Fort Bend Marshall (52) @ Dayton (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Dayton - 5A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 4, Overall Wins: 6, District Losses: 1, Overall Losses: 2

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Fort Bend Marshall- 5A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 3, Overall Wins: 4, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

8 hours ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

Dayton may have lost on the scoreboard but I can say with the dirty hits, and all the extra stuff that Marshall does they shouldn’t be very proud of their district win. Probably the most classless and undisciplined high school football team I have ever seen. 

Dayton is on track and building for the future. The time is coming when the rest of the district will be looking up at Dayton. FBM needs to enjoy it now. 

10 hours ago, jayhawk said:

FBM very good team with not much class !

With that being said, I think Dayton made them look much better than they really are. FBM certainly didn't have the look of  their ranking, IMO. Also would like to add that it's been a long time since I have seen a Dayton team with this much heart, there is absolutely no quit in these young men. Very proud of them.

10 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

With that being said, I think Dayton made them look much better than they really are. Certainly didn't have the look of  their ranking. IMO

Agreed. Most of our defense forgot how to wrap up, fort bend marshal started with great field position on almost every drive due to very questionable punts/ a very confusing kick off or onside kick if that’s what they were trying for. On offense our difference maker last night was stevens but he hardly got the ball thrown his way not sure why you wouldn’t stick with what is working. 

16 minutes ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

Agreed. Most of our defense forgot how to wrap up, fort bend marshal started with great field position on almost every drive due to very questionable punts/ a very confusing kick off or onside kick if that’s what they were trying for. On offense our difference maker last night was stevens but he hardly got the ball thrown his way not sure why you wouldn’t stick with what is working. 

100%

Just based solely on the game I saw in Fort Bend, FBM vs PNG, Dayton at least can be glad their game wasn't at FB. If it was, late hits, holding, and face mask violations would have been much worse, and supported by the refs. Flags didn't begin flying until PNG started dishing it back at FBM. I'm recalling from memory but I seem to remember a few helmets coming off.  

Anyway, Dayton is in the playoffs now, and we'll see how it goes. 

17 hours ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

Dayton may have lost on the scoreboard but I can say with the dirty hits, and all the extra stuff that Marshall does they shouldn’t be very proud of their district win. Probably the most classless and undisciplined high school football team I have ever seen. 

Agreed. When PNG played them in 105 degree weather after they moved the game three days before kickoff.... They brought 18 cases of water for our fans causing multiple people to be hauled out by ambulance and or taken to the hospital. Disgusting. Period. 

13 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Agreed. When PNG played them in 105 degree weather after they moved the game three days before kickoff.... They brought 18 cases of water for our fans causing multiple people to be hauled out by ambulance and or taken to the hospital. Disgusting. Period. 

Thank you - We will be pulling for PNG always, but Iam afraid we won't be doing the same for FBM.