West Orange-Stark (27) @ Silsbee (48) - FINAL

jdawg03

16 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I guess as a outsider because im from orange. Silsbee didnt hire Hick at silsbee as Head Coach they went with Smith instead. Hmm i wonder why? I understand why Toby didnt get the iob the first time. He had to compete with a great coach but now hearing all these things about CT why didn't WOS stand up then? But i heard that hick had the job in the bag before he got hired and that WOS didnt go outside to fine a great coach. Because the list of coaches that applied were people ive never heard of. You cant tell me no one wanted one of the most talented teams in the state.   

Outsider you're missing the point no one applied because the decision was already made. THE  coaching world  New this in advance....

The lovely community of Silsbee is very different from  the wonderful  community of WOS 

1 minute ago, One4All said:

@LCMAlumtiger32 your right

We (WOCCISD) HIRED a  Tiger that a tiger didn't even hire, for whatever reason 

A tiger that was a part time coach (theoretically )at the time of hire 

Because of our lovely superintendent grooming him for the AD/HC  Position ...LOL

#IFYOUKNOWYOUKNOW 

FACTS

Its sad to see. I usually go watch 
WOS in the playoffs. They didnt look like the same team i grew up playing against. Do you think there will be HC change at the end of this year? 

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Its sad to see. I usually go watch 
WOS in the playoffs. They didnt look like the same team i grew up playing against. Do you think there will be HC change at the end of this year? 

No,not AD/HC Maybe a  Assistant/coordinator Maybe BIG Maybe 

And I only say that hoping that our lovely tiger leadership see he needs to make a few changes  Since we are all out changing things for the better I'm very optimistic...

But again hes hired by the superintendent/WOCCISD)not the community so hes good for a few  If he has thick skin like I our lovely superintendent

26 minutes ago, One4All said:

@LCMAlumtiger32 your right

We (WOCCISD) HIRED a  Tiger that a tiger didn't even hire, for whatever reason 

A tiger that was a part time coach (theoretically )at the time of hire 

Because of our lovely superintendent grooming him for the AD/HC  Position ...LOL

#IFYOUKNOWYOUKNOW 

FACTS

I forgot all about this. He was an asst principal or something like that?? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I forgot all about this. He was an asst principal or something like that?? 

That's why I use the word "Outsiders "

Because certain people with  free speech  Which I love& have no problem with  wasn't at practice wasn't walking the halls ,wasn't riding the streets of WOS doesn't have a kid in the program  Most likely have never had a conversation with Coach T but they know.. Lol

@Mr. Buddy Garrity your a smart guy 

I want you to really think about and ask yourself why was this  Tiger/Coach  pulling double duties on a Cornell Thompson staff ,Hmmmmmm

I hesitate to even comment on this but I want to say one thing coach cornel was a good coach and a good man. Hiawatha is a good man and has been a good coach. He will be a good head coach. Toby applied for the Silsbee job when Hiawatha did and though he had more experience he did not get the job because the administrators in Silsbee thought Coach Smith was the man for the job. I like Hiawatha but hope Coach Smith is here for a long time.

11 minutes ago, scoopno1 said:

I hesitate to even comment on this but I want to say one thing coach cornel was a good coach and a good man. Hiawatha is a good man and has been a good coach. He will be a good head coach. Toby applied for the Silsbee job when Hiawatha did and though he had more experience he did not get the job because the administrators in Silsbee thought Coach Smith was the man for the job. I like Hiawatha but hope Coach Smith is here for a long time.

He even applied at Jasper this past spring. Anything to get back to Dan R Hooks stadium. Even if it's on the wrong side of the field.

10 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

The DE part got me too. He couldnt play corner back so go down there where you can get around a slow fat linemen. In that 50 defense edge 

regardless of what people may think KT was an absolute monster for us during the 97 & 98 WOS football seasons. He was the back up QB as well but Cornel used his heart & determination to be a hybrid at the Rover End in the 50 defense (which is basically a defensive back in a nickel package/defense). He was a unanimous AllState selection despite his stature.

I remain quiet on alot that's spoken here because much of what some of you say isn't worth a wet roll of toilet paper. Lol

But I will say this - my main gripe was "be careful what you ask for" when there became an outcry to run CT out of town. Now kids can't even line up properly, at times looking completely lost as if they aren't even coached up in practice. I'm baffled how all of a sudden the WOS defense cant tackle, defend the deep ball, or control the line of scrimmage on either side.

23 minutes ago, bzy said:

regardless of what people may think KT was an absolute monster for us during the 97 & 98 WOS football seasons. He was the back up QB as well but Cornel used his heart & determination to be a hybrid at the Rover End in the 50 defense (which is basically a defensive back in a nickel package/defense). He was a unanimous AllState selection despite his stature.

I remain quiet on alot that's spoken here because much of what some of you say isn't worth a wet roll of toilet paper. Lol

But I will say this - my main gripe was "be careful what you ask for" when there became an outcry to run CT out of town. Now kids can't even line up properly, at times looking completely lost as if they aren't even coached up in practice. I'm baffled how all of a sudden the WOS defense cant tackle, defend the deep ball, or control the line of scrimmage on either side.

I understand, i was joking around. Because everyone is upset with the 4-2-5. Hopefully things get better. 

12 hours ago, bzy said:

I'm glad u understand KT. I know him too.and he truly loves these kids and want the best for them and the program.i truly believe he's not just trying throw sluggs at the coaches.but, he hates the fact that u bring in a new coaching staff.and want them to learn everything they want in a couple months.its impossible!!and ik a few kids reaches out to him bcz,they're confused.well, that comes from the heart with him.u have to remember these kids are just 15 16 17 yrs old.its no way they can learn this that quick.and they have been running something since they were in diapers.smh. everyone loses here.the community,players,and coaches.and then the supertendent went the wrong way on hiring him.makes me think he was setting him up.and I truly believe it will get worse bf it gets better!!