Carthage vs gilmer

Bansheefan

4 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Cool carthage Stat the rb that goes in when full 2nd string offense is there leading rusher and prolly would start on most teams

They have Freshman RB that would start on most teams. Should Carthage have a 42 point lead, they may pull starters. They will never allow Gilmer to close the gap to 18 points. Carthage also know that Pittsburg is horrible and incapable of anything resembling a threat.  

11 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

They have Freshman RB that would start on most teams. Should Carthage have a 42 point lead, they may pull starters. They will never allow Gilmer to close the gap to 18 points. Carthage also know that Pittsburg is horrible and incapable of anything resembling a threat.  

True that freshman was pulled up 4 games ago maybe five and has had around 5 carries r so each game with long td runs in each game in those limited attempts

19 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Gilmer and their best two RBs in 4A should win. 

Don't listen to a couple of homers broadcasting a football game.  There's nothing "wrong" with being a homer, but you can at least be realistic.  I will say Gilmer has two very good RBs that could start for over 80% of the 4A teams in the state, but RBs are always going to be only as good as the O-line blocking.  YAC is very good for these two, though.

Realistically, Gilmer would have to play lights out, AND Carthage would have to have a few turnovers and/or a lackluster performance for the Buckeyes to have a chance.  I don't see that happening, though, unfortunately.

I'd be tickled pink if we were to win, and satisfied somewhat if we played competitive.  It's more of a mental thing than a physical thing, even though the proven coaching advantage goes to Carthage.  Surratt and Preston are amazing at getting their players prepared, and making adjustments in real time during a game,