West Orange-Stark (14) @ Jasper (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Pfft… that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Had no idea it went down like that I’m West Orange, just thought the old ball coach was retiring and moving on. What did he do but too many peoples feelings and make them work too hard?

There has been a vocal group for several years wanting to hire a person of color for the spot. It never really gained any traction until last year when a kid got kicked off of the team and the vocal group got a lot of outside help via the petition and a lot of social media attention. The super had already had his pick made clear before the job was posted, and the rest is History. 

It’s not a knock on the new coach or in any way based on his race. It just seemed like the super harnessed the race issue to hire a friend who just doesn’t seem to be in the same league as what was has had in the past.

But that’s just an outsider’s perspective.  

4 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Good luck the rest of the way Dirty..btw tickets were only 6,so I got some popcorn with the other 2 bucks 

good deal.  though hearing that is kinda upsetting. I have been season ticket holder for a while, this season we have total of 5 home games. I paid $40 a set for tickets back in summer.  🤨

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There has been a vocal group for several years wanting to hire a person of color for the spot. It never really gained any traction until last year when a kid got kicked off of the team and the vocal group got a lot of outside help via the petition and a lot of social media attention. The super had already had his pick made clear before the job was posted, and the rest is History. 

It’s not a knock on the new coach or in any way based on his race. It just seemed like the super harnessed the race issue to hire a friend who just doesn’t seem to be in the same league as what was has had in the past.

Ok was just reading some of the 1 year old comments on the petition. Kicked someone off the team and everybody got butthurt over it. Now they can lose but have a coach who is nice to all the players and wonder why they have no discipline. A coach who cares and no more chain gang defense, hell no defense at all sounds good to me.

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Funny that you think this was a cause and not the effect. No1 was leaving when he got hired, or during summer 2 a days. They left because they wanted better than the hand we were dealt. This is the same team that was predicted to compete with Carthage in Dallas. Wonder why after 1 loss to a bigger 5a team and instantly gone from the rankings. Never to be seen again. Tep knows what he saw. Sideline to sideline guys were there too. They actually picked WOS over Jasper. Smh

It was predicted by some folks last spring. Just goes to show who was really rooting for the kids and community vs the coach. And the stangs have played worse each week since the season started. That's what negative energy will get you 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I dont think WOS has the overall talent they have had in the past. Everyone has a few down years. Look at BC, Westbrook etc....

8 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

It was predicted by some folks last spring. Just goes to show who was really rooting for the kids and community vs the coach. And the stangs have played worse each week since the season started. That's what negative energy will get you 

Reading through the weekly comments on this board it sounds like the coach doesn’t know what he is doing. I don’t know the man but maybe he’s in over his head, is this his first head coaching job? It sounds like the players are confused by his schemes and playing lost out there. Maybe he has a horrible game plan or doesn’t know how to relay what he wants them to do on the field. Or worse, both.

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

On a plus note, WOS will forever more be used an exhibit in every debate from now on about which is more important… athletes or coaches. 

You might not be able to win the Kentucky derby with a mule, but about a dozen million dollar race horses lose the derby every year. 

They should have had enough sense to put an experienced guy in there. You can’t have your players confused running around like they don’t know what to do. WOS always had their stuff together on the field, a well oiled machine.

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Reading through the weekly comments on this board it sounds like the coach doesn’t know what he is doing. I don’t know the man but maybe he’s in over his head, is this his first head coaching job? It sounds like the players are confused by his schemes and playing lost out there. Maybe he has a horrible game plan of doesn’t know how to relay what he wants them to do on the field. Or worse, both.

Maybe the kids just aren't buying in? Maybe there's a respect issue because of all the negative energy surrounding this coach since he was hired? I don't know but there's usually more to it than what meets the eye 

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

Maybe the kids just aren't buying in? Maybe there's a respect issue because of all the negative energy surrounding this coach since he was hired? I don't know but there's usually more to it then what meets the eye 

Kids are playing their @$$ off,too many changes too quick is the biggest reason we’re not competing 

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

Maybe the kids just aren't buying in? Maybe there's a respect issue because of all the negative energy surrounding this coach since he was hired? I don't know but there's usually more to it then what meets the eye 

Negative energy I'm not buying it

C.T  Had negative energy every year and never was like this.  Almost never missed a beat with negative energy  Smh

12 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Reading through the weekly comments on this board it sounds like the coach doesn’t know what he is doing. I don’t know the man but maybe he’s in over his head, is this his first head coaching job? It sounds like the players are confused by his schemes and playing lost out there. Maybe he has a horrible game plan or doesn’t know how to relay what he wants them to do on the field. Or worse, both.

Somebody can correct me, but he wasn’t even a coordinator, much less a head coach. 

I think that the real problem is that he had to hire two new coordinators who brought in their own schemes on both sides of the ball and it hasn’t been successful. 

They’re the winningest (by percentage) team in TXHSFB and they only got 13 applicants for the job… because the fix was in, and at this point it looks like it backfired. 

Repeat… it’s not the coach’s fault. He’s just doing his best to do the job he was hired to do. 

33 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I knew it… they be cruitin, poaching talent from the Stangs.

If the "they" you are referring to in this statement is the coaches of an opposing team, you may need to brush up on the consequences that can occur if the UIL discovers that recruiting is going on. Coaches have received multi-year and lifetime suspensions, losing their career along with consequences for the school as a whole. 

33 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

There was talks of2 going but that kid was off injured a few weeks 

My source says that is incorrect. He was bout to pull his kid when DPG stepped up and talked them out of it. Hick had nothing to do with it. But was he really injured? I hear not. That could be a major problem if a coach is lying to save face. How much could a fake injury hurt a kid looking for a scholarship? After all, that's why we do all this. Not for bragging rights over LCM.

32 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Spot on. Easy to see, even for an outsider