Vidor (48) @ Huffman (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

4 minutes ago, Night angel said:

A safety was there to make a play on the ball and …not sure what happened

It look like he mistimed it.  He was running toward Vidor side & receiver toward Huffman side.  I thought, at that moment, he had intercepted, but timing just a hair off I guess.  That QB to Wilkins was a heckuva combination.  

been working nights lately, and i listened to the whole game with my headphones. big win for the league villains - after starting 0-3 who woulda thunk they'd be sitting a game over .500 and sitting pretty in 2nd place in district going into the final district game, honestly not me. this team is peaking at the right time i think. gotta keep the black pearl sailing against splendora next week!!

GO PIRATES!! 🏴‍☠️

Definitely our coaches cannot evaluate talent. Making a game plan for the week is one thing, but installing the correct personnel is another. This is where I believe Huffman will be Huffman unless our HC holds his coaches accountable.  We were definitely down this year, but in my opinion we shouldn’t be this bad. We have decent players!  Just not guided correctly.  We should of made playoffs!! We still can, but I doubt it!

4 hours ago, Falcons4ever said:

Definitely our coaches cannot evaluate talent. Making a game plan for the week is one thing, but installing the correct personnel is another. This is where I believe Huffman will be Huffman unless our HC holds his coaches accountable.  We were definitely down this year, but in my opinion we shouldn’t be this bad. We have decent players!  Just not guided correctly.  We should of made playoffs!! We still can, but I doubt it!

The fact y’all had new Coaches gave me hope.  Old Coach had defending the Slot T down pat, ergo y’all beat us every year.  I was hoping new Coach may not - and he didn’t.

And no, personnel wise y’all were good.  Perhaps not quite the Falcons of the past, but still, good.  If the old Coach had this group, y’all would be in the hunt for the DC - Jmo.  And yes, y’all still have a chance at playoffs (I think).  Good luck with that.

5 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Congrats to the Pirates, its so nice to see their hardwork payoff. I really hope they can make a playoff run, Coach Mathews is a class act. 

As pointed out earlier, when we got the ball on the 1 Ft line, & backups in, many coaches would’ve let them run it in.  Not Matthews.  The fact he is a Class Act is why he’s still HC here, and probably will be as long as he wants it.  That, despite the fact many fans hate the Slot T.  As I always point out, we’re 5-4 and all 5 of those victories were against spread offenses, and most with bigger, faster people.  I can’t begin to tell you how many times Vidor RB’s have broken loose this year and were dragged down from behind.  For other teams TD, for Vidor - another first down.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

As pointed out earlier, when we got the ball on the 1 Ft line, & backups in, many coaches would’ve let them run it in.  Not Matthews.  The fact he is a Class Act is why he’s still HC here, and probably will be as long as he wants it.  That, despite the fact many fans hate the Slot T.  As I always point out, we’re 5-4 and all 5 of those victories were against spread offenses, and most with bigger, faster people.  I can’t begin to tell you how many times Vidor RB’s have broken loose this year and were dragged down from behind.  For other teams TD, for Vidor - another first down.

I can think of 3 other Slot T teams right now that are steam rolling their opponents an are undefeated in their district. Go look at their numbers.

Pirates have 1 district loss to a very good Lumberton team.

Karen Melon has a hard time dealing with facts. 

Orangefield 3A

Franklin 3A

Liberty Hill 5A

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

I can think of 3 other Slot T teams right now that are steam rolling their opponents an are undefeated in their district. Go look at their numbers.

Orangefield 3A

Franklin 3A

Liberty Hill 5A

OOL, but I like the post. 👍👍👍

9 hours ago, Falcons4ever said:

Yes he could, and he wasn’t the day one starter this year🤔. Wonder what those coaches were thinking this year.  I feel we could of pulled out a few more wins, or closer games if those coaches were kept in check this year!!!!

I think huffman truly has a decent shot to beat my bears next week. They are improving 

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Orangefield 3A

Franklin 3A

Liberty Hill 5A

out of likes, but this is the post.👍

1 minute ago, Night angel said:

Springing to the line and snapping quick gives the defense no time to see what backs are in and what the formation is 

I get that but they can still do that with 7 seconds on the play clock. One of the objectives of that offense is to eat up clock. Why not maximize that objective especially when your ahead by 2 or more touchdowns. At least that’s my coaching from the stands opinion. Lol

12 hours ago, Hagar said:

I watch the game on my iPad & post on my phone (not a big phone).  It took two attempts at every word, lol.  I love it when BB post, although how he does it is a mystery to me.  Tonight he must be at the dome, drinking cold beer, lol.

Fastest fingers west of the Mississippi my boy.

Tear in my beer for the Stros, we’ll get em today.