West Orange-Stark (21) @ Hamshire-Fannett (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

8 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

No vested interest in the game.

Watched the game online. As AAW said game was lost on sidelines. Took too long to get the play's in. Players were constantly checking their wristbands sometimes two and three times before the ball was even snapped. There was just no continuity to the offense. Just looked totally confused. 

I’m pretty sure It’s been going on this season 

3 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

And the superintendent on the side line trying to coach the kids and looked like he was chewing out one of the asst coach.  Class act for a superintendent.  

I never have a problem with a school supt. being down on the track/field. But he/she should never be on the sidelines within those white lines and should never be talking with coaches/players.

Here's an interesting scenario.

Let's say Silsbee wins out and is district champs. WO-S beats Jasper by the score of 26-21. That would put HF, Jasper and WO-S at 4-2 with a positive point total of 0. (assuming Liberty, BC and HJ doesn't upset one of these three teams)

Curious how that three way tie will be broken.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's say Silsbee wins out and is district champs. WO-S beats Jasper by the score of 26-21. That would put HF, Jasper and WO-S at 4-2 with a positive point total of 0. (assuming Liberty, BC and HJ doesn't upset one of these three teams)

That is pretty interesting.  Never would’ve thought multiple 26-21 score lines could bring about that possible scenario.  Would assume at the point it’s probably a coin flip, especially if there’s nothing else in place beyond that tiebreaker

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That is pretty interesting.  Never would’ve thought multiple 26-21 score lines could bring about that possible scenario.  Would assume at the point it’s probably a coin flip?  

Would have to be coin flip.

I can see all three flipping to not be #4 seed but after that could just agree to be #3 seed. 2 and 3 are in the same side of bracket.

Isn't WO-S the smallest team in its district? The school isn't growing. Maybe dropping down to 3A would help.

WO-S is everyone's super bowl. That they had a tremendous run of success in district before this year is a testament to the excellence of the program. Down years happen. And Silsbee and H-F are very good teams. The most important thing is making the playoffs. I feel bad for the first place winner in the cross district.

5 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Isn't WO-S the smallest team in its district? The school isn't growing. Maybe dropping down to 3A would help.

WO-S is everyone's super bowl. That they had a tremendous run of success in district before this year is a testament to the excellence of the program. Down years happen. And Silsbee and H-F are very good teams. The most important thing is making the playoffs. I feel bad for the first place winner in the cross district.

WO-S is the 6th largest of the 7. Enrollment is 635. H-F is 607.

WO-S is still 100 over the 3A enrollment cut off.

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'm thinking it will be a mail in ballot for which fan base is the most unhappy with their coaching staff. WO-S advances in a landslide.

3 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:

And the superintendent on the side line trying to coach the kids and looked like he was chewing out one of the asst coach.  Class act for a superintendent.  

No way…. You serious?   That’s ridiculous.

I’ve seen administration on the track around the field before, but have never seen a superintendent, or principal, interact with the coaches or players.

Unless you want to consider “Principal” Hickman the last few years assuming coaching duties. 

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

That is pretty interesting.  Never would’ve thought multiple 26-21 score lines could bring about that possible scenario.  Would assume at the point it’s probably a coin flip, especially if there’s nothing else in place beyond that tiebreaker

I believe each district sets its own tiebreakers. I thought but could certainly be wrong, that the UIL stays out of that.  It could be a coin flip or total yardage, etc.

7 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

West orange never has a down year like this. I may be wrong , but we’d have to go back 30-40 years to find a west orange team losing like this. When they lost to png I thought, “ok, png might just be better than we thought and are finally playing defense.” When they lost to Silsbee I thought, “well of course - Silsbee has one of the best players in the state and is probably going to go at least five rounds this year.” Then they kept losing. And they keep losing on absolutely terrible offensive production and non-existent defense. This kind of self-destruction is unheard of for west orange. It may amount to just a down year, but that it’s happening at all is weird. A down year for west orange used to mean district champs and a second or third round exit. Now it means losing to Hampshire Fannet ? This season is a historic dip for that program 

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Would have to be coin flip.

I can see all three flipping to not be #4 seed but after that could just agree to be #3 seed. 2 and 3 are in the same side of bracket.

Most have coin flip, but some have coin flip to eliminate 1 team and then look at head to head for remaining two. 

i am sure there are other districts with even more inventive rules for that scenario. 

8 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:

Looks like the sky is falling again in WOS. Not good, an Not Cool at all.