Vidor (48) @ Huffman (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

What if you didnt have anyone that was better? 

That’s a problem.  Besides, everyone has a bad day.  Kid was giving his best - so was Verlander.  Poo happens, to Professionals and HS kids.  I know he’s beating himself up enough, but that wasn’t the only errors.  I think the Falcons have a legitimate shot next week.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

What if you didnt have anyone that was better? 

We moved our left tackle last year to center this year. I can tell you the amount of work I saw him put in during the off-season with our QB to work on snapping and learning that position. Its a tough spot to play but can be accomplished if the work is put in! 

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

That’s a problem.  Besides, everyone has a bad day.  Kid was giving his best - so was Verlander.  Poo happens, to Professionals and HS kids.  I know he’s beating himself up enough, but that wasn’t the only errors.  I think the Falcons have a legitimate shot next week.

Yep, there are also very few who want the job. Blocking is hard enough without having to snap. Center may be the toughest position on the field outside of QB. We are talking about 3 snaps. What about every other snap/play? Wonder if other lineman had only "3" bad plays? 

9 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, there are also very few who want the job. Blocking is hard enough without having to snap. Center may be the toughest position on the field outside of QB. We are talking about 3 snaps. What about every other snap/play? Wonder if other lineman had only "3" bad plays? 

Tough position, No doubt. Reminds me of the catchers position in baseball. Very demanding with little recognition all while getting beat up with baseballs. Catchers make Pitchers look good, Pitchers don’t make Catchers look good. If He puts in the work he’ll get better.

15 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I've played center. Nothing else matters if you can't deliver the ball successfully 

Well spoken. What do you do if you don't have a better option at center than the one who had "3 bad snaps in a game"? What do you do if all of your lineman really dont want to snap (or cant snap) and the one who does has 3 bad plays? 

Should you move a WR or RB to C? hoping that they have less than 3 bad plays?

28 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Well spoken. What do you do if you don't have a better option at center than the one who had "3 bad snaps in a game"? What do you do if all of your lineman really dont want to snap (or cant snap) and the one who does has 3 bad plays? 

Should you move a WR or RB to C? hoping that they have less than 3 bad plays?

You have 5 lineman. I'm no coach but I know some teams move them around occasionally. I haven't often seen a starting varsity center airmail 3 snaps in a game.

26 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

You have 5 lineman. I'm no coach but I know some teams move them around occasionally. I haven't often seen a starting varsity center airmail 3 snaps in a game.

Understood. You should watch some film as it happens frequently. Many centers have 45-50 good snaps and 3 bad snaps in a game. The other teams 0/1 techs can also influence the quality of the snap as well. What do you do if the other 4 OL cant snap or dont want to do it because they know what it entails? 

Very few can jump from one of the other positions and immediately "snap" better than someone who has been snapping all year. Most programs try to groom C from an early age. 

3 hours ago, Raider24 said:

We moved our left tackle last year to center this year. I can tell you the amount of work I saw him put in during the off-season with our QB to work on snapping and learning that position. Its a tough spot to play but can be accomplished if the work is put in! 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Tough position, No doubt. Reminds me of the catchers position in baseball. Very demanding with little recognition all while getting beat up with baseballs. Catchers make Pitchers look good, Pitchers don’t make Catchers look good. If He puts in the work he’ll get better.

I wanted my son to learn how to be a long snapper, that’s where the money is at when you can’t run a 4.5 or benchpress a Cadillac. Could have had a 25 year career in football but what does the old man know about anything ever…

13 minutes ago, Sportsfan479 said:

I believe with this win the pirates have all but lined up a date with Lindale in the 1st round

You are correct. It’s already been posted on Vidor Athletics Facebook Page. I am assuming our game against Splendora is irrelevant wether we win or lose. 

PLAYOFF INFORMATION 

Pirates will play Lindale on Nov 11th at Bryan High School 7:30pm

When more information becomes available I will pass it along. 

*I DON’T KNOW ABOUT TICKETS YET*

6 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I get that but they can still do that with 7 seconds on the play clock. One of the objectives of that offense is to eat up clock. Why not maximize that objective especially when your ahead by 2 or more touchdowns. At least that’s my coaching from the stands opinion. Lol

I totally get that. They did do that on the final snap 

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I wanted my son to learn how to be a long snapper, that’s where the money is at when you can’t run a 4.5 or benchpress a Cadillac. Could have had a 25 year career in football but what does the old man know about anything ever…

Pretty durn good safety though.  Could’ve used him last night.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Pretty durn good safety though.  Could’ve used him last night.

Thanks buddy, he did his thing. Now currently doing his thing at the Vidor Walmart lol. Idk how someone deserves 15 dollars an hour starting out and all you have to do is shop for people when they put an order in but once again… what do I know.

Go Stros 5-0 again, when you miss that big fish and get a second chance you can’t let him off the hook again. 

On 10/29/2022 at 6:31 AM, Hagar said:

The fact y’all had new Coaches gave me hope.  Old Coach had defending the Slot T down pat, ergo y’all beat us every year.  I was hoping new Coach may not - and he didn’t.

And no, personnel wise y’all were good.  Perhaps not quite the Falcons of the past, but still, good.  If the old Coach had this group, y’all would be in the hunt for the DC - Jmo.  And yes, y’all still have a chance at playoffs (I think).  Good luck with that.

Our new HC was our former D coordinator!  He will have to now be a boss to coaches he’s been buddies with the past years.  It a hard thing to do but only kids suffer when position coaches dont have the oversight and can do what they want without repercussions. 

On 10/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, 89Falcon said:

Understood. You should watch some film as it happens frequently. Many centers have 45-50 good snaps and 3 bad snaps in a game. The other teams 0/1 techs can also influence the quality of the snap as well. What do you do if the other 4 OL cant snap or dont want to do it because they know what it entails? 

Very few can jump from one of the other positions and immediately "snap" better than someone who has been snapping all year. Most programs try to groom C from an early age. 

Center is a very tough position, I can’t understand why Huffman moved away from the center at beginning of season because of a few bad snaps. I am very fluent in football especially O line, and this years OLine coach should be held accountable!  If he has free reign. If not then the HC/AD should’ve held accountable..