Port neches groves vs brenham 6pm Friday Nov 25 nrg stadium!!!

lcm93

54 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

PNG has a legit shot here.  Brenham is solid but nothing special.  

Have to play mistake free. We dodged real chances at losing against Nederland, Dayton, and lbj and Montgomery. Brenham will jump on  mistakes the way they did against Dayton. If we come out and play tight defense we can create a real chance for ourselves 

Hearing some strings were pulled to get this game. Former alumni helped. Two historical programs. Brenham has great fans and its always a pleasure to play them. Very similar to playing Dayton. Classy program top to bottom. I also wish we could play with the awesome PAM team. 

50 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Considering how close PA and PNG communities are, this would have been perfect for both teams to do a double header 

I agree.  PN-GISD and PAISD need to communicate and coordinate.  Great opportunity for a NRG doubleheader.  I hope both teams win after Thanksgiving so they can have another shot at making that happen.  SETX would buy some tickets and rally for those two schools...not just PN, G, and PA...it would be Ned, BC, WOS, Beaumont, and other surrounding schools.  Missed a good opportunity for this upcoming week.  Need to make it happen the following week.  Go Indians.  Go Titans.

I reckon Coach King of Longview would never agree to a neutral site playoff game in the city of Houston versus Port Arthur Memorial. Hell I'm shocked we're playing at Abe again, apparently he doesn't like playing there, Coach Morgan must have won that toss. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I reckon Coach King of Longview would never agree to a neutral site playoff game in the city of Houston versus Port Arthur Memorial. Hell I'm shocked we're playing at Abe again, apparently he doesn't like playing there, Coach Morgan must have won that toss. 

Best of luck this Indians and many many more that I know are PAM fans. Go on with your bad selves and get the big win this week.

25 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I agree.  PN-GISD and PAISD need to communicate and coordinate.  Great opportunity for a NRG doubleheader.  I hope both teams win after Thanksgiving so they can have another shot at making that happen.  SETX would buy some tickets and rally for those two schools...not just PN, G, and PA...it would be Ned, BC, WOS, Beaumont, and other surrounding schools.  Missed a good opportunity for this upcoming week.  Need to make it happen the following week.  Go Indians.  Go Titans.

Missed opportunity. SeTx would show up hard core for those games. It would have been special. 

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Chance for revenge for the 2009 loss. Excited for this game.

Crazy game.  We had three games in a row that year that had very stressful endings.  We are decent I guess.  Talent pool is way down compared to the onslaught of talent that went on for about 15 years or more.  Coach West is gone, then they hired some guy that really hurt the program the two years he was there.  The jury is still out on their new guy.  I can say one thing.  They do seem like they are more disciplined and in better shape than they have been.  We always have had great speed.  Size is an issue right now.  I see PNG winning this game.  Hate to say it, but that last coach set us back.  Good luck

8 hours ago, dme1111 said:

PNG has a legit shot here.  Brenham is solid but nothing special.  

Yeah, we just don’t have the animals up front like we did in prior years.  Good skill position players, with good speed.  New coach has a wide open offense as opposed to the run first philosophy like before.  They are alright, kinda inconsistent.  They had Lake Creek on the ropes in the 4th qtr a couple weeks ago before we made a couple is stupid mistakes and Lake Creek scored twice in like two minutes.  It’ll be competitive.  

5 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Hearing some strings were pulled to get this game. Former alumni helped. Two historical programs. Brenham has great fans and its always a pleasure to play them. Very similar to playing Dayton. Classy program top to bottom. I also wish we could play with the awesome PAM team. 

Our fan base has lost a lot of steam and numbers over the past 6-7 years.  I noticed it first in 2014.  Can’t explain it, but I would be willing to bet that your fans will double(or more), our fans.  

5 minutes ago, 87Cub said:

Our fan base has lost a lot of steam and numbers over the past 6-7 years.  I noticed it first in 2014.  Can’t explain it, but I would be willing to bet that your fans will double(or more), our fans.  

Its still an honor to play Brenham. Such a classy program.

9 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

Well, we better clean up what we did in that second half. 

What is the offense doing during halftime in these playoff games? 

Anyway, late 4th qtr Friday night would have been the perfect time for the tough, speedy RBs like #33 and #3. They are both very quick, and seem to really be effective late in the games.  

1 hour ago, 87Cub said:

Crazy game.  We had three games in a row that year that had very stressful endings.  We are decent I guess.  Talent pool is way down compared to the onslaught of talent that went on for about 15 years or more.  Coach West is gone, then they hired some guy that really hurt the program the two years he was there.  The jury is still out on their new guy.  I can say one thing.  They do seem like they are more disciplined and in better shape than they have been.  We always have had great speed.  Size is an issue right now.  I see PNG winning this game.  Hate to say it, but that last coach set us back.  Good luck

Brenham was legit 09-10 for sure, but Brenham is always good. Even down, Brenham is solid. I see a toss up. Depends which team shows up and how the ball bounces. It will be awesome. And I have to say the Brenham green looks good. I wish we’d start putting each other on the preseason. 

9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Its still an honor to play Brenham. Such a classy program.

It is very much an honor.  I’m an old school Cub and I have never stopped being involved on some level.  We had a good team.  I played at the old stadium on behind the old school on market street.  We ran into a buzz saw in the third round my senior year.  West orange stark dropped from 5A, and were too much.  I miss Coach West, and all of his assistants that built that program into one of the best in the state from 2000-2017.  Hopefully the second choice after he left will be a better coach than that clown.  From 2020-2021.