Lumberton (48) @ Tatum (42) - FINAL

Raider24

1 hour ago, TEagle8 said:

Lumberton 48 Tatum 42 Final

Our boys ain't got no quit in them. I can live with the outcome. Gave everything they had. Lumberton was huge and had tons of talent. Our run game is gonna be hell for 3A D1 to stop. I like where coach Keeling has this program headed in his first year. Get to rest up and try to get healthy with the bye week next then start district play against Gladewater. 

Congrats on the win Lumberton. Yall got a solid squad. Ward is a load. Passing game looked good. Best of luck the rest of the season.  

We return every kid that touched the ball except for #35 next year. Hopefully we'll be able to give yall a game next year as well and make this 2 game series worth it for yall. 

Very impressed with Tatum. Very athletic team. QB can go! Ward ended up with 18-193yds & 2 TDs. It was hot! Good luck rest of the season! 

37 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Very impressed with Tatum. Very athletic team. QB can go! Ward ended up with 18-193yds & 2 TDs. It was hot! Good luck rest of the season! 

Ward was a load. Only one of our boys had an answer for him and that was the D1 D-Linemen Fite. Nobody else could tackle him without help. QB ran well in space too. With that kind of balanced attack its pick your poison. We went man to man and tried to corral the run game with 5 for the most part, sometimes 6. Had running lanes for days up the middle behind big OL. Very solid balanced offense. Yall go give 4A hell fellas. 

1 hour ago, TEagle8 said:

Ward was a load. Only one of our boys had an answer for him and that was the D1 D-Linemen Fite. Nobody else could tackle him without help. QB ran well in space too. With that kind of balanced attack its pick your poison. We went man to man and tried to corral the run game with 5 for the most part, sometimes 6. Had running lanes for days up the middle behind big OL. Very solid balanced offense. Yall go give 4A hell fellas. 

Good luck to y’all the rest of the season! 

9 hours ago, TEagle8 said:

Yea. Playing man across the board with only 6 or 7 in the box didn’t do any favors with them running lanes lol. 

51 minutes ago, spidersal said:

You would think Haynes is coaching the Raiders again. Good offense but don’t think they can even spell defense. I don’t think the Raiders have ever played good defense in the history of the school

You would be wrong in that regard. When Creaduer was head coach and Lumberton went on that 3 year run in the playoffs beating teams like LaMarque, those teams played great defense.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You would be wrong in that regard. When Creaduer was head coach and Lumberton went on that 3 year run in the playoffs beating teams like LaMarque, those teams played great defense.

I remember those days, that was when the Lumberton fanbase was out in droves on this site. 😂

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I remember those days, that was when the Lumberton fanbase was out in droves on this site. 😂

Yep. That 2007 season was very special for Lumberton. Finished 11-2 with their only losses coming from PN-G in district and Waller in the regionals. Defeated all mighty LaMarque in the playoffs that year. Lumberton gave up less than 14 points a game in that season.

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

You would think Haynes is coaching the Raiders again. Good offense but don’t think they can even spell defense. I don’t think the Raiders have ever played good defense in the history of the school

We've had a few good defensive outputs throughout the years. I remember playing Silsbee once when they had a D1 QB named Johnson who was running up 3 and 400 yards of offense a game and we put his rear in reverse and he had closer to 300 yards loss that game. I think that was when we Anthony Beard on defense as Linebacker, that boy was a beast.