WOS School Board Meeting

XX Man

30 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Whos going to the School Board meeting tonight, to talk about the program decline?

Maybe Yaboy KtTraylor want mind wasting some gas money to come down from Dallas to enlighten the school board on they turned WOS into the Buna Boudain Balls….. of course with his help. 😀

16 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Are you going to bring up the long history of academic shortfalls or just the record of a first year head coach? Just wondering…

Unfortunately.. nobody cares about academic shortfalls in comparison.  That's why coaches get away with yelling/cussing at kids but teachers don't.  That's why coaches get away with all sorts of physical punishment for behavior and/or missing a practice but teachers don't if a kid refuses to do an assignment or skips class.  That's why threads get created about complaining to school boards for gripes about a football coach.. but not about a principal or teachers.

7 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

One bad season (4-4) and not even a full season done yet and yall are ready to get rid of the man. Teams have down years. WOS has been good for so long that no one knows how to act when goin 4-4. WOS will be fine.

Down years aren't supposed to happen when 16 starters return from a team that went 4 rounds deep in the playoffs though, and especially not with a program that has had this much historical success.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Unfortunately.. nobody cares about academic shortfalls in comparison.  That's why coaches get away with yelling/cussing at kids but teachers don't.  That's why coaches get away with all sorts of physical punishment for behavior and/or missing a practice but teachers don't if a kid refuses to do an assignment or skips class.  That's why threads get created about complaining to school boards for gripes about a football coach.. but not about a principal or teachers.

Exactly my point. 

17 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Down years aren't supposed to happen when 16 starters return from a team that went 4 rounds deep in the playoffs though, and especially not with a program that has had this much historical success.

You aren't taking into account the fact that the other teams return kids and possibly even improve.  Every year.  You can look at the comparable results with both Silsbee and HF and tell that they are pretty stinkin good.  I personally watched Jasper play and know that they're also loaded with talented, athletic kids.  Those are not bad losses for WOS.. I don't care how many returners they have.

Calm down.  The level of drama coming out of WOS over a few losses to some good teams makes me think that there isn't enough mental fortitude in the community to win any tough playoff games anyway.

Cry me a river.  The school has more state titles than most SeTx schools will ever have and are still competitive in what is an obvious down year.  Give the guy some time before putting a for sale sign in the yard.

4 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

That's it. It's not the returning starters that are problem. It's all about those who did not return, and those who had never been. Those who had been, weren't given an opportunity in the name of progress. We have since transgressed. When one is chosen over another for one reason, we move backwards. Reversing back across the line to what has been deemed unacceptable.

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

Can WO-S afford to buy out his contract, not that I think that the board would do that. The board got what they wanted —— Change. 
A crazy world we now live in. Hope this can be turned around.

WOS can afford to buyout his contract,take some from the overpaid sup.would work!They don’t have to buyout though,just tell him he’s a principal again.

You aren't taking into account the fact that the other teams return kids and possibly even improve.  Every year.  You can look at the comparable results with both Silsbee and HF and tell that they are pretty stinkin good.  I personally watched Jasper play and know that they're also loaded with talented, athletic kids.  Those are not bad losses for WOS.. I don't care how many returners they have.

Calm down.  The level of drama coming out of WOS over a few losses to some good teams makes me think that there isn't enough mental fortitude in the community to win any tough playoff games anyway.

Cry me a river.  The school has more state titles than most SeTx schools will ever have and are still competitive in what is an obvious down year.  Give the guy some time before putting a for sale sign in the yard.

I promise you no one is crying or panicking over here north of IH-10 :) 

WOS has found a way to lose every single BIG  game on their schedule…

3 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

WOS has found a way to lose every single BIG  game on their schedule…

That is true, and maybe Hiawatha isn't the guy... Or maybe he is the guy but needs a couple seasons to get his program down through the middle school and all the way up to the Varsity ranks. My biggest point is that there is more outrage over a down 1/2 season from a 1st time head coach than there is over failing to educate the kids at WOS - the whole main reason for the school (& school board meetings).

28 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That is true, and maybe Hiawatha isn't the guy... Or maybe he is the guy but needs a couple seasons to get his program down through the middle school and all the way up to the Varsity ranks. My biggest point is that there is more outrage over a down 1/2 season from a 1st time head coach than there is over failing to educate the kids at WOS - the whole main reason for the school (& school board meetings).

The education has been poor here for a long long time…for me this is about football and football only.The behind doors hiring process and the coach doing poorly,first year or not it’s been poor.He’s been here for several years and only had to keep it going basically,and start implementing things you want along the way.If you step into the position that he did and change the entire system immediately and then lose there’s gonna be backlash!