Stray, Unwanted Animals

Hagar

Lucky us.  Appears someone dumped off two dogs they didn’t want anymore.  Bet they were beautiful at one time.  Both of them looking a little malnourished now and one has a sore in/on his eye.  Why pick here?  Oh, it’s out in the country so that’s a good place, right?  Wrong.  There’s no animal control in the county.  Had you dumped them in the city, where they have animal control they’d end up in a shelter with the possibility of adoption.  Be fed and a safe place to sleep until adopted or euthanasia (which has to be better than starvation).  How anyone could just dump off animals like that is beyond me.  What happened in your life to make you so cold hearted?  It’s upset our family.  We’re unable to keep them, but if we’d had them from the start we’d kept them.  Have a stray cat now we ended up with.  Took her to vet for shots & to be spayed.  Can’t afford anymore.

Do me a favor stranger.  Next time you want to dump off some dogs, take them to an animal shelter.  Don’t just dump them somewhere for someone else’s problem.  Good grief.

6 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lucky us.  Appears someone dumped off two dogs they didn’t want anymore.  Bet they were beautiful at one time.  Both of them looking a little malnourished now and one has a sore in/on his eye.  Why pick here?  Oh, it’s out in the country so that’s a good place, right?  Wrong.  There’s no animal control in the county.  Had you dumped them in the city, where they have animal control they’d end up in a shelter with the possibility of adoption.  Be fed and a safe place to sleep until adopted or euthanasia (which has to be better than starvation).  How anyone could just dump off animals like that is beyond me.  What happened in your life to make you so cold hearted?  It’s upset our family.  We’re unable to keep them, but if we’d had them from the start we’d kept them.  Have a stray cat now we ended up with.  Took her to vet for shots & to be spayed.  Can’t afford anymore.

Do me a favor stranger.  Next time you want to dump off some dogs, take them to an animal shelter.  Don’t just dump them somewhere for someone else’s problem.  Good grief.

Dogs dumped in the country become coyote food, so do cats……possibly wild hog food. They won’t survive anyway. Takes a sorry individual to dump an animal on a country road. I have stopped and fed/watered several dogs. Some will come right to you, others keep their distance. Can’t take them home as I already have four dogs of my own. Sad.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Dogs dumped in the country become coyote food, so do cats……possibly wild hog food. They won’t survive anyway. Takes a sorry individual to dump an animal on a country road. I have stopped and fed/watered several dogs. Some will come right to you, others keep their distance. Can’t take them home as I already have four dogs of my own. Sad.

It is sad, and heartless.  Folks that do stuff like that just aren’t wired right.

I have a 15 year old Dachshund who needs putting down. I can’t do it. He has sat beside me in my chair forever. He would be sorely missed. I know he will die soon anyway, but to make that trip to the vet holding him in my lap is a difficult image to digest.

Maybe I should dump him on the road and let the coyotes have him……NOT!!!!!

59 minutes ago, baddog said:

I have a 15 year old Dachshund who needs putting down. I can’t do it. He has sat beside me in my chair forever. He would be sorely missed. I know he will die soon anyway, but to make that trip to the vet holding him in my lap is a difficult image to digest.

Maybe I should dump him on the road and let the coyotes have him……NOT!!!!!

One of the toughest parts of being a pet owner is knowing when it's time to let them go.  It's a hard thing to do.  We want to keep them around for our own selfish needs, but sometimes it's best to end their pain.  

Just now, 5GallonBucket said:

Stupid phone….

im not re type what I typed 

living on a deer lease dirt road I get strays all the times…..and usually make the greatest pets.

@baddog

you would be surprised.  We ve had packs of wild dogs survive out here….in years past

right now there’s a once domesticated cat now wild cat that’s been surviving out here for several years now catch it on my camera s from time to time with mice or a bird in its mouth.

1 minute ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Stupid phone….

im not re type what I typed 

living on a deer lease dirt road I get strays all the times…..and usually make the greatest pets.

@baddog

you would be surprised.  We ve had packs of wild dogs survive out here….in years past

right now there’s a once domesticated cat now wild cat that’s been surviving out here for several years now catch it on my camera s from time to time with mice or a bird in its mouth.

Was gonna make an exception for a dog once. Saw him on the way to work and thought if he was there when I came home, I would pick him up. He was gone. He was a “good” dog and someone beat me to him. I see cats out here and then I see none. I assume the worst. Of course I could be wrong. Had one of my Dachshunds eaten by a hog. Found him out in the field that afternoon. Buzzards tipped me of as to his whereabouts. Seen plenty of coyotes, even one on my “Ring” @ 7:00 p.m. while it was still daylight. 3:00 p.m. in my backyard laying in the shade of a tree like a day at the beach.

Glad to hear there is a chance for survival.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Was gonna make an exception for a dog once. Saw him on the way to work and thought if he was there when I came home, I would pick him up. He was gone. He was a “good” dog and someone beat me to him. I see cats out here and then I see none. I assume the worst. Of course I could be wrong. Had one of my Dachshunds eaten by a hog. Found him out in the field that afternoon. Buzzards tipped me of as to his whereabouts. Seen plenty of coyotes, even one on my “Ring” @ 7:00 p.m. while it was still daylight. 3:00 p.m. in my backyard laying in the shade of a tree like a day at the beach.

Glad to hear there is a chance for survival.

Now I will say those pack of wild dogs usually get dealt with by deer lease hunters