Vidor vs Lindale

Unwoke

On 10/29/2022 at 9:27 PM, Unwoke said:

I can think of 3 other Slot T teams right now that are steam rolling their opponents an are undefeated in their district. Go look at their numbers.

Vidor 4A have 1 district loss to a very good Lumberton team.

Orangefield 3A

Franklin 3A

Liberty Hill 5A

How can that be Karen if the Slot T is such a horrible offense?

Vidor don't run the slot t, they run a power offense slot T is a misdirection offense that's what upsets me about the offense everyone screams slot T but damn we don't run it like the other schools run it we run a power 

On 11/5/2022 at 11:09 AM, Hagar said:

Doesn’t take a football genius to know what needs to be done in this game.  It’s called “Hide the pigskin”.  Their passing attack will kill us.  If you doubt that watch the Huffman film.  If we can’t stop the pass, what else?  The long - time consuming, clock eating, defense tiring - drives for touchdowns.  We must get TD’s because I’m fairly sure most of their drives will.  Also, but less likely, the rare interception or a blitz resulting in a fumble.  Maybe they’ll get a few snaps over the QB’s head?  Probably not but we’re desperate, lol.

Another asset would be a fairly hard rainstorm (without thunder & lightning).  Maybe their receivers would have trouble catching the ball.  I see us as the underdogs, but hey, we’ve got a shot.  One advantage, they’ve yet to play a Slot T team, so we have that going for us.  Yes Pirates, it’ll be tough but we’ve got a shot.

Okay - Help or Hurt?  Got rain predicted for Friday (no lightning/thunder).  Could hurt both - Lindale dropping passes - Vidor fumbling ball handling.  Imo, advantage Pirates.  Kids have found out how to hold on to the ball.  Killed us first 3 games.  Anyone agree?  Disagree?

8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Okay - Help or Hurt?  Got rain predicted for Friday (no lightning/thunder).  Could hurt both - Lindale dropping passes - Vidor fumbling ball handling.  Imo, advantage Pirates.  Kids have found out how to hold on to the ball.  Killed us first 3 games.  Anyone agree?  Disagree?

Agree, the ground game is usually more solid in a wet game.

23 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Can’t believe TexanLive isn’t showing this game! 

Just so many games those guys can do.

They are running short on announcers so they try to use other audio broadcasts for their video broadcasts. That's the case with East Chambers and Silsbee broadcasts on TL. They use the SETXsports audio broadcast for their audio.

I imagine that is the case for other broadcasts they do.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just so many games those guys can do.

They are running short on announcers so they try to use other audio broadcasts for their video broadcasts. That's the case with East Chambers and Silsbee broadcasts on TL. They use the SETXsports audio broadcast for their audio.

I imagine that is the case for other broadcasts they do.

We’ll it is what is. Guess I got to make the drive. Lol

Heard from Lindale fans their offense is predominantly run oriented.  So the rain isn’t much of a factor.  And they have a big OL.  I posted we were small but made up for that by being slow, lol.  Told them we were so small we once used 14 guys on D and they were so small, no one noticed. 😂☠️😂☠️😂☠️😂☠️

On 11/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, Hagar said:

Rain helps the passing offense. The receivers know what route they are running and the defenders do not

On 11/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, Hagar said:

Remember BH smoking us during a monsoon in Vidor with passing ? Vidor had a great backfield with humble and leckelt but couldn't keep their footing enough to gain yardage.the BH receivers had a field day because they knew their routes and our secondary would fall everytime their receivers made a double move. The game that led to bhisd complaining and us getting turf. Fortunately we won't be playing in gumbo mud this game.

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Remember BH smoking us during a monsoon in Vidor with passing ? Vidor had a great backfield with humble and leckelt but couldn't keep their footing enough to gain yardage.the BH receivers had a field day because they knew their routes and our secondary would fall everytime their receivers made a double move. The game that led to bhisd complaining and us getting turf. Fortunately we won't be playing in gumbo mud this game.

So our Passing game will suffer.  Gotcha!  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

37 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Call me sick if ya want, but I bet some east Texas guy a hundy that Vidor covers the 10pt. Spread!! Let’s go pirates!!! Venmo is the devil!!

As we all know, just ain’t no telling.  Some can defend the Slot T, some can’t.  That said, Vidor could win it outright or not beat the spread.  Should have a good idea by end of first quarter.

I’m durn sure pulling for you.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, Boneyard Boys said:

Why do we always end up playing CH or Lindale, can't ever catch Palestine. They seem to be the only team to beat from that district. Apparently, it's already decided up in East Texas if we already know the first round matchup. Curious how it all shook out on their side since Lindale goes in as the 3 seed.

and CH was the 4 seed last year.weird.