LCM at Vidor

BattlinBear02

2 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

This should be a fun thread, bleacher coaches are out early 😁

At my suggestion Coach Matthews putting in triple reverse halfback option pass - from punt formation.  Plus the Statue of Liberty, Swinging Gate and Hook & Ladder.  Not to mention the trick plays.

32 minutes ago, Hagar said:

At my suggestion Coach Matthews putting in triple reverse halfback option pass - from punt formation.  Plus the Statue of Liberty, Swinging Gate and Hook & Ladder.  Not to mention the trick plays.

Do you remember when Dubois used to run the swinging gate as offensive plays ? He had some genius plays in that formation. During the Lightning / Thunder game @ the Babe against Central he used the swinging gate for an entire offensive drive and it was a thing of beauty !

Before offering my 2 cent idea/solution, I want to see how the rest of Vidors season unfolds.  I want to see if the emotion is there (on the field and sideline), do the players seem engaged for 4 qtrs., are plays called differently, is defense rallying when put in a tough predicament, can the offense keep turnovers, penalties to a minimum, can in-game adjustments be made by the coaching staff, etc.