NCAA Basketball 22-23

PhatMack19

13 hours ago, bullets13 said:

UT lost to #4 Tennessee last weekend, but this week beat #10 baylor and #7 KSU.  Their next game is at #8 Kansas. They then get three unranked teams before finishing up their regular season with four straight matchups against top-15 teams.  The big 12 is insane this year. 

Has arguably been the best hoops conference for a while now.  Don’t think it’s even going to be an argument adding U of H and BYU (and sounds like Gonzaga sooner rather than later). Those three will more than make up for loss of UT and OU. 

And Lunadi has 8 of the 10 teams in right now. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

tu needs to keep this "interim" coach as their head coach.

I hate they lost beard, but they’ve done well since he’s left.  I’m all for them keeping the interim.  The question will be if he’ll be able to recruit like beard did, because he’s doing a great job coaching the transfers and recruits that beard brought in. 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

If he gets to elite 8 or better they may have to.  And I really like Rodney.  Would you rather have him than Oates or Musselman though?  

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I hate they lost beard, but they’ve done well since he’s left.  I’m all for them keeping the interim.  The question will be if he’ll be able to recruit like beard did, because he’s doing a great job coaching the transfers and recruits that beard brought in. 

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

tu needs to keep this "interim" coach as their head coach.

Terry has shown he can coach. I think the bigger question is can he construct a roster in this transfer portal era where HS recruits aren't #1 priority anymore. Beard absolutely hit the jackpot with the roster he constructed at Texas this season like he did at TTech countless times.

Highschool recruiting is a 2nd thought now and days. Think im wrong look at the top 10 teams in recruiting last season (2022) and now look at the top 10 coaches poll, only two teams (Tenn & KU) and with KU losing they may not be top 10 come Monday. Is all about how you construct rosters. Look at Vilanova, Jay Wright could construct rosters with the best of them.  

Only thing is the only way Texas finds out if Terry can out together rosters is after a contract is done. Hey maybe Terry might be that Tom Izzo that goes from assistant to head and has great success

After watching the debacle from Rupp Arena last night I don't see how those kids are going to be motivated to play for Coach Cal rest of the season. Geez that game gave me a migraine. 

Good win for Arkansas, but that game was over the first 5mins of the 2nd half. 

18 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

68-54, down goes #3 Purdue again. They've lost 3 of their last 4 I believe. 

With #1 Bama losing last night I think it's safe to say UofH will be back as #1 come Monday morning. 

Yep.  And honestly, the Coogs are probably the best team I’ve seen this season.  Plus Mattress Mack bet on them to win it all so that have that going for them.  Which is nice.