Lumberton vs Tyler Chapel Hill Regional Semi’s

Raider24

Lumberton vs Tyler Chapel Hill  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Lumberton
    • Tyler Chapel Hill

Just now, raideroldtimer said:

All these ifs, you guys need to change that to whens when you are talking about Lumberton. I was tempted to get on Chapel Hills page and message the coaches that they could go ahead and have their basketball players start practicing because we're going to send them home this week.

Attaboy!

I can’t tell ya who’s gonna win this game, but I can tell ya that the Raiders will compete and the culture within the program has changed and will continue to as long as Reyes is here. We are more physical than some give us credit for. We are not one dimensional as we were in the past. The better, more athletic team does not always win. Any given Friday! I believe the Raiders win this game and shock BEast Texas. I believe in our coaches to lay out the plan and our boys to execute the plan. #fullthrottle

I've had my eye on Lumberton for several weeks now and they have not disappointed. Very good football team on both sides of the football. A district championship and 3rd round playoff appearance echoes that. Historic territory for L-town. I think Lumberton is capable of winning this game.

That said.... Chapel Hill is a dangerous animal. They may look sloppy on film a lot of the time with turnovers and penalties and such. But make no mistake, they can score the football from anywhere on the field at any time... and their defense can absolutely get after you when they want to. Soph RB Ricky Stewart is the guy you really have to worry about. Kilgore's defense is one of the best in the state and Stewart gashed us for over 200 yds rushing. If you key on him then the QB Brisbon can hurt you just as badly with his legs and arm. They have 3 WR's that are dangerous (not even counting the D1 receiver they lost in week 10 for the season). IMO, the best player on their team is #52 who plays offensive and defensive line. They can definitely be beat, but you'll have to play very clean and be + 2 or 3 on turnovers.

2 hours ago, KilgoreAggie98 said:

I've had my eye on Lumberton for several weeks now and they have not disappointed. Very good football team on both sides of the football. A district championship and 3rd round playoff appearance echoes that. Historic territory for L-town. I think Lumberton is capable of winning this game.

That said.... Chapel Hill is a dangerous animal. They may look sloppy on film a lot of the time with turnovers and penalties and such. But make no mistake, they can score the football from anywhere on the field at any time... and their defense can absolutely get after you when they want to. Soph RB Ricky Stewart is the guy you really have to worry about. Kilgore's defense is one of the best in the state and Stewart gashed us for over 200 yds rushing. If you key on him then the QB Brisbon can hurt you just as badly with his legs and arm. They have 3 WR's that are dangerous (not even counting the D1 receiver they lost in week 10 for the season). IMO, the best player on their team is #52 who plays offensive and defensive line. They can definitely be beat, but you'll have to play very clean and be + 2 or 3 on turnovers.

Turnovers is right in Lumbertons wheel house. I don't know what our turnover numbers are specifically, but I do know we've recovered far more then we've lost. Our defense is very opportunistic when it comes to fumbles, stripping the ball and knocking down passes. More fumble recoveries than interceptions but when they snatch the ball out of the air they make some serious yardage back up the field.

Surely the premier 4A game this week.  Imo this game fits the old adage, He who makes the fewest mistakes wins the game.  We’re talking fumbles, interceptions, crucial penalties (especially the dumb, needless, unsportsmanlike conduct/personal foul).  Lumberton has to man up & stay in check.  Forget needless remarks or incidental pokes & pinches.  Usually the one retaliating gets the flag.  They’ll get caught sooner or later.  You can win but make no mistake, these guys aren’t just good, they’re very good.  Raiders just need to be a cat hair better.

Go Raiders!  
☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Surely the premier 4A game this week.  Imo this game fits the old adage, He who makes the fewest mistakes wins the game.  We’re talking fumbles, interceptions, crucial penalties (especially the dumb, needless, unsportsmanlike conduct/personal foul).  Lumberton has to man up & stay in check.  Forget needless remarks or incidental pokes & pinches.  Usually the one retaliating gets the flag.  They’ll get caught sooner or later.  You can win but make no mistake, these guys aren’t just good, they’re very good.  Raiders just need to be a cat hair better.

Go Raiders!  
☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Carthage/Gilmer also playing this week. 

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Carthage/Gilmer also playing this week. 

You think Gilmer has a decent shot?  I’d just automatically go with the Bulldogs of Carthage.  Gilmer is good this year, but there’s good and there’s Carthage good.  But yes, another premier game.

15 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Kind of expect a shootout.  Lumberton can score, but have given up a lot of points to every real team they’ve played this year.  Give me lumberton 45-38

Actually Lumberton gave up 42 points to St. Thomas, 42 points to Tatum, 31 points to Hamshire-Fannett and everyone else scored less than 30 points with Palestine coming in next with 29 points. St.Thomas was the only loss and they are one of the best private programs in the state.

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Go Raiders!  
☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

This game is easily the 4A-I game of the week, but Carthage and Gilmer take the 4A-II game of the week and probably the overall game of the week. Lumberton has to get a hold of our penalties if not it won't matter if we are better at take aways, CH has the talent to make us pay. Lumberton can do it though.

8 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

This game is easily the 4A-I game of the week, but Carthage and Gilmer take the 4A-II game of the week and probably the overall game of the week. Lumberton has to get a hold of our penalties if not it won't matter if we are better at take aways, CH has the talent to make us pay. Lumberton can do it though.

Wrong. The game of the week in 4A DI is #4 Anna vs. #5 Celina.

And next week you could have #2 Calallen vs. #3 Boerne and #1 China Spring vs. either #4 Anna or #5 Celina.

3 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Actually Lumberton gave up 42 points to St. Thomas, 42 points to Tatum, 31 points to Hamshire-Fannett and everyone else scored less than 30 points with Palestine coming in next with 29 points. St.Thomas was the only loss and they are one of the best private programs in the state.

That’s why I said every real team.  Every team with a good offense has scored lots of points on them.

When you get to this point, all the games are good. As for me, I like this one for game of the week and will be making the drive and watching this dynamic Raider offense do what it does. 
Chill will challenge our our D and no doubt will score some points……just don’t think they will end up with enough as these guys have improved every week and will be as good as any the dogs have faced. 
Perfect week to thank the young men and coaches on both of these teams in advance for providing the great entertainment that they will give us through all of their hard work and God given talent to get to this point. 

6 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Well phooey, they just shooting us down left & right.  Game of the week is China Springs vs Carthage, but that ain’t happening, so cest la vie.

On 11/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, dme1111 said:

Chapel Hill is good!!  They think region 3 is theirs and no one especially podunk Lumberton has a chance.   There is a reason Lumberton is ranked #6.   I have been following them on a Facebook page.   Incredibly arrogant group.   

How are they arrogant on a page 

29 minutes ago, Raider4 said:

How are they arrogant on a page 

I may be wrong but I interpret he’s referring to CHill fans being arrogant.  On the other site some of their fans are talking about going to see Lindale vs Kilgore to see a good game - ergo Ltown vs CHill - won’t even be close.