National Coaches Day- Thursday Oct 6

vhs

THANK YOU to all the Coaches out there who help raise our kids everyday. We appreciate all you do daily and nightly and know that we could not do it without you! You teach morals, values and ethics to our children that society today is lacking. You take the time to be with our children and teach them right from wrong. You pour your soul into your work and we want to take the time today to say...THANK YOU!!

51 minutes ago, vhs said:

They could make more money in countless industries, 

To be fair they could also make LESS in countless other industries too. A six figure salary is not unheard of. Even a high 5 figure salary is very very good. Teachers as a whole made a lot less 15-20 years ago but compensation has since rose significantly. I certainly respect most coaches but I don't revere any of them. They are just people too, just like in other professions. If someone chooses to be a coach they need to understand a bit of the spotlight comes with the job. Its not for the thin skinned. 

(No, this is not coach bashing. Its just a discussion.)  

22 minutes ago, RVTrash said:

THANK YOU to all the Coaches out there who help raise our kids everyday. We appreciate all you do daily and nightly and know that we could not do it without you! You teach morals, values and ethics to our children

Seriously? We can't raise our kids without coaches? Seriously? Morals, values and ethics need to come from the home! Coaches certainly should be a good role model and all but no way is "raising our kids" dependent on them. God gave kids parents!  

27 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

To be fair they could also make LESS in countless other industries too. A six figure salary is not unheard of. Even a high 5 figure salary is very very good. Teachers as a whole made a lot less 15-20 years ago but compensation has since rose significantly. I certainly respect most coaches but I don't revere any of them. They are just people too, just like in other professions. If someone chooses to be a coach they need to understand a bit of the spotlight comes with the job. Its not for the thin skinned. 

Wowwwww… so this topic flew right over your head.  You do realize that nearly all coaches make far less than six figures.  For every head coach who makes $100k there are a dozen assistants who make teacher pay with a stipend.  This is football thread but the day is in honor of all coaches across all sports.  Hate that you found away to take what was meant to be a positive post for coaches and spun it to the negative about coaches… congratulations 

21 minutes ago, vhs said:

Wowwwww… so this topic flew right over your head.  You do realize that nearly all coaches make far less than six figures.  For every head coach who makes $100k there are a dozen assistants who make teacher pay with a stipend.  This is football thread but the day is in honor of all coaches across all sports.  Hate that you found away to take what was meant to be a positive post for coaches and spun it to the negative about coaches… congratulations 

You just have to understand that there are people who always look for the missed spot on a freshly painted door.

No one is stating anyone should revere a coach, but nothing wrong with giving them a day of praise.

National Coaches Day is not just for high school football coaches.

58 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Seriously? We can't raise our kids without coaches? Seriously? Morals, values and ethics need to come from the home! Coaches certainly should be a good role model and all but no way is "raising our kids" dependent on them. God gave kids parents!  

Definitely should be that way. But a lot of parents these days suck.  For a lot of kids, school is the only place they are taught any sort of discipline. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

As usual, you missed the whole point.

Thanks for trying vhs, some people just have a negative bias on everything.

4 hours ago, vhs said:

You do realize that nearly all coaches make far less than six figures.  For every head coach who makes $100k there are a dozen assistants who make teacher pay with a stipend. 

Yes. Re-read and comprehend:

A six figure salary is not unheard of.

"not unheard of" is an accurate statement, and in NO WAY infers most make that. Coaching salaries and teaching salaries have definitely been trending UP. Why? Teaching shortages today demand higher compensation. I went to lengths to say teachers salaries have rose significantly. None of that is "negative" its accurate and part of an open discussion. Its actually positive.   

Sorry everyone "found something negative" in my words. I didn't mean to hurt everyone's DELICATE feelings.   

Nobody "found something negative" in your words.  Your entire posts were made with a tone of negativity, discounting the points that both posters ahead of you made in their effort to praise coaches.  If that's your belief, then whatever, but quit acting like people are finding stuff in your post that isn't there.  

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

When people state here "they could not raise their kids without coaches" that's reverence.  

You are just looking for a spot of missed paint on my door.  

In reference to your posts in this thread (and in other threads), your whole door needs another coat.

I get it. You're a "glass half empty" guy and just has the need to rain on parades. Worlds full of them.

Point is, it's an appreciation thread. Nothing to really hash out here.

23 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Man. This is a pathetic comment.

If I hand my kids over to a coaching staff for many many hours a year, during one of the most formidable periods of their lives, they are indeed helping raise my children. I institute morals and standards at home, but the influence of coaches (and teachers for that matter) play a huge role in children's development. It's not easy to understand what was being said unless you are looking for error, which clearly you are.