2022 World Series - Astros vs Phillies

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

I heard a vicious rumor.  Two previous teams have swept the Divisional & League playoffs.  Both went on to lose the World Series.  Nonsense I say.  The 💩 stops here.  The Astros will prevail.  Here’s my thoughts - the Astros sweep Philly in four straight.  A feat never done before, nor likely ever to be done again.  Do it Astros.  Put an exclamation point on an outstanding season.  Eleven straight victories over the best MLB has to offer.  

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

I heard a vicious rumor.  Two previous teams have swept the Divisional & League playoffs.  Both went on to lose the World Series.  Nonsense I say.  The 💩 stops here.  The Astros will prevail.  Here’s my thoughts - the Astros sweep Philly in four straight.  A feat never done before, nor likely ever to be done again.  Do it Astros.  Put an exclamation point on an outstanding season.  Eleven straight victories over the best MLB has to offer.  

It's not a rumor. It's true. I think they could sweep Philly. Gonna depend on the weather when we get up north. Pitching will be questionable in the colder Temps. Good thing we have our roof. I don't see us losing to a WC team in best of 7.

40 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Its a tall order for anyone to beat the Stros best of 7. Depth matters but underdogs can and will win at times. No one thought SD would beat the Dodgers. That said I think we simply overpower Philly.     

Speaking of underdogs, I guess Philly would meet the criteria.  But here endeth the unlikely.

20 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Its a tall order for anyone to beat the Stros best of 7. Depth matters but underdogs can and will win at times. No one thought SD would beat the Dodgers. That said I think we simply overpower Philly.     

Yepp, Houston won the WS in 2017 as the underdogs while losing in 2019 and 2021 as the favorites.

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I blame this loss in Aggiesarewe.  He abandoned his team when they needed him he most….

It's my daughters fault and she is already hearing about it.

Plan on burning her pork chop and ribs.

Party starts at 2pm today but I told her I was leaving by 4 to go get set up for game 2.

Ole Mattress Mack got to be feeling better after Saturday night.

He has 10 milli riding on the Astros. The payoff if they win.....? Only the largest sports bet ever pay day a mere $75 million.😯

Gotta tip your hat to the man. He made his futures bet back in May!  The great odds he got is why such the BIG payoff.