen in the second half. Very impressive team to take down Lumberton IMO. 

29 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I would not call go bing up 35 points in the 2nd half very good defense unless they scored some on interception or fumbles returns 

Chapel Hill offense is very good. Scored 79 on Lindale. So holding them scoreless in 1st half is impressive. Just wore down in second half and CHs speed took over. Who is your team?

I am sure CH has an outstanding team are they would not be going to 4th round of playoffs and Lumberton had an outstanding year. Still giving up 35 in a game much less a half is not good defense IMO

I am for all SETX playoff teams. We are now down to 3. I see Newton winning, Silsbee a possibility, and PNG with an excellent 11-3 season. IMO Newton has the best shot at making it to the state finals

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

I am sure CH has an outstanding team are they would not be going to 4th round of playoffs and Lumberton had an outstanding year. Still giving up 35 in a game much less a half is not good defense IMO

I am for all SETX playoff teams. We are now down to 3. I see Newton winning, Silsbee a possibility, and PNG with an excellent 11-3 season. IMO Newton has the best shot at making it to the state finals

I’m telling you….we’ve seen some good football teams…Kilgore, lindale, gilmer and lumberton could compete with any of them. We were really impressed. CH just really turned it on in the second half. Lumberton would be playing for the district championship for our district this year. 

On 11/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Whew. Not sure what happened there. Not sure I've ever seen a choke that bad. Great season raiders.

On 11/25/2022 at 10:11 PM, wbfan said:

Wow. Looks like Lumberton wasn't ready for prime time after all.

Peevey fan boys really excited for Lumberton to lose!  I predict Lumberton will whip lcm again in 2023 and lcm will have a worse record than this year.  

48 minutes ago, Charles in Charge said:

Peevey fan boys really excited for Lumberton to lose!  I predict Lumberton will whip lcm again in 2023 and lcm will have a worse record than this year.  

Clearly you missed the rest of the thread troll. This is lumberton vs CH. Nothing here talking about lcm nor peevy they were enjoying basketball season rooting for the raiders as well

On 11/25/2022 at 11:58 PM, raideroldtimer said:

I'll tell you what a girl at a pager company told one of my drivers back in the early 90's when he wasn't receiving pages at his house. She said "But sir there are too many trees in the way for your pager to receive the signal."🤣

As far as what was happening when you froze it was possibly the kick off we recovered when they claimed that we didn't allow the receiver a chance to receive it. They called it kick off interference. Problem is that kid was just standing there like he didn't know what to do and finally our guys jumped on it which woke him up. It should have been our ball because it went well over 10 yards. That was probably the first thing that took the wind out of our sails and then when Ricky broke for 92 yards that pretty much did our guys in. We had it in the bag before then.

I didn't know that was a rule, unless he waved for a fair catch of course.

On 11/25/2022 at 11:58 PM, raideroldtimer said:

I'll tell you what a girl at a pager company told one of my drivers back in the early 90's when he wasn't receiving pages at his house. She said "But sir there are too many trees in the way for your pager to receive the signal."🤣

As far as what was happening when you froze it was possibly the kick off we recovered when they claimed that we didn't allow the receiver a chance to receive it. They called it kick off interference. Problem is that kid was just standing there like he didn't know what to do and finally our guys jumped on it which woke him up. It should have been our ball because it went well over 10 yards. That was probably the first thing that took the wind out of our sails and then when Ricky broke for 92 yards that pretty much did our guys in. We had it in the bag before then.

Yeah our guys even waited a few seconds before they even went for the ball. It was an absolutely horrible call on the kick. 

LCM is a cautionary tale for Lumberton to work not to emulate. When LCM lost last year, all of SETX assumed they were back and the train would keep on rolling. Unfortunately, they fell off a cliff this year. Lumberton would be served not to get too high on themselves and enter the offseason with the same hunger they had this offseason when expectations for their success were 0.