Week-7 Port Arthur Memorial at La Porte Predictions 10/7

Who wins   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• La Porte
    • Port Arthur Memorial

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:00 PM

Keys to this game in my opinion: on defense: getting LP in 3rd and long situations. Can't allow LP with their trio of RBs and large OL to just run all night long out of that Wing-T. 

On offense just don't turn the ball over and don't have silly/boneheaded penalties, we can pass and run on LP.  

The unexpected will happen in this game, hopefully it's in our favor like the last 2 years. 

Ha!

That was quick. You hardly had time to leave the stadium.🤣🤣

By this time of the year, teams are known and are either improving, or staying somewhat stagnant. The KWP game--which the Panthers were CLEARLY the better team Thursday night--notwithstanding, LP has been steadily improving with a much higher ceiling available. KWP's senior laden leadership at key positions, execution, and gameplan made the young LP squad look pretty inept. LP is a better squad than they showed. That being said, with youth comes inconsistency. I feel sure the coaching staff have already had the young men move on and focus on this game. We'll see if they can rebound from the KWP disaster. If they can, that will show me a great deal about the boys, and the approach of the staff.

Now that that's out of the way, this game will be won/lost in a very cliche' way for LP.

1. Fundamental execution with minimal/no penalties.
  2. Win the TO battle.
  3. Control the clock/slow the game down.
  4. Stop the big play.

I think you'll see a much different LP squad Friday night at Bulldog. But, that's because I think their upside is still pretty high, and the coaches will have them mentally ready. We'll find out if my faith is warranted on Friday.

2 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Ha!

That was quick. You hardly had time to leave the stadium.🤣🤣

By this time of the year, teams are known and are either improving, or staying somewhat stagnant. The KWP game--which the Panthers were CLEARLY the better team Thursday night--notwithstanding, LP has been steadily improving with a much higher ceiling available. KWP's senior laden leadership at key positions, execution, and gameplan made the young LP squad look pretty inept. LP is a better squad than they showed. That being said, with youth comes inconsistency. I feel sure the coaching staff have already had the young men move on and focus on this game. We'll see if they can rebound from the KWP disaster. If they can, that will show me a great deal about the boys, and the approach of the staff.

Now that that's out of the way, this game will be won/lost in a very cliche' way for LP.

1. Fundamental execution with minimal/no penalties.
  2. Win the TO battle.
  3. Control the clock/slow the game down.
  4. Stop the big play.

I think you'll see a much different LP squad Friday night at Bulldog. But, that's because I think their upside is still pretty high, and the coaches will have them mentally ready. We'll find out if my faith is warranted on Friday.

Good post 

If people can't attend the game, I highly recommend the LPSportsnet YouTube channel over Texan Live or NFHS. I've used both now, and LPSportsnet is superior quality to both of the others with HD, instant replays, clock, down, distance, you name it. Basically, like a normal broadcast game on any network. Besides that, it's FREE!

This is the hidden content, please

I’m going with LP in this one because of the history and it being at their place. That and after starting the year with a bang PAM has struggled with Porter and a 2nd string Crosby team. This game should be tight really a toss up.

25 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Current trends indicate PA will win comfortably due it being a road game.  Don't know why they struggle at home but 5-0 is 5-0

Also, I hope they slip further down the polls because this seams to be an anchor on the psyche

Exactly. Number 10 seems ok to me. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

He's an idiot. Call it like I see it. 

I’m an idiot??? Ok. You are basing the play on road games… GTFOH!! They played sterling on the road!!! EVERYONE BEAT THE BRAKES OFF THEM. PAM SUCKER PUNCHED PNG!!! That’s the only real road games they played!!! They struggle against backup players hence Nederland and Crosby… take off those homer glasses and stop riding memorial coaching staff

Just now, pakronos said:

I’m an idiot??? Ok. You are basing the play on road games… GTFOH!! They played sterling on the road!!! EVERYONE BEAT THE BRAKES OFF THEM. PAM SUCKER PUNCHED PNG!!! That’s the only real road games they played!!! They struggle against backup players hence Nederland and Crosby… take off those homer glasses and stop riding memorial coaching staff

And actually go in person to a game… I drive an hour and 30 min every Friday… I’m just a real fan they don’t sugar coat

Matter of fact i know I can out athlete your lil skinny buck o five arse in anything!! Yeah I was a band member. That proves just how ignorant you are. Just because I didn’t play highschool  sports don’t mean I don’t know about or how to play them. Stop jock riding these coaches and stay away from the kids… well atleast that’s what u say. 

im port Arthur all day as far as even getting it tatted on me. Just because I don’t agree with PA fans doesn’t mean I don’t support the kids. The goal is to improve and not stay the same. It’s the reason why Nederland is where it is. Home town boys that don’t wanna change. When the talent pool run dry at PAM, YALL wanna cry. And Keenan when Pam play bad, u talk that ish behind closed doors… I say behind, in yo face and on here about how bad things are over there. Stop being fake…. BRUH.