WOS vs Liberty

XX Man

22 hours ago, marshman said:

Lol I knew someone from Silsbee would comment on that statement.  I just think the weather bothered us more than yall that night. Just my opinion and everyone has them. It’s all good though, y’all won and that’s that. 

But as far as being better than our record indicates, well I don’t know about that.  We beat a very bad Nederland team and barely got by LCM.  We could easily be 1-4 right now.  Good luck to Silsbee the rest of the way, I’ll be supporting y’all come playoff time. Unless we meet up again! Lol

Lol.  No Stang fan I know would let a Tiger get away with the same statement!

I have faith in WOS.  They are in our district and nothing would please me more than 9-4A II send teams home for the playoffs as a whole.

When we meet again....game on.

Mad respect Stangs.

I'd expect the same from you in the end.

#TigerNation

5 hours ago, Sportsguy17 said:

Only team I can think of is la Marque in the 90s took wos out of the playoffs just about every year 

2-3 vs la marque

93 95 97

1-3 vs CE king

89 90 91 all first round. And that was right after 3 straight trips to state.

So we have lost before. But not this week.

WOS by at least 1

54 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

La Marque has been down for a while and I see no return insight. All those great athletes are now going to Dickenson ISD. 

WOS wont drop off the map like La Marque did.

Hell some La Marque fans cheer for teams in this area now. Go figure. 🤷🏾‍♂️  @ThaGhost @BMTSoulja1 know about it. 

On 9/28/2022 at 10:00 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks Mr Wade

From the article...

“We played that game without two of our backs in Jamal Shaw and Raymond Mallett Jr., and we look to have those guys back this week. We had some opportunities that we didn’t take advantage of for sure. We also have seven to eight sophomores playing a lot, so we are going through some growing pains, but we are going to get better.”

Liberty better not score

On 9/27/2022 at 7:45 PM, Silsbee92 said:

So many things to say about this post...

However, as stated, been said before.

Must not have been raining on the other team.

Anyway, WOS wins this.  They are better than their record represents.  Have faith Stang fans.

This is something people are kind of overlooking.  This has been a tough preseason schedule, like it always is for them.  A close loss to Newton, who most recently beat them in 2019 and the year before as well.  Silsbee beat them those seasons as well, and this year has their best team in however long.    They lost to Nederland last year, who didn’t even make the playoffs, and have dropped a game or two predistrict almost every season for the last several years.  They could’ve easily scheduled some cream puffs and started the year 5-0 and nobody would be batting and eye.  It’s going to take some time to see how this new system is going to work, and hopefully they’re going to figure some stuff out and work on some of the issues they’re having.  There’s still a very reasonable chance that they’ll go 7-3, or maybe 6-4 and then go a few rounds deep in the playoffs.  If they go 5-5 and get busted first round I’ll be a little more inclined to agree with some of the stuff I’m seeing said.  

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

This is something people are kind of overlooking.  This has been a tough preseason schedule, like it always is for them.  A close loss to Newton, who most recently beat them in 2019 and the year before as well.  Silsbee beat them those seasons as well, and this year has their best team in however long.    They lost to Nederland last year, who didn’t even make the playoffs, and have dropped a game or two predistrict almost every season for the last several years.  They could’ve easily scheduled some cream puffs and started the year 5-0 and nobody would be batting and eye.  It’s going to take some time to see how this new system is going to work, and hopefully they’re going to figure some stuff out and work on some of the issues they’re having.  There’s still a very reasonable chance that they’ll go 7-3, or maybe 6-4 and then go a few rounds deep in the playoffs.  If they go 5-5 and get busted first round I’ll be a little more inclined to agree with some of the stuff I’m seeing said.  

What I am starting to realize that there seems to be a faction of Mustang fans that would be disgruntled no matter how successful Coach Hickman would be this season all because of how the hiring process went down. (which by the way is a bit suspect)

I think some (in the minority) wants Hickman to fail.

Two things. 

21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

There’s still a very reasonable chance that they’ll go 7-3, or maybe 6-4 and then go a few rounds deep in the playoffs.  If they go 5-5 and get busted first round I’ll be a little more inclined to agree with some of the stuff I’m seeing said.  

First. That a very reasonable expectation at this point. The thing is this. Our expectation every year is to win the state championship. Most other schools can't and fans don't understand that. Few rounds deep is great for almost every school in Texas. We should be winning in December. Because we know what it takes and we are quite capable of doing it. Of course there have been plenty of years that didn't happen. And we keep on going just like we'll do if happens again now. 

Second...

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What I am starting to realize that there seems to be a faction of Mustang fans that would be disgruntled no matter how successful Coach Hickman would be this season all because of how the hiring process went down. (which by the way is a bit suspect)

I think some (in the minority) wants Hickman to fail.

That is correct. Some say all or nothing, and why can't we be performing to what was expected. Hiring process aside. Other decisions since then have been questionable.

Nobody wants H or the staff or the kids to fail

On 9/28/2022 at 10:08 AM, JimAdler said:

A really good coach told me once long ago that Cornell Thompson wasn't good enough to coach on his own staff.  Yes, that may sound super critical, for somebody who has won plenty, but what he meant was, take him away from WOS and he was an average coach.  For just any coach to say that, you'd think " man you are bitter about CT " but this particular coach had beat CT 7 out of 9 times.  For me personally, I think CT was great at getting the best out of what he had to work with.

What school did this coach work at.