I'M IN DISBELIEF

6 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Well, I found some problems with our archived file compared to this link. If this is official. Then we are lower than I previously stated.

All it would take is an 0-10 season, and Southlake Carroll 10-0. And that title is gone. Now I don't think this will happen. But it's closer than I thought.

WO-S as a legendary program is done. Apparently it is going to take some folks multiple faceplants to realize it, but that winning percentage is going to plummet faster than you might expect. No one is saying that WO-S won't compete. Occasionally they will field a talented squad that will partially overcome coaching shortcomings, but our reign as a program that is routinely a cut above with kids dreaming of a silver hat from peewee on is over. Don't know what you got til its gone. We predicted this.

1 hour ago, Judex said:

WO-S as a legendary program is done. Apparently it is going to take some folks multiple faceplants to realize it, but that winning percentage is going to plummet faster than you might expect. No one is saying that WO-S won't compete. Occasionally they will field a talented squad that will partially overcome coaching shortcomings, but our reign as a program that is routinely a cut above with kids dreaming of a silver hat from peewee on is over. Don't know what you got til its gone. We predicted this.

Indeed we did.... 30 years ago.

2 hours ago, Gasilla said:

Indeed we did.... 30 years ago.

In 92? After getting put out early 3 years by CE King. And then the forfeits. I can't belive this was even part of the discussion. It's not like Hooks had one foot out the door and rolled up in the golf cart. CT would've kept going til he couldn't anymore too. But the only thing guaranteed, is change. And I'm all for it when it's actually needed. The wheels were nowhere near falling off. They loosened the lugs and who knows how long til someone finds a 4way.

Is there still a tire shop west orange? If not the only one is Wal Mart. Smh. I wouldn't trust them to check the pressure. One time they forgot my oil plug. 🤬 always check for yourself. Glad I did.

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

In 92? After getting put out early 3 years by CE King. And then the forfeits. I can't belive this was even part of the discussion. It's not like Hooks had one foot out the door and rolled up in the golf cart. CT would've kept going til he couldn't anymore too. But the only thing guaranteed, is change. And I'm all for it when it's actually needed. The wheels were nowhere near falling off. They loosened the lugs and who knows how long til someone finds a 4way.

Is there still a tire shop west orange? If not the only one is Wal Mart. Smh. I wouldn't trust them to check the pressure. One time they forgot my oil plug. 🤬 always check for yourself. Glad I did.

I don’t think that is what he was saying.  And I will further read his mind and say it wasn’t exactly 30 years....just a rough number.  There were folks back then that didn’t like how Hooks and CT ran things.  Definitely not folks from surrounding communities who had a ton of theories and people could say whatever and you didn’t have Google handy to put them in check.  Anyway, I digress....what was generally stated was this:  “When Hooks and CT do ride off into the sunset, the program will likely go into decline”.  Everyone that followed closely knew that WOS had talent but it was the coaching and program installed gave WOS something extra.

There had been rumors of Hooks retiring a little before the ‘92 season....so yeah, those conversations happened.

4 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

I don’t think that is what he was saying.  And I will further read his mind and say it wasn’t exactly 30 years....just a rough number.  There were folks back then that didn’t like how Hooks and CT ran things.  Definitely not folks from surrounding communities who had a ton of theories and people could say whatever and you didn’t have Google handy to put them in check.  Anyway, I digress....what was generally stated was this:  “When Hooks and CT do ride off into the sunset, the program will likely go into decline”.  Everyone that followed closely knew that WOS had talent but it was the coaching and program installed gave WOS something extra.

There had been rumors of Hooks retiring a little before the ‘92 season....so yeah, those conversations happened.

I know it wasn't meant to be an exact number. My reply was just putting the context of that era. There's always been people that didn't like it. They talked about play calling being bland when we were up by 40. Said CT couldn't win a championship without a better OC when Toby left. They were dancing in the stands when we beat Sinton in the semis, and cussed him during the Gilmer game. Then the same thing until PG.

Of course we knew that when CT retired it would decline. But not like this. We all assumed that the tradition would continue if a former player/coach took the lead. That didn't happen. 

Right but to his point, these conversations happened back then whether you felt they might leave or not.  Just WHEN it happened, unless WOS got lucky, decline was inevitable.

like you said, I don’t think anyone saw this level of dysfunction.  I expected a step back and gradual decline if someone didn’t step up....but not a full backwards sprint.

52 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

And not just retirement.  This was a staff that had been on a nice run since ‘85 and had opportunities outside of Orange Texas.

And like most of us that are still here. Even when they left they got pulled back in. O the magic of the fruit city. So now with so many alumni scattered all across Texas, the ones that left felt the need to decide for us... KT. And the ones that stayed are paying for it, literally with our tax dollars bro. The slow shift will soon be a rush. I can see a mass exodus if this isn't curtailed. Major improvement over the next year is the only way to save face at this point.

29 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

like you said, I don’t think anyone saw this level of dysfunction.  I expected a step back and gradual decline if someone didn’t step up....but not a full backwards sprint.

🎯 Exactly. We got a small taste in week 1 of 2021. And that should have been a wake up call to the staff, super, and admin. We could've accepted losing district to Silsbee, or Jasper, or HF. But not all 3. Especially if one had a clear idea of what had been working since he made his way from Hardin county. There are people in this world that are a quick study. In 6 years, what was learned? 

I'm beginning to wonder if this was all part of the plan set into place long ago. Give the people what they think they want. Knowing it's a futile experiment with no traction. Then when the people are ready to revolt, make the change to meet their new demands. And take all the credit for revitalization of a program that should have never been in decline. 

Politics as usual. Create a problem and make the constituents think they've elected someone who has the answers.

#makeWOSgreatagain

I really need to think of a better campaign slogan. I got it...

"Change We Can Believe In" 😉 

7 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

🎯 Exactly. We got a small taste in week 1 of 2021. And that should have been a wake up call to the staff, super, and admin. We could've accepted losing district to Silsbee, or Jasper, or HF. But not all 3. Especially if one had a clear idea of what had been working since he made his way from Hardin county. There are people in this world that are a quick study. In 6 years, what was learned? 

I'm beginning to wonder if this was all part of the plan set into place long ago. Give the people what they think they want. Knowing it's a futile experiment with no traction. Then when the people are ready to revolt, make the change to meet their new demands. And take all the credit for revitalization of a program that should have never been in decline. 

Politics as usual. Create a problem and make the constituents think they've elected someone who has the answers.

#makeWOSgreatagain

I really need to think of a better campaign slogan. I got it...

"Change We Can Believe In" 😉 

How about “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”  Too late for that one though. Bottom line is that not everyone is built to be a HC. If you can’t convey to your players what you want them to do, then let someone who can, take the lead. 

1 hour ago, RanchHand said:

How about “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”  Too late for that one though. Bottom line is that not everyone is built to be a HC. If you can’t convey to your players what you want them to do, then let someone who can, take the lead. 

It happens in normal workplaces everyday. Boss retires, next person up, department/store goes down. Then they give the boss a raise and say, well we paying him too much to knock him back down a notch. So how about come over here to an easier job and we'll find another replacement for that other position.

In my experience, just cut loose all the dead weight and stop making us carry the load for those who can't. Our current staff alumni could be in a similar scenario fighting an uphill battle. If they leave, they can't help right the ship. And if they stay, they're told to stay below deck.

Just another opinion of a lifelong Mustang. Loyalty and respect to the ones that bled blue and silver over the last 45 years. It ain't over...

On 11/28/2022 at 8:42 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

What you "believe" really doesn't matter. This was talked about long ago... If the right predecessor was not selected, it would all come tumbling down and we were right on the mark.