Texas City (42) @ Nederland (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

28 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Glad this nightmare of a season is over. Hope we don’t become a Navasota or a Lamarque. Hopefully not as we have a lot of support but this season was the worst Iv seen since I started following in 2005. Not always the top but at least competitive and we weren’t even that. Has our “stud” luck run out? The one name who carried us, the Mosleys, Krautz, Kimlers and Seays? Hope not. 

And Fuselier...rumor has it he has a cousin playing at Central who's going to be good 

39 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

No one fears Nederland no more !! When Neumann was coach they were dangerous and ruthless!!

At a minimum we were competitive. Can’t say that atm. How many times were the Ned players not able to physically compete with other teams and Ned would hang in the game just cause simply the other team was getting out coached? That’s not the case anymore. Hope it turns around. 

This went the way THE COACH WANTED IT TO GO!!  You on the goal line and throw the ball to a kid who being playing defense all year, these boys only did what the coaches told them to do.  WHAT I SEEN TONIGHT is that leader did not want it!! That team has talent but when you don’t put it into play Well let’s say I hated to see the Seniors last game went this way.  

2 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Glad this nightmare of a season is over. Hope we don’t become a Navasota or a Lamarque. Hopefully not as we have a lot of support but this season was the worst Iv seen since I started following in 2005. Not always the top but at least competitive and we weren’t even that. Has our “stud” luck run out? The one name who carried us, the Mosleys, Krautz, Kimlers and Seays? Hope not. 

Until changes are made, we will be mediocre at best.    There is a lot of talent choosing not to play.  Maybe a fresh start will bring those kids back into the program. 

11 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Until changes are made, we will be mediocre at best.    There is a lot of talent choosing not to play.  Maybe a fresh start will bring those kids back into the program. 

The next school board meeting is November 14th at 6pm I've heard several people want to speak to the school board about the state of the football program...IMO and I'm in the minority here but I think Barrow should be given another year with the understanding that an offensive coordinator should be hired our offense was Bobby August bad this year 

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

The next school board meeting is November 14th at 6pm I've heard several people want to speak to the school board about the state of the football program...IMO and I'm in the minority here but I think Barrow should be given another year with the understanding that an offensive coordinator should be hired our offense was Bobby August bad this year 

Look, I think he did a good job as an OC under Neumann.  BUT, it's a whole different world when you are in charge of the overall program.  He's had his time to develop "his" program.  But...

I will be making my views known to the Superintendent and certain board members.   I may go to the board meeting and see what is said.  

On 11/5/2022 at 12:54 AM, Reagan said:

Look, I think he did a good job as an OC under Neumann.  BUT, it's a whole different world when you are in charge of the overall program.  He's had his time to develop "his" program.  But...

I will be making my views known to the Superintendent and certain board members.   I may go to the board meeting and see what is said.  

"Hey, KF89, back in the Nederland/Dayton thread I asked this of you and haven't got a response:  "So, what do you have personal here with Nederland?  You work there?  You have relatives on the staff?  You have relatives within the district?  Are you personal friends with any of the coaches?"  What say you?!"

Since i was asked this question by ole Reagan & answered it, seems fair to ask you the same & you answer?

Do you have the stones to let these coaches know who you are demanding they be fired? 

Will you be making your views to put these coaches in the unemployment line known in person to Ole Stuart K. & certain school board members or do it anonymously also?

Don't be scared man, you are a tax payer with love & passion for the success of Nederland football that has a right to speak your mind & put your name on it.

What say you?! Who you is?!🙊

Mike Hiltz

Nederland has always wanted to keep those jobs in house and keep assistant coaches that were friends of high up administration. Neumann is a legend for a reason and well deserved. However , the program has gone down since he left and Nederland isn’t really intimidating to play anymore. It’s a proud program, great community , I mean y’all do it right. Class act. Just got to get a new and fresh start in the football program with a new leader and some new assistant coaches.  It’s time. The program is at an all time low, and Bulldog Football is too proud and too historically tough to remain in that shape. Good luck. 

4 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

Nederland has always wanted to keep those jobs in house and keep assistant coaches that were friends of high up administration. Neumann is a legend for a reason and well deserved. However , the program has gone down since he left and Nederland isn’t really intimidating to play anymore. It’s a proud program, great community , I mean y’all do it right. Class act. Just got to get a new and fresh start in the football program with a new leader and some new assistant coaches.  It’s time. The program is at an all time low, and Bulldog Football is too proud and too historically tough to remain in that shape. Good luck. 

I wouldn't say all time low we've seen worse *cough Bobby August cough* 

I truly believe this is a unfortunate year.  Little senior or junior leadership.  Is it the coaches fault. Ownership runs up hill.  I don’t have the right answers and been out of the loop for a few years.  I’d say give it another year.  Monty has a great football mind. I think with the right support decisions will be made.  

Lets bring it down a notch guys.    Also to @Gametime5, Neumann was an outside hire and chose his assistants.  

Barrows record:  And before you say that some of the record is Neumann's kids, he went 9-3 , three rounds deep and shared a DC in 2020.  The wheels fell off this year but all the young kids got valuable experience that will help them the next two years.

2017      TH            8-3-0         362-216         Monte Barrow
2018       R--         10-2-0         395-278         Monte Barrow
2019       F--           4-7-0         270-300         Monte Barrow
2020    CO/C           9-3-0         385-254         Monte Barrow
2021                      6-4-0         275-234         Monte Barrow

In defense of Barrow, most coaches have a down year here and there. Next year and the year after Nederland is going to tear into people and we’ll be saying what a good job Barrow is doing. We’re talking about high school kids. It’s not always obvious what causes things to go down in a single season. If it was 2-8 every year the arrow points more to Barrow. But a single season can’t define him. Nederland will be fine.

IMO, the major reason for the 2-8 season was due to having to play too many young players. The majority of those players realistically should have been playing on the JV team. 
The only issue I have with the entire coaching staff is the fact fundamentals we’re lacking. I am sure they were trying to teach them, but whether it was caused by youth or strength or a combination, they were lacking. After a 14 week regular season, they were still dropping passes, throwing bad passes, missing blocks and tackles, etc.

They need a very good offseason, getting quicker and stronger.  If they do I see 5 or 6 wins next season with a possible chance of making the playoffs. They will still have a difficult time with Marshall, Dayton, PNG, and Texas City, and PAM, however they should win the other games

17 hours ago, spidersal said:

IMO, the major reason for the 2-8 season was due to having to play too many young players. The majority of those players realistically should have been playing on the JV team. 
The only issue I have with the entire coaching staff is the fact fundamentals we’re lacking. I am sure they were trying to teach them, but whether it was caused by youth or strength or a combination, they were lacking. After a 14 week regular season, they were still dropping passes, throwing bad passes, missing blocks and tackles, etc.

They need a very good offseason, getting quicker and stronger.  If they do I see 5 or 6 wins next season with a possible chance of making the playoffs. They will still have a difficult time with Marshall, Dayton, PNG, and Texas City, and PAM, however they should win the other games

It doesn't happen often, but I agree with pretty much that whole statement.

On 11/6/2022 at 11:42 AM, KF89 said:

"Hey, KF89, back in the Nederland/Dayton thread I asked this of you and haven't got a response:  "So, what do you have personal here with Nederland?  You work there?  You have relatives on the staff?  You have relatives within the district?  Are you personal friends with any of the coaches?"  What say you?!"

Since i was asked this question by ole Reagan & answered it, seems fair to ask you the same & you answer?

Do you have the stones to let these coaches know who you are demanding they be fired? 

Will you be making your views to put these coaches in the unemployment line known in person to Ole Stuart K. & certain school board members or do it anonymously also?

Don't be scared man, you are a tax payer with love & passion for the success of Nederland football that has a right to speak your mind & put your name on it.

What say you?! Who you is?!🙊

Mike Hiltz

I've said many times that there is NEVER anything personal when I make judgement statements.  I don't even know the Ned coach.  I might be able to pick him out of a lineup 1 out of 10 times.  I like it this way.  This way my thoughts can be based on performance only.  If Nederland was able to challenge, which they can't, for the State Title every year, then we wouldn't be having these conversations now would we!  

Now, I do applaud your ability to type your name.  But -- it doesn't make your OPINION, just like mine, any better or any worst than anyone else's?!

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

I've said many times that there is NEVER anything personal when I make judgement statements.  I don't even know the Ned coach.  I might be able to pick him out of a lineup 1 out of 10 times.  I like it this way.  This way my thoughts can be based on performance only.  If Nederland was able to challenge, which they can't, for the State Title every year, then we wouldn't be having these conversations now would we!  

Now, I do applaud your ability to type your name.  But -- it doesn't make your OPINION, just like mine, any better or any worst than anyone else's!

If you are constantly making judgement statements that the Nederland coaches are incompetent at their jobs & you state you will be talking to their bosses\school board members to fire them all, I believe you have taken it from an opinion to the level of strongly personal.

My only opinion on this matter is be a man & state your name if you want to keep judging grown men & bashing their abilities to do their jobs as high school coaches\teachers.

Now, I do applaud you for your ability to admit your ignorance on your knowledge of the Nederland coach\coaches, You can not even pick them out of a lineup, but you are willing to go demand they lose their jobs at school board meetings. 

If your scared or embarrassed of your real identity, just admit it man,🐔🐔🐔

Mike Hiltz- Nederland Tax Payer 

4 hours ago, KF89 said:

If you are constantly making judgement statements that the Nederland coaches are incompetent at their jobs & you state you will be talking to their bosses\school board members to fire them all, I believe you have taken it from an opinion to the level of strongly personal.

My only opinion on this matter is be a man & state your name if you want to keep judging grown men & bashing their abilities to do their jobs as high school coaches\teachers.

Now, I do applaud you for your ability to admit your ignorance on your knowledge of the Nederland coach\coaches, You can not even pick them out of a lineup, but you are willing to go demand they lose their jobs at school board meetings. 

If your scared or embarrassed of your real identity, just admit it man,🐔🐔🐔

Mike Hiltz- Nederland Tax Payer 

Yours is a personal bias and mine is performance related.   You've heard the old saying about the definition of Insanity?!  Saying and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  This is the situation right now with Nederland.  If you and others are OK with that then, again, that's your opinion.  

Oh, BTW -- you don't feel people should be fired for cause?  I hope there aren't a lot of people in Nederland that have that same opinion.  

PS:  I already have made a rough draft of the letter I'll be sending to The Super and a few board members.  In that letter I'll state my opinion and ask for a personal meeting with each.  BTW,  I've done this in the past.    Ill be doing this while some will be keeping their heads in the sand!

Signed;  Taxpayer and all around good guy!    :)

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

Yours is a personal bias and mine is performance related.   You've heard the old saying about the definition of Insanity?!  Saying and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  This is the situation right now with Nederland.  If you and others are OK with that then, again, that's your opinion.  

Oh, BTW -- you don't feel people should be fired for cause?  I hope there aren't a lot of people in Nederland that have that same opinion.  

PS:  I already have made a rough draft of the letter I'll be sending to The Super and a few board members.  In that letter I'll state my opinion and ask for a personal meeting with each.  BTW,  I've done this in the past.    Ill be doing this while some will be keeping their heads in the sand!

Signed;  Taxpayer and all around good guy!    :)

You should bring me that rough draft & let me proof read it to correct all the bs & mistakes in it before you send it, I wouldn't want all your personal time & effort you have put in to getting a coaching staff fired wasted & ruin your all around good guy name. 

BTW-- Will you be signing this letter with your real name & will you be reading this letter to the community at the next school board meeting? 

P.S.- If all the coaches got fired tomorrow, I wouldn't lose any sleep or write a letter to anyone, it's not that personal to me. 

All I am saying is if you going to all this trouble to go after grown men's jobs, be a man & put your name on it like you asked me. 

If your scared to man up, just admit it 🐓

Mike Hiltz 

• Bigdog locked this topic