Little Cypress-Mauriceville (7) @ Lumberton (41) - FINAL

jdawg03

Look at the Raiders beating up on almost everyone they play, some big blowouts and high point totals so far this season. It sure is fun to watch their wide open air raid style of play and salty defense, although a lot more fun when they aren't blasting your team. Congrats on the outright DC, when is the last time Lumberton had one of those?

11 hours ago, vhs said:

How deep is the pool at Lumberton … will this be another short lived run of success like 07-08 or do they have a pipeline of talent coming up?

Their run will probably last as long as that QB is there, guys like that aren't easy to replace. Just look at the downturn from LCM after losing their QB from last season.

26 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I was talking to some of my friends from PA they think here in a few alignments they will be D2…  curious to see where numbers are at if they make a 7A 

Our numbers are fairly stagnant right now. Unless another storm passes thru here I don't see us dropping to D2. Now if they make a 7A then who knows. 

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Look at the Raiders beating up on almost everyone they play, some big blowouts and high point totals so far this season. It sure is fun to watch their wide open air raid style of play and salty defense, although a lot more fun when they aren't blasting your team. Congrats on the outright DC, when is the last time Lumberton had one of those?

Never had an outright but had tri district championship when I was in school 

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Never, we've always had to share. Our first was a tri-DC with PNG and Dayton and then we've had a couple of Co-DCs I think or at least one.

Lumberton looked really good. They were more aggressive then LCM.  I think that whole incident with the LCM school did nothing but give lots of motivation to their team. POKED THE BEAR, (Raider).  But, honestly Lumberton was the better team by far.   

19 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It looks like Lumberton has them a good coach.  And that the greatness of someone else's coach, again, has been greatly exaggerated!  

I dont grasp the fact how some folk... some of whom have district championships counted on 1 hand in 30 years....  can say a  5A state championship coach "overrated" or "exaggerated"?? 

Edit: had to add. Taking 0 away from how good lumberton is. Saying lcm is overrated takes away from how great lumberton is.

2 hours ago, LCM 83 said:

Lumberton looked really good. They were more aggressive then LCM.  I think that whole incident with the LCM school did nothing but give lots of motivation to their team. POKED THE BEAR, (Raider).  But, honestly Lumberton was the better team by far.   

One or two of them were TOO aggressive. Coach Reyes has to get those personal fouls under control.

8 hours ago, Raider24 said:

QB, RB, 2 of the 4 WR's. 2 of the front 3 DL, 3 of the 4 LBS are all JRs and were starters last year. 

Hit will be DB's and OL. 

Good solid core coming back.  The talent of those playmakers is undeniable, but it remains to be seen how much losing that offensive line will effect them next year.