WOS vs Liberty

XX Man

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

What are your thoughts? 

Blood in the water? I would think that WOS surely has the talent to win this one.. but I've heard things are kind of falling apart.  I don't know for sure but I'm hearing: quitting, walking off the field, mentally struggling, etc.

Again.. those are unverified rumors.  Even if true, I'd bet WOS gets the win.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Blood in the water? I would think that WOS surely has the talent to win this one.. but I've heard things are kind of falling apart.  I don't know for sure but I'm hearing: quitting, walking off the field, mentally struggling, etc.

Again.. those are unverified rumors.  Even if true, I'd bet WOS gets the win.

That's all the extra negative energy WOS fans are helping outsiders feed into the situation along with losing a hall of fame head coach. That's how you go from maybe not being good as normal to just totally falling apart. I hope that doesn't happen with the stangs. 

26 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It’s all about the coaching!  

Exactly right. Cornel had the talent to find weaknesses in the other side, and he capitalized on them, big time. You can take a team 4 deep in the playoffs, with minimum talent, if you have a great coach. 

26 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Exactly right. Cornel had the talent to find weaknesses in the other side, and he capitalized on them, big time. You can take a team 4 deep in the playoffs, with minimum talent, if you have a great coach. 

This is so true. I always felt that CT and his staff did their best coaching job in 2018. Remember that was right after 4 straight trips to Dallas. The talent level seemed to have dropped that year and at one point the Mustangs were 2-3 just like this year. But even though they were struggling early you could tell there was improvement each week. They ended up winning district and going 4 rounds deep. I still think without the monsoon they played Silsbee in, they would have won that game and advanced to the semifinal. But that’s an argument that’s already been hashed over many times so no need to go over that again. Point is even with talent level not as high as normal the coaching staff that year did an outstanding job of getting the kids ready, coaching them up and putting them in situations where they could be the most successful. 

1 minute ago, marshman said:

This is so true. I always felt that CT and his staff did their best coaching job in 2018. Remember that was right after 4 straight trips to Dallas. The talent level seemed to have dropped that year and at one point the Mustangs were 2-3 just like this year. But even though they were struggling early you could tell there was improvement each week. They ended up winning district and going 4 rounds deep. I still think without the monsoon they played Silsbee in, they would have won that game and advanced to the semifinal. But that’s an argument that’s already been hashed over many times so no need to go over that again. Point is even with talent level not as high as normal the coaching staff that year did an outstanding job of getting the kids ready, coaching them up and putting them in situations where they could be the most successful. 

I agree with you here. That was a great coaching year. Four straight trips to state, then player personnel dropping and supposedly a "rebuilding year", then boom, a 4th round appearance. It was quite impressive. 

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

You can take a team 4 deep in the playoffs, with minimum talent, if you have a great coach. 

I wouldn't say that team was minimum talent. Just inexperienced.

Back to this week. It's homecoming. Nuff said? Well, maybe not.

Liberty comes in winless thinking WOS is down and they could get away with a win. They're not gonna lay down. They're coming to get it. 

Every team we face is gonna play us harder than ever before. 

3 hours ago, marshman said:

So many things to say about this post...

However, as stated, been said before.

Must not have been raining on the other team.

Anyway, WOS wins this.  They are better than their record represents.  Have faith Stang fans.

2 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Lol I knew someone from Silsbee would comment on that statement.  I just think the weather bothered us more than yall that night. Just my opinion and everyone has them. It’s all good though, y’all won and that’s that. 

But as far as being better than our record indicates, well I don’t know about that.  We beat a very bad Nederland team and barely got by LCM.  We could easily be 1-4 right now.  Good luck to Silsbee the rest of the way, I’ll be supporting y’all come playoff time. Unless we meet up again! Lol

9 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Anyway, WOS wins this.  They are better than their record represents.  Have faith Stang fans.

As you know, there are several teams in this district, that are perennial losers. WOS will win a couple for sure, regardless how many mistakes or bad calls are mad. 

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks Mr Wade

From the article...

“We played that game without two of our backs in Jamal Shaw and Raymond Mallett Jr., and we look to have those guys back this week. We had some opportunities that we didn’t take advantage of for sure. We also have seven to eight sophomores playing a lot, so we are going through some growing pains, but we are going to get better.”

18 hours ago, XX Man said:

A really good coach told me once long ago that Cornell Thompson wasn't good enough to coach on his own staff.  Yes, that may sound super critical, for somebody who has won plenty, but what he meant was, take him away from WOS and he was an average coach.  For just any coach to say that, you'd think " man you are bitter about CT " but this particular coach had beat CT 7 out of 9 times.  For me personally, I think CT was great at getting the best out of what he had to work with.

1 minute ago, JimAdler said:

A really good coach told me once long ago that Cornell Thompson wasn't good enough to coach on his own staff.  Yes, that may sound super critical, for somebody who has won plenty, but what he meant was, take him away from WOS and he was an average coach.  For just any coach to say that, you'd think " man you are bitter about CT " but this particular coach had beat CT 7 out of 9 times.  For me personally, I think CT was great at getting the best out of what he had to work with.

Interesting pov from coach X. Lol. There's not to many schools that beat us 7 times. 

6 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Interesting pov from coach X. Lol. There's not to many schools that beat us 7 times. 

Some of the wins he counted were when CT was an assistant at that school in east texas and some while he was coaching somewhere in Houston ?

31 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

Some of the wins he counted were when CT was an assistant at that school in east texas and some while he was coaching somewhere in Houston ?

CT was Palestine HC in 2001. 2-8 record so I'm sure that was one of them. I think Mark Foreman was HC at Huntsville the next 2 years with CT as his DC. Then they decided the grass wasn't greener.

I still don't think anyone beat him 7 times. Maybe counting all his 40+ years on the sideline as a coach. Maybe.

10 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

CT was Palestine HC in 2001. 2-8 record so I'm sure that was one of them. I think Mark Foreman was HC at Huntsville the next 2 years with CT as his DC. Then they decided the grass wasn't greener.

I still don't think anyone beat him 7 times. Maybe counting all his 40+ years on the sideline as a coach. Maybe.

Hell, maybe he beat him just a couple times and over exxagerated the entire statement.  I just feel like CT is a jam up dude.