West Orange-Stark (14) @ Jasper (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

8 hours ago, BigRed5 said:

Congratulations! You all have gotten what you wanted! Change! You get rid of a coach and staff that did nothing but win!! None of you guys should be saying a word! You got what you wanted! In one year, the tradition and reputation of WOS football has been destroyed! Congratulations!!

You need to be careful who you include in "you". Most on this board DID NOT want CT to leave. Most of the people who played knew what held the program together.

8 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

oh trust me I do and will. The DAWGS have endured our share of losses to Blue&Silver over the years.

Personally, I have always made it clear that I have such a high level of respect for the WOS football program and their accomplishments  

if I am not mistaken yalls fans are bit disgruntled about the down year so far.

That said, it's pretty sad that literally one fan has at least said " good game".In case you forget Jasper is going thru changes as well. Might I add I am so proud of our young men this season!

But even when we Jasper got beat 53 to 0 I was one of the first to come tip my hat and be courteous enough to congratulate on the game won. @One4All thank you for the sportsmanship.

also  @WOSdrummer99

I apologize, my disgust over what I see should not take away from the well earned Jasper victory. Congratulations!

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There has been a vocal group for several years wanting to hire a person of color for the spot. It never really gained any traction until last year when a kid got kicked off of the team and the vocal group got a lot of outside help via the petition and a lot of social media attention. The super had already had his pick made clear before the job was posted, and the rest is History. 

It’s not a knock on the new coach or in any way based on his race. It just seemed like the super harnessed the race issue to hire a friend who just doesn’t seem to be in the same league as what was has had in the past.

But that’s just an outsider’s perspective.  

An astute one.

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Somebody can correct me, but he wasn’t even a coordinator, much less a head coach. 

I think that the real problem is that he had to hire two new coordinators who brought in their own schemes on both sides of the ball and it hasn’t been successful. 

They’re the winningest (by percentage) team in TXHSFB and they only got 13 applicants for the job… because the fix was in, and at this point it looks like it backfired. 

Repeat… it’s not the coach’s fault. He’s just doing his best to do the job he was hired to do. 

The only thing I'll say different, is, knowing he had no experience, he decided to hire coordinators who had no experience. So now, we have the 3 head guys who have a combined 0 years of experience at their positions.

Not gonna lie.  There was two things about The previous coach that rubbed me the wrong way.  I heard that audio when he kicked that young man off the team.  Also, I seen the pic and video of him in the court supporting that Coach that killed that young lady and her kid then fled the scene.  Other than that, dude was a wonderful coach.  If you wanted wins and championships, then he was your guy.  But they don’t hire coaches just based on morals, do they?

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not gonna lie.  There was two things about The previous coach that rubbed me the wrong way.  I heard that audio when he kicked that young man off the team.  Also, I seen the pic and video of him in the court supporting that Coach that killed that young lady and her kid then fled the scene.  Other than that, dude was a wonderful coach.  If you wanted wins and championships, then he was your guy.  But they don’t hire coaches just based on morals, do they?

Sounds like you signed the petition

1 hour ago, Gasilla said:

You need to be careful who you include in "you". Most on this board DID NOT want CT to leave. Most of the people who played knew what held the program together.

Thank you bcz he clearly doesn't know what he's talking. And this thing will only get worse. Another couple of videos smh !!

57 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

The only thing I'll say different, is, knowing he had no experience, he decided to hire coordinators who had no experience. So now, we have the 3 head guys who have a combined 0 years of experience at their positions.

It will only get worse for everyone!!

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So because he was in the courtroom he was in the wrong? How do you know what his intentions were for being there?

SMH, my statement about being sick watching my team lose to others teams whom we should be beating, has nothing to do with the other team and more about WHAT WOS is not doing. Not tackling, no effort in trying to pursue. If we do those things WE win period. IMO 60% of us losing is coaching, and 40% are the things that players are not doing.  To all the teams who have victories over WOS this year CONGRATS to you respectfully.

I for one was supporting the program and the new hire saying give him a chance. I never imagined such a spiraling meltdown. Here’s some key points.

1. The new hire was with the program under CT. He must not have been a very good learner. His plan was to change everything that works.
  2. At this rate LCM will not be recruiting players. They will be voluntarily lining up.
  3. The district has now invested millions into first rate facilities in support of a program that after not even a full season, is no longer first rate.
  4. The program has dug a hole that will be difficult to dig out of.
  5. I will not criticize Harris for what looks like a poor hire. It happens. How he handles it from this season forward will tell the tale. 

Is WOS the next La Marque? Both storied programs, but La Marque has been hit or miss for a while now. Rather then being the feared program that everyone was hoping they could avoid for as long as possible in the playoffs, now it will just depend on the year? 

31 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

SMH, my statement about being sick watching my team lose to others teams whom we should be beating, has nothing to do with the other team and more about WHAT WOS is not doing. Not tackling, no effort in trying to pursue. If we do those things WE win period. IMO 60% of us losing is coaching, and 40% are the things that players are not doing.  To all the teams who have victories over WOS this year CONGRATS to you respectfully.

True. WOS has set a standard other programs had to reach to compete. Jasper, Silsbee, HF, LCM and others have been working hard to reach that standard to compete. They are now deserving competitors and not just because WOS is down.

5 minutes ago, SD_2 said:

Is WOS the next La Marque? Both storied programs, but La Marque has been hit or miss for a while now. Rather then being the feared program that everyone was hoping they could avoid for as long as possible in the playoffs, now it will just depend on the year? 

Yes. Unless changes are made which I doubt .

5 minutes ago, mat said:

I for one was supporting the program and the new hire saying give him a chance. I never imagined such a spiraling meltdown. Here’s some key points.

1. The new hire was with the program under CT. He must not have been a very good learner. His plan was to change everything that works.
  2. At this rate LCM will not be recruiting players. They will be voluntarily lining up.
  3. The district has now invested millions into first rate facilities in support of a program that after not even a full season, is no longer first rate.
  4. The program has dug a hole that will be difficult to dig out of.
  5. I will not criticize Harris for what looks like a poor hire. It happens. How he handles it from this season forward will tell the tale. 

Thank you for being open minded. I agree with everything you have said except #2. things are not so perfect over there at LCM, they don't have a perfect record neither.  Things can turn around, I'm all for replacing people who can't do their jobs, it happens everyday. and it's not personal for me. Mustang4life!

9 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Thank you for being open minded. I agree with everything you have said except #2. things are not so perfect over there at LCM, they don't have a perfect record neither.  Things can turn around, I'm all for replacing people who can't do their jobs, it happens everyday. and it's not personal for me. Mustang4life!

I hope I’m wrong but we don’t know yet how damaging this season will be.

1 hour ago, BEARCPA said:

This happens way more often than not when a team gets a new head coach. 

The teams you’re speaking of are not your typical WOS,you know the team with the winningest record in Texas High School Football History ,the team that’s known to stop offenses in their tracks ..I.e. chain gang 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Don’t know nothing about the kid that was kicked off, other than I’ve heard from several in the community that he was a turd.   Two sides to every story.

As far as the Carl Broussard story.   CT was a character witness.   He can only testify as to what he knew the man to be.   I’m fairly confident that CT didn’t condone he’s actions and what he was found guilty of.

I know Broussard personally, myself.   He coached at my high school in 1995, and I ran into him over the years.   What he did was beyond reproach, but that’s not the person I knew.

To say CT didn’t have morals, and wasn’t a man of a character as some in West Orange want ppl to believe is bull crap.  They are reaping what they have sown.

1 minute ago, MackLewis said:

Don’t know nothing about the kid that was kicked off, other than I’ve heard from several in the community that he was a turd.   Two sides to every story.

As far as the Carl Broussard story.   CT was a character witness.   He can only testify as to what he knew the man to be.   I’m fairly confident that CT didn’t condone he’s actions and what he was found guilty of.

I know Broussard personally, myself.   He coached at my high school in 1995, and I ran into him over the years.   What he did was beyond reproach, but that’s not the person I knew.

To say CT didn’t have morals, and wasn’t a man of a character as some in West Orange want ppl to believe is bull crap.  They are reaping what they have sown.

Not to mention I believe, iirc, he was there under subpoena (I.e., he didn’t have a choice to NOT attend).  And then it’s a matter of answering questions you are asked. I am quite certain he would have probably preferred to be ANYWHERE else on that day.