Van Wade- It's time for West Orange-Stark fans to rise up for Mustang student athletes

AggiesAreWe

It’s easy to get on the bandwagon for a winner.  A little more difficult when that “winner” hits a bump in the road.  No idea what kind of contract the new Coach has but if he doesn’t produce, he can be replaced.  I’d think with the WOS reputation they would get some real qualified applicants.

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

It’s easy to get on the bandwagon for a winner.  A little more difficult when that “winner” hits a bump in the road.  No idea what kind of contract the new Coach has but if he doesn’t produce, he can be replaced.  I’d think with the WOS reputation they would get some real qualified applicants.

Lol. FALSES

4 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Adversity always reveals true character, shouldn’t need a news article to get fans out to support their kids. 

Lol..... 

The parents are supporting their kids

The community doesn't have to  Especially when the community feel like things/ Changes were  done a certain way/  Predetermined way... js

34 minutes ago, One4All said:

Lol..... 

The parents are supporting their kids

The community doesn't have to  Especially when the community feel like things/ Changes were  done a certain way/  Predetermined way... js

Lol….

Read my post, I didn’t say parents need to support there kids I said fans need to support their kids. This is about the kids an no one else. All of these kids are playing amateur high school sports. It’s nothing more than that. 

Its not the kids fault if people in leadership positions didn’t properly do their do diligence to put the MOST QUALIFIED people In coaching positions. 

12 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Lol….

Read my post, I didn’t say parents need to support there kids I said fans need to support their kids. This is about the kids an no one else. All of these kids are playing amateur high school sports. It’s nothing more than that. 

Its not the kids fault if people in leadership positions didn’t properly do their do diligence to put the MOST QUALIFIED people In coaching positions. 

I respect that

Read my post,   This is exactly about the kids  It should always be about the kids. If people will remember that things would be what they need to be.

The community/Fans doesn't have to support   The families are supporting their kids as ALWAYS. 

21 minutes ago, One4All said:

I respect that

Read my post,   This is exactly about the kids  It should always be about the kids. If people will remember that things would be what they need to be.

The community/Fans doesn't have to support   The families are supporting their kids as ALWAYS. 

We’ll…. Like it’s been said before, sometimes the reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because there’s a broken sewer system underneath it. 

8 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

We’ll…. Like it’s been said before, sometimes the reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because there’s a broken sewer system underneath it. 

Well .....  It's been well known that WOS has a Dan Hooks/  Cornell Thompson fan base.(  a well deserve one at that) 

I believe that's what we're missing in the  Stands.  When change comes certain things go with it..

Fyi:  There are a few regulars I hadn't seen at any games this year. 

11 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Whether accurate or inaccurate, a sports writer using the word I countless times in an article is beyond odd. This is an op-ed piece and nothing more.  Great click bait though!

You are correct that it is an opinion piece. But the man has dedicated 30+ years to that paper that covers Orange County so I think it's a very credible opinion. He's seen it all.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You are correct that it is an opinion piece. But the man has dedicated 30+ years to that paper that covers Orange County so I think it's a very credible opinion. He's seen it all.

I Agree...

I also know that there are many others including myself that have covered WOS 

In & out, that have Credible Opinion (  Truthfully with evidence or  Examples to backup anything I say)

30+ years  Dedication    Graduated

Males & Females Mustang Graduate    Athletics (D1)

Sons and daughters  still there I guess will be  tigerMustang  Graduates 

4 hours ago, One4All said:

Your right , @BADSANTA the sky it's falling.We (WOS)  Just need to accept that we are  The tigerMustangs 

You mean The Tigermustangs!!! This so like when Silsbee hired Coach Smith. People wanted a coach and the school board hired another coach, an outsider. How dare they. People griped and complained all season, sat up in the stands and yelled and hollered at the new coaches. Coach Smith brought in almost all new coach, a new offense and a new defense, you had to have more discipline to run. Only a couple of returning starters coming back. After we lost in the playoffs to Carthage on a last second hail mary pass people sat up in the stands yelling for coach to go back to Houston and take his coaches with him. But, the next year we won district, went three rounds in the playoffs, losing to Carthage again. The complainers were less quiet. Then, the third year BAM, a state simi final game and the next year another state simi final game. I don't hear any complainers now. Change is difficult at first, hard to get ahold of. But, most of the time change brings on the same ways as before, Expecially if the whole community is behind it. If the sky is falling, be one of the ones that holds up the clouds so people don't get lost in the daze. I'm one of the ones that think WOS will be just fine. They have the athletes and talent to overcome change, does the whole football program have the community to help with the change. 

39 minutes ago, One4All said:

I Agree...

I also know that there are many others including myself that have covered WOS 

In & out, that have Credible Opinion (  Truthfully with evidence or  Examples to backup anything I say)

30+ years  Dedication    Graduated

Males & Females Mustang Graduate    Athletics (D1)

Sons and daughters  still there I guess will be  tigerMustang  Graduates 

Never said there were no other credible opinions. Just stated that Mr. Wade's was one.

I value the opinions of some the other WO-S members here. Gasilla, Gunho and of course, my good friend WOSGrad (may he rest in peace). They all bleed the blue and silver and respect what they have to say. They always shoot straight.

53 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You mean The Tigermustangs!!! This so like when Silsbee hired Coach Smith. People wanted a coach and the school board hired another coach, an outsider. How dare they. People griped and complained all season, sat up in the stands and yelled and hollered at the new coaches. Coach Smith brought in almost all new coach, a new offense and a new defense, you had to have more discipline to run. Only a couple of returning starters coming back. After we lost in the playoffs to Carthage on a last second hail mary pass people sat up in the stands yelling for coach to go back to Houston and take his coaches with him. But, the next year we won district, went three rounds in the playoffs, losing to Carthage again. The complainers were less quiet. Then, the third year BAM, a state simi final game and the next year another state simi final game. I don't hear any complainers now. Change is difficult at first, hard to get ahold of. But, most of the time change brings on the same ways as before, Expecially if the whole community is behind it. If the sky is falling, be one of the ones that holds up the clouds so people don't get lost in the daze. I'm one of the ones that think WOS will be just fine. They have the athletes and talent to overcome change, does the whole football program have the community to help with the change. 

Good post.  

Some of what you said me and @BMTSoulja1 witnessed firsthand and you're exactly right: the detractors are quiet now. 😎

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Never said there were no other credible opinions. Just stated that Mr. Wade's was one.

I value the opinions of some the other WO-S members here. Gasilla, Gunho and of course, my good friend WOSGrad (may he rest in peace). They all bleed the blue and silver and respect what they have to say. They always shoot straight.

So you're saying I'm not shooting straight 

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Nothing like when Silsbee Hired There Guy 

Two   totally different communities