NCAA Basketball 22-23

PhatMack19

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

So happy for Hayden.  He seems to produce when given opportunities.  He finishes 3-3 from the field, all 3s. I never understand those box scores.  If I have a kid who has taken 3 3s and made them all, I’m going to find ways to get him shots until he shows me he’s no longer hitting them.  

Great night for the Houston Defenders.  Jabari Rice (who used to have his way with them when they were freshmen) made some huge plays down the stretch to lead the Horns to a big win over Hefner’s longtime summer teammate Eddie Lampkin and TCU.  

He’s an energy guy off the bench, but needs to make more 3’s.  He’s only 25% on the season from 3.  If he can get that higher, he will get more minutes.   He was never a pure shooter in HS that some expected when they see him….

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

He’s an energy guy off the bench, but needs to make more 3’s.  He’s only 25% on the season from 3.  If he can get that higher, he will get more minutes.   He was never a pure shooter in HS that some expected when they see him….

He’s now making about 1 out of 3 (has only shot about 30 this year) which is the equivalent of shooting 50 percent from 2.  Not elite but it’s definitely “green light” numbers.  I agree with you about his energy off the bench and the kid seems to make big plays.  And in terms of last year’s team, I liked his game more than some of what was run out there.  Admittedly, I haven’t watched anything more than highlights of Aggie basketball this year.