Lumberton vs Stafford

Raider24

1 hour ago, NorthoftheBorder said:

I wouldn't have picked this game location.  I would have rather it been Provost Umphrey if  each team was choosing a location close to home other than the home stadium for the flip.  

Was Provost Umphrey available?

Whats the cost difference in the two?

Are there other underlying factors?

5 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Location is ok easy trip for Lumberton  Should win this one but as playoffs continue they better shore up the defense. Giving up 29 to a weak Palestine team is not going to get it done when they face tougher opponents

I think our biggest problem last night was a case of nerves to start with and their coach started off with a little trickery. We basically gave them their first 14 points not expecting what we got. Once our guys settled in the beat down was on.

18 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

I think our biggest problem last night was a case of nerves to start with and their coach started off with a little trickery. We basically gave them their first 14 points not expecting what we got. Once our guys settled in the beat down was on.

18 hours ago, spidersal said:

Location is ok easy trip for Lumberton  Should win this one but as playoffs continue they better shore up the defense. Giving up 29 to a weak Palestine team is not going to get it done when they face tougher opponents

Defense is fine and seems to be improving every week. Palestine was pretty good offensively, well coached, and with the exception of the Kilgore game, has put up solid numbers all season.  
Whether it be nerves, missed assignments, bad luck or just a statistical anomaly, special teams play this week was bad and accounted for 16 Palestine points. 
With round 2 being on Friday and basically at home, I have no doubt that extra day will be well used to address that 3rd phase. 
Lumberton defense is complimentary of a very dynamic offense and together are playing well enough to beat any team in the region. Arguably the best and definitely the most entertaining Raider team ever. 

I wonder if the sidline to sideline guys are still thinking next week will be Stafford vs. CH? I'm pretty confident  it'll be Lumberton and we can take CH just by not falling for their hype. I think we're the better team. Some folks have said Livingston scored against their backups, but the same thing was true in the Lumberton/Livingston game and we held them better than CH.

10 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

I wonder if the sidline to sideline guys are still thinking next week will be Stafford vs. CH? I'm pretty confident  it'll be Lumberton and we can take CH just by not falling for their hype. I think we're the better team. Some folks have said Livingston scored against their backups, but the same thing was true in the Lumberton/Livingston game and we held them better than CH.

Ch is explosive on offensive. There defense imo is the weaker side of the ball. I think it will be a shootout   

10 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

No way they think it’s Stafford vs CH…