#7 Lumberton

4A DII

#5 Silsbee

3A DII

#3 Newton

2A DI

#1 Timpson

#10 Centerville

lol. no love for Jasper after beating the #9 4A DII team.

HF found their way into the spotlight ( and I was one of the first to give them props) after playing a relatively weak schedule to that point.

in all honesty I think we are headed in that direction(top ten) but in reality not one as of now. It just tickles me seeing some of the "ranked" teams this year and the roads that got them there.

35 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lol. no love for Jasper after beating the #8 4A DII team.

HF found their way into the spotlight ( and I was one of the first to give them props) after playing a relatively weak schedule to that point.

in all honesty I think we are headed in that direction(top ten) but in reality not one as of now. It just tickles me seeing some of the "ranked" teams this year and the roads that got them there.

What you trying to say about my Brahmas 😂

L-town still way over ranked.  I said that a few weeks ago, and that dominant 6-point win over a 3A team with a .500 record did not change my opinion.  They have played a weak schedule, with a bad loss to the only team they'll face all year that will end the season with a quality record. Being in a so/so district will work out to their advantage, rankings-wise at least.   Before a certain fan or two come on to defend their honor, I've also previously stated that I think Lumberton has a good team this year, one of the better teams in our coverage area. I just have no idea how DCTF has arrived to the conclusion that they're a top-10 team in 4A-D1.  

17 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

L-town still way over ranked.  I said that a few weeks ago, and that dominant 6-point win over a 3A team with a .500 record did not change my opinion.  They have played a weak schedule, with a bad loss to the only team they'll face all year that will end the season with a quality record. Being in a so/so district will work out to their advantage, rankings-wise at least.   Before a certain fan or two come on to defend their honor, I've also previously stated that I think Lumberton has a good team this year, one of the better teams in our coverage area. I just have no idea how DCTF has arrived to the conclusion that they're a top-10 team in 4A-D1.  

I agree

41 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

So essentially any ranking Lumberton gets until the playoffs we'll be considered way over ranked I guess....

51 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

.400 team. 

24 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

So essentially any ranking Lumberton gets until the playoffs we'll be considered way over ranked I guess....

As the #7 team in the state, Lumberton should blow out every team in their district.  A top 10 team should have no problem beating Vidor and Huffman by 28+ points.  I can assure you the other teams in the top-10 would not struggle to do so.  They should also be able to beat LCM by 2+ scores.  That's just the reality of things.  The other teams in the top-10 in 4A-D1 would beat Tatum by 30 points.  That's also the reality of things.  If Lumberton goes through the district and finishes 9-1 with blowout wins over Vidor and HH, and a convincing win over LCM, I'll agree that they're deserving of their ranking.  In 5 games Lumberton has played 2 teams that are awful, 2 teams that are pretty solid, and 1 team that is actually good.  The one good team they played beat them by three scores, and they beat the two decent teams by one score each.  One of those pretty good teams is 4A-D2, and will finish the year at 6-4, best case.  The other is 3A-D1 and will finish the year 6-4 best case as well.  1-score wins against pretty good teams in lower divisions don't scream out "Top Ten Ranking" to me. So all that said, my point is not that Lumberton is a bad team, it's that they're not deserving of their ranking, and really haven't done anything this year for me to understand how they've gotten it.  In our local 4A-D2 district they'd be in a tight race for 4th place.  

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I remember Jasper being ranked # 1 and getting beat by Lincoln.

If my memory serves me right, Jasper has been ranked # 1 once or twice or many times.🤔

I'm sure at least once in the 80's. Y'all had some teams back then.