West Orange-Stark (14) @ Jasper (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, Dat Brook said:

If the "they" you are referring to in this statement is the coaches of an opposing team, you may need to brush up on the consequences that can occur if the UIL discovers that recruiting is going on. Coaches have received multi-year and lifetime suspensions, losing their career along with consequences for the school as a whole. 

Just an ongoing joke from me to the OP, I don’t have any evidence of wrongdoing or bring any accusations against anyone in particular. I like to mess with the guy because you see that program changing over there and I’m sure it will continue to change over the next few years. Just look at their basketball program, they have players from Orange, BC, Orangefield and even announce that during intros before the game. Call it what you want, I call it ‘cruitin’. 

Just now, NEagles95 said:

When is the last season WOS Gad this many losses? Absolutely unbelievable. I’ve ALWAYS respected WOS’s program. But this is not WOS AT ALLLLL!

Current record is 4-5 (2-3)

2018 finished 9-5 (4-0) losing to Silsbee in 4th round

1999 finished 7-3 (4-3) no playoffs

I predict we finish 5-6 (3-3) losing to Bellville 1st round.

Hard to stay optimistic with this regime 

I have said from word go Hickman was placed in a no win situation.  If WOS went udefeated this season, it would have been “ anyone could win with what has been built here”. We see whats happening with a poor record. Then you throw in the race factor and how some were pushing for a first Coach….he hasnt had a chance from the start.

48 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Exactly. Lost to Nederland without CT. And then ran the table until meeting eventual state champion. Which I believe we could've beaten if not for losing our all time leading rusher.

Correct, in the Nederland game last year CT had Covid that game and that game was shortened due to lightning. WO-S probably wins if the play all 4 quarters. Gales going out with the broken arm was a huge loss. Major Bowden was a stud for China Spring last season. 

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

I have said from word go Hickman was placed in a no win situation.  If WOS went udefeated this season, it would have been “ anyone could win with what has been built here”. We see whats happening with a poor record. Then you throw in the race factor and how some were pushing for a first Coach….he hasnt had a chance from the start.

I would love for you to understand when I make these comments, I actually like coach Hickman ( just speaking facts)

Frist:  Not really understanding you're "he was placed in a No Win situation"   Because it was well known years in advance he was the HC in waiting per The Supt.

Second: Most people might would say anyone could win with what WAS build here,  It's well noted that this is not what was built here , This is the superintendent and his Brick building....

Third:  He has had a chance hes been knowing he will be given this chance for a while   remember 16 returning stars

Js

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Spot on. Easy to see, even for an outsider

Yep people get caught up with race thing. But....if you know Orange, there's ALWAYS been a race thing. We just swallowed it and kept moving. I played at WOS and I don't feel sorry for them. When you start picking coaches and race is a factor, then you're actually not looking for the best...just a criteria. Sad end to an era. 

30 minutes ago, ST413 said:

What are you talking about LOL?? YES...YES...He should be dang near undefeated bringing 8 back on each side of the ball from a team that ran DEEP into the playoffs last year and lost to the state champ. And then this year you can't even line up right??? Yeah give the coach a chance LOL.

Going undefeated is the standard at WOS. That's the problem. People are saying it's ok to be down. Aw shucks attitude.

17 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Yep people get caught up with race thing. But....if you know Orange, there's ALWAYS been a race thing. We just swallowed it and kept moving. I played at WOS and I don't feel sorry for them. When you start picking coaches and race is a factor, then you're actually not looking for the best...just a criteria. Sad end to an era. 

Yep, buckle down and get after it. What we always do. Until one brings in too many that don't know the Mustang Way. They can bust a huey and go back to WB. A few people off the street could've equaled, or bettered this multiple Fronts D. And for a former DC turned HC to not realize it wasn't working... smh.

These are actually govt jobs. Which means they should be held accountable?

If I get banned, find me on Twitter posting videos with KT

45 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Cmon man.  This is change the rest of SETX can believe in!   Yes we can’t!  Yes we can’t!

I just looked thru that petition, I wish I didn't now, I recognize alot of the names. 🤦🏾‍♂️

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Somebody can correct me, but he wasn’t even a coordinator, much less a head coach. 

I think that the real problem is that he had to hire two new coordinators who brought in their own schemes on both sides of the ball and it hasn’t been successful. 

They’re the winningest (by percentage) team in TXHSFB and they only got 13 applicants for the job… because the fix was in, and at this point it looks like it backfired. 

Repeat… it’s not the coach’s fault. He’s just doing his best to do the job he was hired to do. 

Correct.

The current Head Coach was the d-line coach.  Not even a coordinator.   I would expect something like that at Splendora, or Crockett,  but not the most ballyhooed program of all time.

The deeper issue could be them running all the assistant coaches off too.   The guys that left had well over 100+ years of coaching experience.    And they replaced them with far inferior coaches.   Look at the track records they brought with them.

For the most part, the head coach instills the culture, structure, discipline, expectations….. all of that.    The assistants coach, game plan, develop, all those things.    Not saying the head coach don’t coach and make adjustments, but WOS is pitiful in all areas.

4-5 on the year with what most considered a good team coming back.    Their season is done.   They will finish 6-6 on the year.   Maybe 5-6.   The kids have quit the coaches it seems.

4 hours ago, One4All said:

I would love for you to understand when I make these comments, I actually like coach Hickman ( just speaking facts)

Frist:  Not really understanding you're "he was placed in a No Win situation"   Because it was well known years in advance he was the HC in waiting per The Supt.

Second: Most people might would say anyone could win with what WAS build here,  It's well noted that this is not what was built here , This is the superintendent and his Brick building....

Third:  He has had a chance hes been knowing he will be given this chance for a while   remember 16 returning stars

Js

Simple,  not talking about a win on the field. I am talking about Hickman himself. If things went right, it wouldnt have been anything he did, other than just allowing things to stay the same.  But if things didnt go right, its all on his shoulders….

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Simple,  not talking about a win on the field. I am talking about Hickman himself. If things went right, it wouldnt have been anything he did, other than just allowing things to stay the same.  But if things didnt go right, its all on his shoulders….

Not an easy position to slide into. Or is it?

I know I've seen 1st year coaches on the Friday night show that are continuing the traditions set by their predecessors.

I look at other successful programs such as Gilmer. What did they do when the man left? Next man up and played for a championship.

What about Jasper? They had an extensive application process and hired a former player from the system and community.

I think coach Crumedy even has an open meeting with parents and members of the community every week. They review film and go into detail for every play from the previous week. If it's not coach Crumedy please correct me. I don't know if this a new thing or something that has been done behind closed doors forever. I was truly amazed when I read about it.