Brenham (42) vs Dayton (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 minutes ago, workbootz said:

You seen what happened when they finally gave him the ball. 

We should of opened  up the game the first half with our studs but we ran 3 QB keepers up the middle in a row for no gain what the frick ? You have run that talent pony in the ground during play-offs. We were better than Brenham but lost just the same, our defense again out played our offense but got no rest.Game was not managed well .

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Brenham (42) vs Dayton (28) - FINAL

I feel for all of the seniors that played their last game tonight. This years Broncos had tons of potential but for some reason we didn’t utilize the talent. I get we had some awesome receivers. But you have to establish a run game in order for the passing game to work and we had a kid that could possibly have been one of the best running backs in the state and for some reason we didn’t utilize him. Every time he touched the ball it was an easy 20-30 yard gain. But I think he maybe touched the ball 6-8 times tonight.

I don’t know if he made some one mad so they were proving a point, maybe he is hurting so they tried to easy up contact on him. But either way if he isn’t touching the ball why wouldn’t we utilize Campbell a little more that boy can run that ball with the best of them. We also have the young running back #22 that can run when needed. But for some reason we decided to throw the ball into double coverage, into the wind on one of the wettest and windiest games we played all year. 

46 minutes ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

I feel for all of the seniors that played their last game tonight. This years Broncos had tons of potential but for some reason we didn’t utilize the talent. I get we had some awesome receivers. But you have to establish a run game in order for the passing game to work and we had a kid that could possibly have been one of the best running backs in the state and for some reason we didn’t utilize him. Every time he touched the ball it was an easy 20-30 yard gain. But I think he maybe touched the ball 6-8 times tonight.

I don’t know if he made some one mad so they were proving a point, maybe he is hurting so they tried to easy up contact on him. But either way if he isn’t touching the ball why wouldn’t we utilize Campbell a little more that boy can run that ball with the best of them. We also have the young running back #22 that can run when needed. But for some reason we decided to throw the ball into double coverage, into the wind on one of the wettest and windiest games we played all year. 

You should apply to be a coach. I bet the current staff would be mesmerized with your insight. In all of my years, I have never considered "establishing a run game in order for the passing game to work". 

Perhaps they could work on blocking? tackling as well?

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

!!:35/21/4

You've alerted the ScoreboardBot:

Score Alert: Brenham(35) vs Dayton(21) Q4

NSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter    Wasn't Dayton the visitor ? 

6 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

NSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter    Wasn't Dayton the visitor ? 

This is my bad ! I just assumed that Dayton was visitors and Brenham would be Home team on their home field that's what I get for thinking or not thinking - 

11 hours ago, Little Enos said:

The turning point in this game was when it was 7-7 and Daytons defensive back waited for that interception to come to him while the cub receiver ran back 15 yards to make the crucial reception in front of him inside the twenty. the momentum shifted.

Good season Broncos, youre getting better and thats what counts

Yes, that was my son. He actually slipped when he was trying to run back. It happens. You have big plays and you miss some. I don't think the ONE play caused a whole game to shift. If that was the case when he stripped the ball from someone's hand and the next play we scored a touch down that would also be a shift in the game. I'm proud of my sons hard work this season. I'm proud of this team. They fought as hard as they could. 

8 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You should apply to be a coach. I bet the current staff would be mesmerized with your insight. In all of my years, I have never considered "establishing a run game in order for the passing game to work". 

Perhaps they could work on blocking? tackling as well?

I mean yeah if you want to get technical they could work on tackling. If you were at the game last night you saw exactly what happened when they actually utilized Vernon. And of course when they were moving the ball with ease if you would have looked on the side line coach Ware took over the play calling for those drives and did exactly what everyone in the stands knew needed to be done to move the ball. And as far as coaching I’ll stick with coaching the youth to many people to answer to at the high school level.