Hamshire fannett at Jasper Sept 30

lcm93

Jasper was more depleted than we realized. I hope the community can support the team and give the coaches a couple of years to rebuild the program. DC is out of the picture this year. But I think we have enough to be in the hunt for a playoff spot if we can win. It will be a tough game.

8 hours ago, JB94 said:

Jasper was more depleted than we realized. I hope the community can support the team and give the coaches a couple of years to rebuild the program. DC is out of the picture this year. But I think we have enough to be in the hunt for a playoff spot if we can win. It will be a tough game.

I can see us being 3rd or even 4th with a much better team come playoff time and maybe winning a playoff game. It would be unreasonable at this point to expect more than that. 

I know Jasper folks aren't going to like this, but I think Jasper would be better this year with the ole Barbay offense. With Bronson as the DC, I think they are just fine. He's an energetic and defensive guy. However, I just don't think Jasper has the personnel to be a really good spread offense. I have never personally seen HF play, but I believe it will be a good game this year being HF is better than they usually are. I'm still going with Jasper! Go little puppies, go!

On 9/26/2022 at 10:33 AM, Bulldogs92 said:

We love the guy. He wasn't gonna fix the offense overnight. My concern is that the defense hasn't been as good as we need it to be to beat good teams. I think we'll get better as the season progresses. 

Actually, yes it has. Just in stages. Jasper had a top 5 defense in all of 4A last year and it was without question the reason Jasper was able to have the season that we had. We asJasper fans, hope/expected for close to the same this year.  while we do have skilled guys on defense that are coming into their own such as Lackey and Thomas. Tylon Garrett is having another outstanding season , and of course TyAnthony' s ball hawking impact on a game.  No Jemario Thomas, Trey Moran, or 3 year starter , district defensive MVP with a 4.0 GPA Kaleb Sells being the difference this season.

Kaleb was our  on the field defensive play caller who made the  the adjustments to get people in the right places, which allowed Tyanthony to show case his skill set. This year the "field general" role belongs to Tyanthony and he will only improve. Keep in mind he didn't play until week 3  

game 1) held a good Kincaid  team to 15 pts. The defense scoring 6 of our 20 with a scoop and score.

game 2) No matter how good or bad Palestine ends up being this season the DAWGS defensive after being down 22-0 after 1st quarter(8 of those being on Jasper offense via, safety and a fumble in end zone recovery for td for Palestine). Held them to only 6 points the rest of the game.

game 3) held the # 3 ranked team in their classification to a season low amount of points.

game 4,) though at times it didn't seem like it at timesthe DAWGS defense actually did good job against a state champion offense who last year scored the 4th most points in a season in Texas hs football history.  Down 21-7 at halftime, held Franklin to just 14 pts in second half. The difference in 41-35 game literally fell on the offense shoulders via the 104 yard pick six.

game 5) yes it was alot closer game than what was expected,  but the same has been said about all of Libertys games.