Trump Running in 2024

Hagar

5 hours ago, UT alum said:

And to what might you be referring? It’s never as simple as “the hedonism of the Romans” or the “hubris of Napoleon”, the “overreach of the Persians” or other sound bite history. Try reading about the collapse not just of empire, but the whole of civilization in 1177 BC. It’s always more complicated and nuanced.

Your right it’s not simple, it’s very complicated and many many factors play a part even little issues over time create bigger issues….many fail to see the lil issues because they seem insignificant at the present time whether it be then or now.  
Our luxuries and conveniences are a manipulative enemy and over the course of time we will lose whether it be this generation or the next so on and so forth, but it will happen.  Technology has sped up indoctrination and confusion no matter what side you sit on.  
look at what children deal with now? They are the future…..but what does that future look like? 

11 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Your right it’s not simple, it’s very complicated and many many factors play a part even little issues over time create bigger issues….many fail to see the lil issues because they seem insignificant at the present time whether it be then or now.  
Our luxuries and conveniences are a manipulative enemy and over the course of time we will lose whether it be this generation or the next so on and so forth, but it will happen.  Technology has sped up indoctrination and confusion no matter what side you sit on.  
look at what children deal with now? They are the future…..but what does that future look like? 

Same was said about technology when the printing press was invented.  Time was children were not much more than instruments of production.  Look no further than the coal mines of England in the 19th century. Kids are much better off today. Guess what I’m trying to say is history is most always judged according to the norms of the present. Barring a mutually assured destructive event, things will always get better incrementally despite the setbacks we encounter along the way.  I am always the optimist.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Same was said about technology when the printing press was invented.  Time was children were not much more than instruments of production.  Look no further than the coal mines of England in the 19th century. Kids are much better off today. Guess what I’m trying to say is history is most always judged according to the norms of the present. Barring a mutually assured destructive event, things will always get better incrementally despite the setbacks we encounter along the way.  I am always the optimist.

I deal with kids everyday of all ages so I have pretty good grasp of the situation.  Printing press  is a lot different than a toddler and up kids with a screen in front of their face 24/7.  Kids have the ability to see and hear things that are not age appropriate…..

kids are being affected….being optimistic doesn’t change anything that’s just a feeling with no action.  

4 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I deal with kids everyday of all ages so I have pretty good grasp of the situation.  Printing press  is a lot different than a toddler and up kids with a screen in front of their face 24/7.  Kids have the ability to see and hear things that are not age appropriate…..

kids are being affected….being optimistic doesn’t change anything that’s just a feeling with no action.  

I understand your point, but historical perspective is still important. The same was said of radio. The same was said of television. The same is said of any revolutionary technological advance. Society assimilates it and pushes forward overcoming the obstacles. Optimism is a feeling that spurs me to action.

36 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Especially the ones we allow to be murdered simply for the sake of convenience, pretty barbaric for people that have "come so far".

20 hours ago, UT alum said:

I understand your point, but historical perspective is still important. The same was said of radio. The same was said of television. The same is said of any revolutionary technological advance. Society assimilates it and pushes forward overcoming the obstacles. Optimism is a feeling that spurs me to action.

So really you don’t know the outcome till it’s too late.

Like I said luxuries and conveniences

the assimilation leads astray. People lack self discipline and you want kids to be self disciplined with the supervision of tech.

Proactive vs reactive

we see things thru a different lens….

New Primary Polls Show Trump Leading DeSantis By Double-Digits In New Hampshire And South Carolina!  I will say again -- it would do more harm than good for DeSantis run in 2024.  It would be best for him to be a team player in 2024 and have the full backing of Trump and others in 2028.  

This is the hidden content, please

18 hours ago, Reagan said:

New Primary Polls Show Trump Leading DeSantis By Double-Digits In New Hampshire And South Carolina!  I will say again -- it would do more harm than good for DeSantis run in 2024.  It would be best for him to be a team player in 2024 and have the full backing of Trump and others in 2028.  

This is the hidden content, please

Its insane how consistent you are in being confidentially WRONG 

These polls really mean nothing this early....

But unless something drastic (and I mean DRASTIC), it will be almost impossible to keep Trump from being Republican nominee in 24.....

Why? He has a HUGE base that will vote for him. 

The more in the race, Desantis, Haley, etc just dilutes the votes to Trumps advantage. 

WE have to face it, he received more votes than any other President (except Biden).......if Biden runs, Trump wins. I don't see a repeat with all the obvious mental issues we see with Biden. It would be cruel if people close to him let him run.......and Trump would beat Kamala .......so Dems are in a pickle.....IMO

14 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

But unless something drastic (and I mean DRASTIC), it will be almost impossible to keep Trump from being Republican nominee in 24.....

The more in the race, Desantis, Haley, etc just dilutes the votes to Trumps advantage. 

WE have to face it, he received more votes than any other President (except Biden).......if Biden runs, Trump wins. I don't see a repeat with all the obvious mental issues we see with Biden. It would be cruel if people close to him let him run.......and Trump would beat Kamala .......so Dems are in a pickle.....IMO

Trump will not beat Biden in 2024 - The people have showed that in the last presidential election and again in the mid-terms. 

Time for Republican's to get another leader and QUICK

I really don't see Desantis running until 2028, it wouldn't be smart to go against Trump - Trump is already throwing daggers at him and he hasn't even announced. 

30 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

That's about the only part with which I disagreed.  Most people didn't vote for Biden, they voted against Trump.  I just don't think those same people will have had a change of heart.  I put it like this.... every day they're burying a handful of Trump voters while a TON of liberal thinkers reach the voting age.  At this point I think that Trump gets the nomination and loses to any democrat.... Biden, or otherwise.