Newton vs Hemphill

EAGLEFOREVER

Newton vs Hemphill  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 hour ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Newton travels to Hemphill, they say it’s the year of the Hornet, l think it’s still the year of the Eagle. What say ye.

Probably still year of the Eagle. I don’t think we’ve ever beat Newton. Our offense should keep it exciting to watch, but I don’t think are defense will be able to slow Newton down enough for a victory. Regardless this should be a good game for Hemphill to let ‘em know we’re there at going into the playoffs this year. 

About 13-14 years ago or so,  Shelbyville had a good team.   They were undefeated in non-district and really felt good about their team heading into district.

The problem was, they were 3A at the time, and in a district with Newton, and a Jack Alvarez led Kirbyville team.

They were 5-0 and opened district against Kirbyville.   They got beat 61-7.    This game will be somewhat the same. 

This game is pretty much predetermined.  I don't think it will be an easy game for either but Newton should win handily.  What excites me is the fact that this district has been looked down on by our neighbors to the north year after year with Newton being the only team that they took seriously.  This year may be different with Newton, Hemphill, and New Waverly.  We all could go past the first round with Newton having a chance to win it all!!!!!!   

2 hours ago, UncleSi said:

This game is pretty much predetermined.  I don't think it will be an easy game for either but Newton should win handily.  What excites me is the fact that this district has been looked down on by our neighbors to the north year after year with Newton being the only team that they took seriously.  This year may be different with Newton, Hemphill, and New Waverly.  We all could go past the first round with Newton having a chance to win it all!!!!!!   

Well said Si!

On 10/1/2022 at 5:32 PM, H-STING said:

Probably still year of the Eagle. I don’t think we’ve ever beat Newton. Our offense should keep it exciting to watch, but I don’t think are defense will be able to slow Newton down enough for a victory. Regardless this should be a good game for Hemphill to let ‘em know we’re there at going into the playoffs this year. 

nah, not this week.