Vidor (22) @ Trinity Christian (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

And juat like that vidor coaches gets a break from frantic fans for another week lol

Yea I bet we won’t lose during the bye week lol make it 2 weeks of peace and quiet. Two wins in a row vs the church schools but coming soon we get LCM and L-Town. The frantic fans will be back with a vengeance, until then we celebrate.

14 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea I bet we won’t lose during the bye week lol make it 2 weeks of peace and quiet. Two wins in a row vs the church schools but coming soon we get LCM and L-Town. The frantic fans will be back with a vengeance, until then we celebrate.

And after defeating LCM & Ltown?  What then?  I’m reminded of Alexander the Great:
And when Alexander saw the breath of his domain, he wept, because there were no more worlds to conquer.

And so it will be for the Pirates.

Okay, okay, maybe a little out there but this Forum needs a bit of levity every so often.  
😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

And after defeating LCM & Ltown?  What then?  I’m reminded of Alexander the Great:
And when Alexander saw the breath of his domain, he wept, because there were no more worlds to conquer.

Okay, okay, maybe a little out there but this Forum needs a bit of levity every so often.  
😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂

You are “oh so funny”!! Lol

22 hours ago, Hagar said:

😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂

I can see it now, the Black Kayak sunk in a mud puddle from two poundings.

17 hours ago, Unwoke said:

They should have done their homework on who to bring in to meet those Great Expectations. I was being satirical with my statement by the way. 

Not sure many of these folks understand satire.  As I’ve said, I like the Slot T, but with this new rule that you can’t cut block outside the tackles, it’s almost impossible to run.  And good grief, don’t the rule makers understand that football is a contact sport?  I’ve two G’sons who play rugby.  It makes football look like a sissy game.  Can’t cut block.  Get a flag if you tackle the QB to hard.  Can’t breath on the receivers.  Based on all the new rules, being safe has taken priority over playing football.  It appears to be heading to Flag Football.

Okay, enough of my venting.  I am curious though, does anyone else think the rule makers are messing up the game or is it just me?

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Not sure many of these folks understand satire.  As I’ve said, I like the Slot T, but with this new rule that you can’t cut block outside the tackles, it’s almost impossible to run.  And good grief, don’t the rule makers understand that football is a contact sport?  I’ve two G’sons who play rugby.  It makes football look like a sissy game.  Can’t cut block.  Get a flag if you tackle the QB to hard.  Can’t breath on the receivers.  Based on all the new rules, being safe has taken priority over playing football.  It appears to be heading to Flag Football.

Okay, enough of my venting.  I am curious though, does anyone else think the rule makers are messing up the game or is it just me?

3A Franklin is 5-0 this season running the Slot T, won State Championship last year. 5A Liberty Hill  Slot T is 4-1 this year with one lost by 7 points, an are averaging almost 50 points a game this year. Made it to State Championship last year an fell short.

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

3A Franklin is 5-0 this season running the Slot T, won State Championship last year. 5A Liberty Hill  Slot T is 4-1 this year with one lost by 7 points, an are averaging almost 50 points a game this year. Made it to State Championship last year an fell short.

They’re obviously doing something different.  You noticed Saturday we didn’t have the slot man in motion prior to the snap.  Wonder what’s up with that?  Maybe Matthews is going to unveil a few surprises.  I sure hope so.

27 minutes ago, Hagar said:

They’re obviously doing something different.  You noticed Saturday we didn’t have the slot man in motion prior to the snap.  Wonder what’s up with that?  Maybe Matthews is going to unveil a few surprises.  I sure hope so.

Heat, conserve energy, non district game with zero implications on district standings.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I don’t know the answer to that question. Maybe an argument can be made that they could be a little more creative and diverse on adding to the Slot T but it’s already proven that you can get to a State Championship an win it with the Slot T offense.

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Some these Texas Coaches that run the spread offense have gotten their butts handed to them consistently by Slot T teams an probably whined to the UIL about it to change the rules. Lol

I agree with you about being able cut block outside the tackles. Make a football move an get out of the way if you want to play. But these same pencil pushers don’t have a problem with a DB taking out the knee’s of a wide receiver instead of hitting him high.

11 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I don’t know the answer to that question. Maybe an argument can be made that they could be a little more creative and diverse on adding to the Slot T but it’s already proven that you can get to a State Championship an win it with the Slot T offense.

I think you’ll agree, the Pirates execution of the Slot T in 2022 is nothing, not even close, to the 2021 execution of the same offense.  I’m no football genius so tell me - what are we doing different/wrong?  And don’t forget, I’m one of the few proponents of this offense.  It’s almost you & me against everyone else.  

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I think you’ll agree, the Pirates execution of the Slot T in 2022 is nothing, not even close, to the 2021 execution of the same offense.  I’m no football genius so tell me - what are we doing different/wrong?  And don’t forget, I’m one of the few proponents of this offense.  It’s almost you & me against everyone else.  

Honestly I don’t know the answer to that question. Maybe BigEnos could answer that for you. I do know for a fact that they run a heck of a lot more plays in practice than they’ve shown in non district play. Maybe it’s a strategy on the coaches part. I guess we’ll see in a couple of weeks.

7 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Honestly I don’t know the answer to that question. Maybe BigEnos could answer that for you. I do know for a fact that they run a heck of a lot more plays in practice than they’ve shown in non district play. Maybe it’s a strategy on the coaches part. I guess we’ll see in a couple of weeks.

'22 does not look like '21... why?... beats me.  My answer is ONLY speculation... different personnel, not wanting to show your entire hand in nondistrict.  BUT if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on this years personnel has a different skill set than last years so plays/play calling will look different.

6 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Sounds promising.  No doubt we’ll be the underdogs, but LCM doesn’t look to be an unbeatable juggernaut.  Not saying Vidor will win, but they could win.  Take a few breaks.  A few (bunch, lol) bounces go to the Pirates.  I just hope they, Coaches & Players, give it a 110% effort - then, win, lose or draw, I’ll be proud of them.