Buna vs EC

Hawks18

57 minutes ago, hoops784 said:

A few weeks ago I would've said EC wins big. Now I'm not so sure.  Coach Terrier has the Cougars back on track. I'm thinking it could be a battle 

Curious what you mean as back on track… They beat a bad Kountze team, lost to Orangefield who may end up winning district, and beat a not good Kirbyville team. I feel like the games Buna has lost this year they were supposed to lose , with the exception of the Bridge City game. It’s not like they were blown out in any game either. I guess I just wanna know what the expectations were coming into the year and what back on track means.

2 minutes ago, catfever said:

Who has EC beat that was a stout competitor?  Kelly, Kirbyville, Liberty, or HJ?  Buna is big up front which could give EC o-line some problems.

Of those teams no one really… I mean Liberty did play Woodville close. Probably the only gains from those teams is playing Liberty and HJ just because they are bigger schools. Now they did play a good Hamshire Fannett team but lost.

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Curious what you mean as back on track… They beat a bad Kountze team, lost to Orangefield who may end up winning district, and beat a not good Kirbyville team. I feel like the games Buna has lost this year they were supposed to lose , with the exception of the Bridge City game. It’s not like they were blown out in any game either. I guess I just wanna know what the expectations were coming into the year and what back on track means.

Lol I haven’t really looked into it that deep man. I guess I mean they seem to be getting back to the Buna I remember before Kinne. I just see the scores and read a little about em on here. I just know that when the year started, it looked like they were gonna be 2-8 again, maybe not even in the playoffs. Now, I think they’re gonna be a little better than that. Will know a little more after Friday. 

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

The Kirbyville win was a good win in my opinion. They didn't do too bad against Orangefield either. Looks like they may have elevated their play a little to me 

3 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

And I’m not saying that Buna doesn’t have a chance to win or anything. This isn’t your typical EC team. They are down from normal 

What makes them down from normal?  I thought I read where they returned 7 and 6 starters, with a 4 yr starting QB to lead the charge.  I have heard dozens of people tell me they are down from normal.  I don't find that in what they return and I sure don't find it in their win/loss column.

3 hours ago, JimAdler said:

What makes them down from normal?  I thought I read where they returned 7 and 6 starters, with a 4 yr starting QB to lead the charge.  I have heard dozens of people tell me they are down from normal.  I don't find that in what they return and I sure don't find it in their win/loss column.

Maybe just their overall talent is down. It doesn’t show because other than the game they lost they haven’t played much competition. 

4 hours ago, hoops784 said:

Lol I haven’t really looked into it that deep man. I guess I mean they seem to be getting back to the Buna I remember before Kinne. I just see the scores and read a little about em on here. I just know that when the year started, it looked like they were gonna be 2-8 again, maybe not even in the playoffs. Now, I think they’re gonna be a little better than that. Will know a little more after Friday. 

Thanks I really was genuinely curious lol 

I've seen every Buna game this season. The Orangefield game (28-14 OF win), was really closer than the final score. Buna had tied the game at 21 mid-way through the 4th, but the score was called back because the Cougars didn't execute the trick play correctly. (Illegal forward pass was correctly called) Then on the next possession, OF busts a big run to seal the deal. I guess my point is if Buna can be as discipline as they were last week against Kirbyville, I think they could and maybe should win the game against EC.

20 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Having played for the Cougars and been a die hard Cougar fan my entire life. Expectations were good for Buna we returned several starters and were solid with both offensive and defensive lines. I felt we were good enough with our talent for 2nd or 3rd in district.   The brand of football that Buna put out last year and the beginning of this year was not Buna football under Kinne. Undisciplined, lack of emotion, reckless, and completely out of sorts. Terrier is starting to get this team back to what Buna does playing with passion and emotion, disciplined, playing with controlled aggression. Coach T will go to war with these boys he bleeds for the blue and they will follow him into any battle and not quit. We lost our 1st 3 games by a combined 11 points. The Bridge City game and Crockett game came down to last plays deep in their territory for the outcome. Kinne took a 5 yard delay of gain against Crockett when we could have kicked the extra point to tie. He decided to run the ball up the middle for a two point conversion that failed. Orangefield had two big plays that hurt us that Dischler boy is a fantastic back and hurt us on two big long touchdown runs. That game was close through out. I'm not saying we beat EC but can guarantee the brand of football that is being produced now under Terrier is different. The team is rebounding from adversity and playing with heart on the field. If we continue to run hard with Jacob Johnson and mix the pass off play action as the last couple games it should be a great game come Friday night. As always go Cougars