Area Round: Barbers Hill vs #2 Mansfield Timberview

pdawg119

I think BH will show MT a defense they haven’t seen all year. I don’t think they have been tested either and that showed with a lack luster performance against a 4 seed in round 1. If BH can muster enough offense for 4 scores in this one I think they can again shock the state by knocking off a top seed. As far a being disappointed…not me this was a complete rebuild this year while moving up a classification and here we are in round 2 ! Pretty impressive if you ask me.

12 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I think BH will show MT a defense they haven’t seen all year. I don’t think they have been tested either and that showed with a lack luster performance against a 4 seed in round 1. If BH can muster enough offense for 4 scores in this one I think they can again shock the state by knocking off a top seed. As far a being disappointed…not me this was a complete rebuild this year while moving up a classification and here we are in round 2 ! Pretty impressive if you ask me.

All while playing a massive amount of underclassmen. Next year, could be a really big year.

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

All while playing a massive amount of underclassmen. Next year, could be a really big year.

You ain’t kidding. Not only did we rebuild the only bright spot returning was our 2  Big receivers and neither played. Next year we return basically the entire team plus Herndon just for fun🤩.

22 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

, or will it be yet another area round disappointment for the Hill?

That is "spin". Regardless what happens Friday night BH is on the rise. Next year looks even better. Remember some of our eternal critics had us "wanting the old coach back", "4th seed at best", and destined to get stomped by Longview in the first round by some crazy score like 49-15 or something? Then last week, Uh-Oh, BH "can't handle the weather" against Forney?  Ha! 

Now about MT I have no idea except they are 11-0 and ranked #2 in the State. They deserve to be the heavy favorite. That's OK. Actually its a good thing BH can travel in stealth mode. I like it. BH has nothing to lose, just go out play hard limit mistakes and leave it all out on the field. Go Eagles! 

6 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

That is "spin". Regardless what happens Friday night BH is on the rise. Next year looks even better. Remember some of our eternal critics had us "wanting the old coach back", "4th seed at best", and destined to get stomped by Longview in the first round by some crazy score like 49-15 or something? Then last week, Uh-Oh, BH "can't handle the weather" against Forney?  Ha! 

Now about MT I have no idea except they are 11-0 and ranked #2 in the State. They deserve to be the heavy favorite. That's OK. Actually its a good thing BH can travel in stealth mode. I like it. BH has nothing to lose, just go out play hard limit mistakes and leave it all out on the field. Go Eagles! 

I think anyone really paying attention knows Timberview is not the 2nd best team in the state. They wont make the region final. Whether it is BH or Lancaster that beats them. 

Just realized that both Timberview and Forney was Div2 last year like BH,so we haven’t even made it to the Div1 playoffs yet 😀 looking at Timberview They have a huge O Line to deal with sporting at least 2 - 300 pounders one of them is 6-6 340! This is why they run the ball almost 3-1. Timberview runs and gets passes out in the flats to put their athletes in space. BH will have to be lights out again on defense because one missed tackle could be 6! Looks like they have some ball hawks on the defensive side as well, so QB can’t get baited in make tight passes or again 6. This will take a perfect game for BH, but MT is very beatable

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

We should be okay at Basketball this year but I mean we will see you next week! Have a fun week, I know yall aren't used to playing football past this week so must feel like everyyear for you. 

Why do I find so much joy knowing you die a little inside each time BH wins😂

I really am thinking this game is going to be good.  I will be interested to see if BH learned anything from the PAM game and dealing with a team that is more athletic than them defensively.  If they don't turn the ball over and stay versatile on offense, they should be in this.  The predictions also say a lot to me to about how close this game should be. 

DCTF has MTV by 9

Stepp has MTV by 6

1 hour ago, kingwolf1 said:

I really am thinking this game is going to be good.  I will be interested to see if BH learned anything from the PAM game and dealing with a team that is more athletic than them defensively.  If they don't turn the ball over and stay versatile on offense, they should be in this.  The predictions also say a lot to me to about how close this game should be. 

DCTF has MTV by 9

Stepp has MTV by 6

Cal prep has BH favored by 3