NCAA Basketball 22-23

PhatMack19

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Feeling like the old days in HTown today. 

This is the hidden content, please

They are unbeaten, but their schedule is trash.  The big guys get penalized for playing top teams.  Gonzaga is 5-2 but their pre conference schedule will match up with anyone.  

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

They are unbeaten, but their schedule is trash.  The big guys get penalized for playing top teams.  Gonzaga is 5-2 but their pre conference schedule will match up with anyone.  

In all fairness, when Mattress Mack bets on you to win it all, it should be good for about 5-7 spots in the poll.  That’s just good mojo.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

The “impeding breath” element makes that a felony by the way.  Serious stuff. 

I will say that based upon what I know from back when he was in Lubbock, no scenario will surprise me here.  That is to say, his wife is known to be coo coo but that could mean any number of things here.  

Thought this woman was his fiance and not his wife?

More UT police action, from ESPN:

Texas freshman guard 

faces a misdemeanor family violence charge stemming from a June arrest after an incident with a former girlfriend. He faces a Wednesday court hearing in Denton County near Dallas.

Morris, a top national recruit, has been allowed to play this season despite the charge, and averages 17 minutes and 6.5 points per game. Morris' attorney, Justin Moore, has said Morris is innocent of the assault charge.

• 2 weeks later...

Beard’s fiancée saying he didn’t strangle her, that she told police that on scene, and that he was acting in self-defense against her.  The question is how far will cancel culture take this, especially in as woke a town as Austin.  If the guy has zero history of these types of incidents I don’t see how he can be fired at this point. 

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Beard’s fiancée saying he didn’t strangle her, that she told police that on scene, and that he was acting in self-defense against her.  The question is how far will cancel culture take this, especially in as woke a town as Austin.  If the guy has zero history of these types of incidents I don’t see how he can be fired at this point. 

In bold: I'm 100% sure he will not be fired now 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hmmmmmm.........

👀💲

I mean, she’s his fiancée, so I doubt he paid her off.  It sounds like she tried retracting some of it before he was even arrested, which kinda lends some credence to his claim that she freaked out on him.  Possibly made some false claims against him because she was mad.

25 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I mean, she’s his fiancée, so I doubt he paid her off.  It sounds like she tried retracting some of it before he was even arrested, which kinda lends some credence to his claim that she freaked out on him.  Possibly made some false claims against him because she was mad.

In bold: Didn't have to. Wasn't what I was thinking though. 

$ as in she knew it could get him fired (harm to the pockets) and possibly worse after everything calmed down. 

Seems like those 2 need a marriage counselor before even tying the knot, I'd be shocked if this is the first time an incident has occurred in their household.