Newton vs Kountze

EAGLEFOREVER

Newton vs Kountze  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I guess 4A is a JV class compared to 6A by your definition but I do not see it that way. We are proud of our trophies just as WO-S and Carthage are proud of theirs.                         
Trophies are not given they are earned. I do not think the one state trophy BC has when they beat McKinney is a JV trophy. It was earned and this PN-G boy was their supporting them.          
Woops, telling my age again.

4 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I guess 4A is a JV class compared to 6A by your definition but I do not see it that way. We are proud of our trophies just as WO-S and Carthage are proud of theirs.                         
Trophies are not given they are earned. I do not think the one state trophy BC has when they beat McKinney is a JV trophy. It was earned and this PN-G boy was their supporting them.          
Woops, telling my age again.

His delirious opinions are comical. He doesn't really believe all that he's saying. He's just bored and stirring the pot. He really does not like the fact that a little team with less than 300 kids in the school can consistently beat up on ALL the local 4A teams that have 600 - 700 kids. There are definitely years that Newton gets beat by these local 4A teams, but it is not often and that leaves a sour taste in his mouth. He just wishes that BC, "a baseball school", could actually compete with the good teams in 4A. It has been a while. 

38 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

His delirious opinions are comical. He doesn't really believe all that he's saying. He's just bored and stirring the pot. He really does not like the fact that a little team with less than 300 kids in the school can consistently beat up on ALL the local 4A teams that have 600 - 700 kids. There are definitely years that Newton gets beat by these local 4A teams, but it is not often and that leaves a sour taste in his mouth. He just wishes that BC, "a baseball school", could actually compete with the good teams in 4A. It has been a while. 

You didn't have to make it personal, bro!

20 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m just stating the obvious. If Newton wants to crow about beating bigger schools, they have to admit that they wouldn’t have any hardware if they actually had to face bigger schools once district started. They literally have a couple of scrimmages, some decent competition in non-district, then about ten more scrimmages until they get to about the third round. Then they beat three or four teams nobody has ever even heard of and celebrate like they won a true state championship. 

Forgive my trolling, please, sir. I don’t have anything else to talk about this year.  

You are truly a keyboard warrior and have problems with smaller schools. I bet you are a liberal from California with a computer and hopeto show everyone how smart you are.. ( It aint working, be silent and I might give you credit for some knowledge or keep posting and prove you have lack of substance and very little knowledge). I have told you before that I think you have a Alligator mouth and a mockingbird or Cardinal rear-end. I do hope you grow up are quit stirring the pot as I know people (you) do. I remember a few people that got off to that stuff and those same people hid under the tables when the crap hit the fan Mr. keyboard warrior. Please don't be a pecker-less Cardinal and leave Newton alone.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:11 AM, CardinalBacker said:

You didn't have to make it personal, bro!

You have been on this classification issue for several years. It's old, its tired, and it's run its course.  

I guess every class below 6A DI is useless, because a larger school/town could say that to any level below. 

FWIW, the bleachers statement was truly hilarious....especially since the Newton folks have been inside AT&T a few times.  Quite sure large bleachers aren't a concern. 

One more for you. Newton has handled East Chambers quite convincingly over the years while EC was consistently defeating Orangefield.  So, your Orangefield vs. Newton does really hold water.  If your going to try to be cute at least be accurate.  Just a thought.  

On 10/17/2022 at 2:29 PM, CardinalBacker said:

That's why nobody cares about their State Championships.... They face teams that no one has ever even heard of.  

I get it, it's their classification and they can't help it, but it definitely takes some of the shine off of their trophies.  It's practically a JV championship.  

Haha 3a d2 been voted most competitive division in Texas like 3 years running , get out of bridge city sometime .. that area in its on little world 

On 10/18/2022 at 3:54 PM, jimmyw said:

You are truly a keyboard warrior and have problems with smaller schools. I bet you are a liberal from California with a computer and hopeto show everyone how smart you are.. ( It aint working, be silent and I might give you credit for some knowledge or keep posting and prove you have lack of substance and very little knowledge). I have told you before that I think you have a Alligator mouth and a mockingbird or Cardinal rear-end. I do hope you grow up are quit stirring the pot as I know people (you) do. I remember a few people that got off to that stuff and those same people hid under the tables when the crap hit the fan Mr. keyboard warrior. Please don't be a pecker-less Cardinal and leave Newton alone.

I personally am about as opposite from a liberal from California can be.  However... I agree with some of the things that you're responding to here.  It's a fact that Newton was decades removed from a state title until UIl split districts into divisions.  That's just a fact.  Newton was bowing out to Cameron Yoe about every year until then.  The same thing is true about WOS.  They couldn't get out of the region until the split.  Carthage was stopping them.. or Navasota.

Back to Newton.  Don't pretend there's any competition for them until fairly deep into the playoffs.  That said.. nobody at Newton can help what UIL does and they should definitely be commended for any success.  The same is true with anyone.

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I personally am about as opposite from a liberal from California can be.  However... I agree with some of the things that you're responding to here.  It's a fact that Newton was decades removed from a state title until UIl split districts into divisions.  That's just a fact.  Newton was bowing out to Cameron Yoe about every year until then.  The same thing is true about WOS.  They couldn't get out of the region until the split.  Carthage was stopping them.. or Navasota.

Back to Newton.  Don't pretend there's any competition for them until fairly deep into the playoffs.  That said.. nobody at Newton can help what UIL does and they should definitely be commended for any success.  The same is true with anyone.

You're not wrong.... but they COULD opt up and face the same level of competition that the rest of the bigger schools face.  I'm not going to pretend that a 4AD2 title means the same thing as a 6A championship.

I've always said that there's no upside for a big school to play Newton.  It's like picking a fight at a gay bar.  If you win you can't brag about it, but you'd better not lose.  

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You're not wrong.... but they COULD opt up and face the same level of competition that the rest of the bigger schools face.  I'm not going to pretend that a 4AD2 title means the same thing as a 6A championship.

I've always said that there's no upside for a big school to play Newton.  It's like picking a fight at a gay bar.  If you win you can't brag about it, but you'd better not lose.  

I would not know, I don’t go to gay bars. 

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here's the way I look at it.. they don't split the divisions for any other sport.  The schools at the bottom of 3ADII are competing for the same championship as the schools at the top of 3ADI.  That's basketball, baseball, softball, golf, tennis, track, etc.. In my opinion, they should either split the districts for everybody or split them for nobody.  That's just my opinion.  

I understand that enrollment can provide advantage but that's true even if in the exact same classification.  There are other things that provide advantage also...  Location, industry, # of kids in athletics, average household income, and others. 

Just adding a thought here, depth generally matters more in football than any of the other sports in the smaller classes. The smallest school in a class with just one really dominate big man in basketball or one dominate pitcher can compete with anyone. In football one stud alone sure helps but you still need a O-line, a defense, etc. Of course there are occasional exceptions but I speak generally.   

I also believe if they did split every single sport up, people would complain its just too much and cry about wanting a single champ back in every thing but football. I disagree with some things the UIL does but I realize they can never please everyone. I think its best to leave it as it is. They got this right.