Carthage vs gilmer

Bansheefan

Here some some stat info you SETX fans. 
The starting Dawg Defense has held 8 of the 12 opponents to minus yards rushing in the first half. 

They have held 10 of the 12 opponents to zero points in the first half

The starting D have given up 20 points in 12 games, that is 1.6 points a game. 
The Dawg offense has averaged 42 points by half time. 
Cuff has 43 touchdown passes 3,000 yards with only 3 interceptions. He has never played in the fourth quarter and usually pulled one series in the 3rd quarter. Most of the games he and the starters never played in the second half. 
The starting D only played one series in the 3rd quarter in all 12 games. 
This could be the best Dawg team of all time, only time will tell. 

28 minutes ago, house said:

Wonder how much stuff they are holding back for the playoffs.  

Nothing really.  Cuff hasn't been released to run but other than that, no need to hide or hold back.  They are better than the opponent in nearly every position on the field.  I feel like Cuff will be utilized more to run off play action pass and extending plays with his legs....which will also create more down the field throws as skill kids have more time to get free.

Carthage ain't winning 5A, not that it matters. They're not beating Longview or somebody like that.

That's like saying WOS could have won 5A their championship years. We all saw what happened when they tried to punch up against Richmond Foster. 

It would be no different with Carthage.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Carthage ain't winning 5A, not that it matters. They're not beating Longview or somebody like that.

That's like saying WOS could have won 5A their championship years. We all saw what happened when they tried to punch up against Richmond Foster. 

Don't be so sure about that.  Take a look at Liberty Hill and what they have accomplished since being in 5A after moving up from 4A-D1 a few seasons ago and actually made it to the semi-finals against Crosby and I can guarantee you that Carthage is better than both of those teams. 

Thing is schools like Liberty Hill and Argyle are pulling from 5A student population numbers now to do what they're doing.

Could Carthage win one game against a 5A? Sure, but that's not the same as running a 5A playoff gauntlet. You're not always gonna be resting your starters after halftime. You might be in a dog fight every game after round 1. They'd either get worn down or somebody would eventually get them.

I think a China Springs rematch would be a close ballgame. CS is huge up front. They wouldn't get pushed around.

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

How has Arglye done in 5A? Carthage would stomp them handily. Longview is not in 5AD2.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Thing is schools like Liberty Hill and Argyle are pulling from 5A student population numbers now to do what they're doing.

Could Carthage win one game against a 5A? Sure, but that's not the same as running a 5A playoff gauntlet. You're not always gonna be resting your starters after halftime. You might be in a dog fight every game after round 1. They'd either get worn down or somebody would eventually get them.

I think a China Springs rematch would be a close ballgame. CS is huge up front. They wouldn't get pushed around.

Carthage would run CS straight off the field with Carthage being superior at every position. No comparison. 

4 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

2014 lost to RF by 3. 2015 was the bad one. Then we went on to win 40 straight. And if would've played them again during that streak we would've won. The Champs in the bigger divs were...

2015 George Ranch, Cedar Park, LA Vega

2016 Highland Park, Aledo, Carthage 

Carthage would've been a great game the next week after winning state. But not much hope against the others.

China Spring would be lucky to score on this Dawg defense. 
when you see this D line, linebackers, secondary you will know why. 
Three D linemen 6ft 2 295, 6 ft 275, 6ft 4 265 and all are sophomores. 
They will all be playing DI ball

Three outstanding linebackers that fly to the football and have caused many turnovers. 
Seconday where each man has at least three interceptions 

It's several of teams that were in the 5A-D2 playoffs that Carthage can beat with ease.  A few of them that are still playing as well.  Carthage didn't get nationally ranked in the beginning of the season for nothing.  I believe that they was #20 or something like that.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:11 AM, Eagleborn said:

I like how these dudes always have to let you know if it was starters or not. Y’all Carthage. No need to try and justify anything. 

...  I remember them saying last year Carthage defense was the best ever but fell to get out of region 3. 

1 hour ago, WO-S 89 said:

...  I remember them saying last year Carthage defense was the best ever but fell to get out of region 3. 

They are better this year and they were really good last year but the offense wasn't consistent enough and I don't care how good you are if you can't keep your defense off the field they will eventually wear down

Carthage should beat everyone in 4AD2 by 3 or 4 TDs on average. Any talk outside of that is just speculation.

Of the teams in 5AD2 now, I'd take South Oak Cliff or FB Marshall. SOC gave Duncanville all they wanted before district and Dville is about 10x better than anyone Carthage has played. They might have actually won that game if they'd switched quarterbacks.

5AD1 I'd take Longview, Aledo, Timberview, College Station, Lancaster and maybe even PA if they can hang with (or beat) LV this week.

Is easy to look big and bad against helpless teams. What's the Bulldogs most impressive win? Kilgore?

And has it been confirmed Gilmer's starting qb ain't playing? Going to be an ugly game if true.