Lumberton vs Tyler Chapel Hill Regional Semi’s

Raider24

Lumberton vs Tyler Chapel Hill  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Lumberton
    • Tyler Chapel Hill

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I may be wrong but I interpret he’s referring to CHill fans being arrogant.  On the other site some of their fans are talking about going to see Lindale vs Kilgore to see a good game - ergo Ltown vs CHill - won’t even be close.

Let 'em go and when we fill the stands our 12th man will take the game over for us.

On 11/18/2022 at 11:51 PM, raideroldtimer said:

Well, Stafford had a good game plan on the defensive side of the ball and held us to a low score. Next week the guys have to tighten up on those penalties some more although I thought the one pass interference was questionable, I thought it was actually an offensive pass interference and the facemask I kind of thought was incidental. We have the talent to beat these guys, we just need to get the attitude to beat them. We're picked to win by Calpreps 38-35. Just for a little bit of trivia since the first time we got this far was in 2007, I diid a match up and it came out 2022 Lumberton Raiders 35 - 2007 Lumberton Raiders 22.

The debate of 2022 vs 2007 is, and will always be, nothing more than speculation and who is better can’t be proved. However, for my money, 2007 is better.  They were playing up a classification against better competition, IMHO!  If this team brings home a state championship, then that might change my mind. 

9 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

So then you can probably tell we don't live there very often.🤪😆

Been living there over half my life it seems like. Out of 552 games, WOS has been ranked 300x (>54%).

When you get an eviction notice from another team. Use it as motivation and try to get revenge next season. We may not have that opportunity.

Good luck this week and no injuries. December football requires all aboard. It doesn't get any easier.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Been living there over half my life it seems like. Out of 552 games, WOS has been ranked 300x (>54%).

When you get an eviction notice from another team. Use it as motivation and try to get revenge next season. We may not have that opportunity.

Good luck this week and no injuries. December football requires all aboard. It doesn't get any easier.

Rankings mean nothing unless you're #1 exiting the season 

3 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Rankings mean nothing unless you're #1 exiting the season 

Exactly. No signs on the press box or hardware in the trophy case for an opinion. Rankings only show what someone believes you're capable of. Doesn't guarantee anything but a scrolling score across the bottom of the live show.

Just now, WOSdrummer99 said:

Exactly. No signs on the press box or hardware in the trophy case for an opinion. Rankings only show what someone believes you're capable of. Doesn't guarantee anything but a scrolling score across the bottom of the live show.

However I understand why lumberton hangs their hat on them this year lol I used to harp on them for it. But it doesn't happen often and dont see it happening every year based off what their fans are saying. With that said..  let them enjoy the ride this year they truly have a chance to be #1

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No injuries for sure. Powell got up a little gimpy after one play last Friday night, hope it was just a little stinger.

26 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Let's hope their opinions are right considering they apparently think we can take out the rest of our region, we're the highest ranked of the four teams left.

8 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

However I understand why lumberton hangs their hat on them this year lol I used to harp on them for it. But it doesn't happen often and dont see it happening every year based off what their fans are saying. With that said..  let them enjoy the ride this year they truly have a chance to be #1

When you haven’t been in the top 50 in years   It’s a feel good moment for them.  

8 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Got my tickets online tonight. We are visitors again. Best I can figure is whichever coach wins the toss gets to pick the site and the other team gets home because we've been visitors so far at every playoff game even though we've been the higher seed, at least for the first two.

Seed has nothing to do w it.... It's a mutual agreement or a coin flip. In football being visitors during the playoffs really means nothing other than you get to call the coin toss

8 minutes ago, bulldog16 said:

Seed has nothing to do w it.... It's a mutual agreement or a coin flip. In football being visitors during the playoffs really means nothing other than you get to call the coin toss

Correct. Home vs visitor means nothing other than which side the fans sit on and what color jerseys the team wear (light or dark). Coin toss is 50/50 anyway no matter who calls it.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:06 PM, NorthoftheBorder said:

The debate of 2022 vs 2007 is, and will always be, nothing more than speculation and who is better can’t be proved. However, for my money, 2007 is better.  They were playing up a classification against better competition, IMHO!  If this team brings home a state championship, then that might change my mind. 

According to Cal preps Lumberton 2022 (34) 2007 (21)

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

According to Cal preps Lumberton 2022 (34) 2007 (21)

Would you bet your entire fortune on every prediction Calpreps makes. They aren’t that great at predicting games between teams in the same season. I don’t try to make a living like they do with rating high school teams and predicting winners. I bet Calpreps has never had one of their people watch a Lumberton game so they didn’t get their eyes on either team. 

1 minute ago, NorthoftheBorder said:

Would you bet your entire fortune on every prediction Calpreps makes. They aren’t that great at predicting games between teams in the same season. I don’t try to make a living like they do with rating high school teams and predicting winners. I bet Calpreps has never had one of their people watch a Lumberton game so they didn’t get their eyes on either team. 

That can be said more times than not when it comes to rankings.