Sulphur Springs rounds out non-district 4-1 Coach Faircoth is on a roll.

prepballfan

Coach Faircloth has lead SS to a 4-1 record beating Liberty-Eylau 24-6. Liberty-Eulau was ranked 15th in 4a d2. Coach Faircloth took over a SS team that was 0-10 last season. Before tonight's game SS was ranked #21 in 4a d1. His only loss this season coming at the hands of Hallsville a 5a d2 ranked #20 school. That loss was 34-21. SS hadn't won back to back games since 2018. I believe they had only won 4 games since 2018. This is a great example of the difference a great coach can make. 

I couldn't imagine what Coach Faircloths system would do offensively at WOS with all that speed. They might score 60 points a game and 500 yards. I often wondered what it would look like with him at the helm of a school with speed. Most may not know this but Faircloth came to PNG as the offensive coordinator at Odessa Permian. As the OC each season he broke all of their offensive records. Put that in your mind as to all of the great teams OP has had through the years. He is a true offensive guru. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching in some capacity on Saturdays in the future. One of his greatest attributes is his ability to develop quarterbacks where there were none before. Ask the Morse family, the Bost family, The Johnson family, the Doty Family, The Crippen family and so on. These kids became record breakers at PNG under Faircloth. I love our new coaching staff. They are the real deal. We were lucky to get the caliber of coaches we have. Ill always appreciate the 13 years we had with Coach Faircloth. 

Top 5 QB's in PNG history

Yards      Name                                  Season

7710      Roschon Johnson              2016-2018

6298      Adam Morse                     2013-2015

6173      Dustin Long                      1997-1999

4708      Brennan Doty                    2009-2010

4592      Blake Bost                         2018-2020

4 of the top 5 were coached by Brandon Faircloth 

Also last season the number 5 picked team in district made to the 3rd round of the playoffs under Coach FC. Last seasons and this years current QB threw for 3000+ yards under Coach FC.

9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Top 5 QB's in PNG history

Yards      Name                                  Season

7710      Roschon Johnson              2016-2018

6298      Adam Morse                     2013-2015

6173      Dustin Long                      1997-1999

4708      Brennan Doty                    2009-2010

4592      Blake Bost                         2018-2020

4 of the top 5 were coached by Brandon Faircloth 

Also last season the number 5 picked team in district made to the 3rd round of the playoffs under Coach FC. Last seasons and this years current QB threw for 3000+ yards under Coach FC.

All that and still could not beat NED.

7 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I can see BF come back to the area one day just not as a PNG Indian… 

If/when Matthews retires and Vidor inevitably goes to the spread, I’d love to see Faircloth be at the helm.  I know, not a snowballs chance in hades, but it’s okay to “wish”.  Guy does know offense.  Probably one of the best ever.  I’m thrilled to see him doing well.

50 minutes ago, Hagar said:

If/when Matthews retires and Vidor inevitably goes to the spread, I’d love to see Faircloth be at the helm.  I know, not a snowballs chance in hades, but it’s okay to “wish”.  Guy does know offense.  Probably one of the best ever.  I’m thrilled to see him doing well.

I want to see that just to prove that Vidor can succeed using that offense. 

On 9/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, prepballfan said:

Coach Faircloth has lead SS to a 4-1 record beating Liberty-Eylau 24-6. Liberty-Eulau was ranked 15th in 4a d2. Coach Faircloth took over a SS team that was 0-10 last season. Before tonight's game SS was ranked #21 in 4a d1. His only loss this season coming at the hands of Hallsville a 5a d2 ranked #20 school. That loss was 34-21. SS hadn't won back to back games since 2018. I believe they had only won 4 games since 2018. This is a great example of the difference a great coach can make. 

Let me just chime in and give some insight from someone from SS.  Last year's record and this year's record are somewhat deceiving.  Last year our first seven opponents, through the first seven weeks, had a combined record of 44-5.  Two teams from last year are now in 6A, two more are in 5A D1, and two that are still in 5A D2 were top 10 teams.  We were so beat down that by the time we got to some winnable games the kids were done and the coaches had one foot out the door.  It was just a bad situation.

This year we dropped to 4A.  A softer schedule has as much to do with the turn around as the new coaching staff.  It's a whole lot easier to win when you're one of the big schools in the class instead of the other way around.  We were going to be better this year regardless of who the coach was.  That being said, Faircloth is awesome.  He is exactly what we needed.  He's brought a new attitude, new energy, built confidence after being beaten down the last few years.  The old coach was a great guy, won a state championship here, but he'd been here 13 years and it had ran it's course.  It was time for a change and everyone knew it.  Oh yea, one more thing, we play defense now, 15 ppg.  So all the talk about Faircloth being strictly about the offense doesn't seem to apply here, at least not yet.  We've never played defense here.  Even the state championship game we won the score was 69-49, so we're not used to this.

Faircloth is a smart guy, and I think he chose to come here for a reason.  What most people on the outside may not know is the talent at our lower levels is absolutely loaded.  JV is pretty good, but it's the Freshman that has everyone here buzzing.  They've never lost a game and have outscored their opponents this year 174-14, and that's with two of the best freshmen starting on varsity.  I had a retired coach who coached at the 5a/4a level tell me he has never seen a class this talented at any school he coached at or coached against.  They are special.  It really seems like the perfect combination of talent and coaching coming together at the right time to do something special.

So, if you want to peek into the future, I can see Faircloth winning a state championship here in two or three years, or at least coming close.  Then after that I would think he would have his pick of high profile jobs if he were looking to move up.  I don't see him leaving any sooner than that with this much talent on the way.

As for this year I'll stick with my prediction I made before the season.  9-3, 2nd place in district, two rounds deep in the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, SSFan said:

Let me just chime in and give some insight from someone from SS.  Last year's record and this year's record are somewhat deceiving.  Last year our first seven opponents, through the first seven weeks, had a combined record of 44-5.  Two teams from last year are now in 6A, two more are in 5A D1, and two that are still in 5A D2 were top 10 teams.  We were so beat down that by the time we got to some winnable games the kids were done and the coaches had one foot out the door.  It was just a bad situation.

This year we dropped to 4A.  A softer schedule has as much to do with the turn around as the new coaching staff.  It's a whole lot easier to win when you're one of the big schools in the class instead of the other way around.  We were going to be better this year regardless of who the coach was.  That being said, Faircloth is awesome.  He is exactly what we needed.  He's brought a new attitude, new energy, built confidence after being beaten down the last few years.  The old coach was a great guy, won a state championship here, but he'd been here 13 years and it had ran it's course.  It was time for a change and everyone knew it.  Oh yea, one more thing, we play defense now, 15 ppg.  So all the talk about Faircloth being strictly about the offense doesn't seem to apply here, at least not yet.  We've never played defense here.  Even the state championship game we won the score was 69-49, so we're not used to this.

Faircloth is a smart guy, and I think he chose to come here for a reason.  What most people on the outside may not know is the talent at our lower levels is absolutely loaded.  JV is pretty good, but it's the Freshman that has everyone here buzzing.  They've never lost a game and have outscored their opponents this year 174-14, and that's with two of the best freshmen starting on varsity.  I had a retired coach who coached at the 5a/4a level tell me he has never seen a class this talented at any school he coached at or coached against.  They are special.  It really seems like the perfect combination of talent and coaching coming together at the right time to do something special.

So, if you want to peek into the future, I can see Faircloth winning a state championship here in two or three years, or at least coming close.  Then after that I would think he would have his pick of high profile jobs if he were looking to move up.  I don't see him leaving any sooner than that with this much talent on the way.

As for this year I'll stick with my prediction I made before the season.  9-3, 2nd place in district, two rounds deep in the playoffs.

Welcome SS fan 

Faircloth's 1st year at PNG that defense was the best he had during his tenure. That DC left and they never played a lick of defense since. So just wondering how long that defense will stay good before all of the talent is on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not bad mouthing BF just making a statement about the guy's comment about SS playing defense now.

20 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Happy for BF and I wish SS all the best, but at BH we like our guy and want to keep him. I hope he stays a long time. 

I heard y’all do, but BH pays extremely well. If y’all want someone y’all aren’t afraid to go get him and pay that person extremely well. Plus the facilities are top notch… that’s why I said if BH wants someone they seem to get that person

On 9/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, Hagar said:

Honestly I think yall'd be better served in almost any system other than the one you use. 

The only school with consistent success with it is Liberty Hill and they seems to have it run at every level over there.