Is it time for 1 High school in Beaumont?

HtxFBGuru

22 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Out adm was shrinking so it didn't make sense for 3 schools.  Truth be told, they wanted to close Austin in the early 90's.  A classmate of mine kept Austin open while he was on the school board.  PAM had 2800 and some change the 1st year so apples and oranges.  This is a silly topic 

Truth! 

By the numbers, we still won't be able to compete in this district... Not in football anyway. Basketball might be our only shot... But then there's Atascocita and schools like Duncanville you still have to go through. So... That's not guaranteed. Baseball... Nope! Soccer Nope! Everything else... Nope-Nope!! Unless there's the perfect storm... and you happen to have the right talent on the team at the right time... It's just not gonna happen. Atascocita still ran the score up in the 2nd half against Westbrook using their bench. Their bench!!! The schools outside of the Golden Triangle have ungodly numbers... They're steadily growing out there. They have the budgets and the resources to build new schools... And they still can't keep up. People aren't necessarily breaking their necks to move here. The coaches are able to hand pick 2 or more superstars for each position in Humble. The average athlete doesn't make the team.  We don't have that kind of turn out. One school's gonna give us more troubles than we already have. Perhaps we should try putting academics at the top instead of football. That seems to be our biggest problem. 

12 minutes ago, bmtbulldog said:

By the numbers, we still won't be able to compete in this district... Not in football anyway. Basketball might be our only shot... But then there's Atascocita and schools like Duncanville you still have to go through. So... That's not guaranteed. Baseball... Nope! Soccer Nope! Everything else... Nope-Nope!! Unless there's the perfect storm... and you happen to have the right talent on the team at the right time... It's just not gonna happen. Atascocita still ran the score up in the 2nd half against Westbrook using their bench. Their bench!!! The schools outside of the Golden Triangle have ungodly numbers... They're steadily growing out there. They have the budgets and the resources to build new schools... And they still can't keep up. People aren't necessarily breaking their necks to move here. The coaches are able to hand pick 2 or more superstars for each position in Humble. The average athlete doesn't make the team.  We don't have that kind of turn out. One school's gonna give us more troubles than we already have. Perhaps we should try putting academics at the top instead of football. That seems to be our biggest problem. 

BISD has a whole Early College HS for the academic piece that doesn't participate in sports so there's that.  It pulls from both United and WB.  Like I've said in earlier post on the subject, a more stable feeder system to each HS and some stability in coaching hires would improve the product on the field.  United is on it's 3rd HC since forming in'17.......

Since there's no to little growth this side of the Trinity River, I suspect the 6A/5A cutoff number will increase with more schools coming online and WB and United will eventually fall to 5A D1.  See Longview and Lufkin as examples

12 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

BISD has a whole Early College HS for the academic piece that doesn't participate in sports so there's that.  It pulls from both United and WB.  Like I've said in earlier post on the subject, a more stable feeder system to each HS and some stability in coaching hires would improve the product on the field.  United is on it's 3rd HC since forming in'17.......

Since there's no to little growth this side of the Trinity River, I suspect the 6A/5A cutoff number will increase with more schools coming online and WB and United will eventually fall to 5A D1.  See Longview and Lufkin as examples

The Early College still counts  toward their ADM correct?

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

But I still repeat, the west end folks aren’t sending their kids across town to ozen, and where do you place the high school that doesn’t have half the district traveling all the way across town to go to school? 

You realize that’s where West End kids went 6-8 grades or 4-5 grade and again in 9 th grade after original merger? It’s been done before. I was on Waverly street and Fannett road in school.

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

You realize that’s where West End kids went 6-8 grades or 4-5 grade and again in 9 th grade after original merger? It’s been done before. I was on Waverly street and Fannett road in school.

It was done under protest.  I was subbing in the district in '91.  People forget all of the hoopla that use to go down at the admin building every thursday night until Butch came to town and opened Ozen along with de-cluttering the attendance zones etc

17 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

It was done under protest.  I was subbing in the district in '91.  People forget all of the hoopla that use to go down at the admin building every thursday night until Butch came to town and opened Ozen along with de-cluttering the attendance zones etc

I just remember going to City Hall picking ping pong ball in kindergarten. Lol

The dedicated middle school deal is a good idea.  But with some of those schools going Charter it muddies the waters a little bit.  If they don't want to attend they can go elsewhere which may or may not put them into the zone for the other school then come 9th grade I have no idea what happens.

5 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

Or they move. Why do you think Lumberton will be 5A in a few years?

This what I see.  With the 6A cutoff number constantly going up, that means all the other cutoff numbers go up as well.  So, no, I don't see Lumberton or any surround school this side of the Trinity going up a class unless it's by district merger.  There is simply no growth, no new roads and if there's any growth in BISD, there's the cancer of a Bob Hope or some other charter school syphoning kids of all stripes away from the district........

I've been hearing about 'growth' in lumberton for years and they haven't budged as far as their adm is concerned