Humble Kingwood Park (49) @ Crosby (22) - FINAL

jdawg03

14 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Crosby just isn't as good this year and have moved up to a more difficult level. They don't never have had an advantage in coaching. They did it with much better athletes and need that advantage to win. They are not going to out coach teams.

It's pretty easy to bang on the coaches when things are not going well. That's true at every school in America. Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast. Nobody really gave much credit to the Crosby staff after they flipped their quarterback at the time, with their rb at the time. That was about week 9 or so, and that move sparked a run to Jerry World. Texas High had athletes, Huntsville, FBM...

Don't be so quick to bash, BH kids were well prepared and played hard, they were one play better.

Sometimes perception doesn't match reality.

Every staff in the area works their a$$e$ off, every week.

Keep working Cougars.

Crosby’s had it good for a long time in D2.  They were the big dog - always just under the D1, and beating teams with 1300 - 1500 students.  In D1, with everyone close to the same - bam, not a big dog no more.  Little tougher when the playing field is level.

Still, the seasons not over.  Y’all might come around.  Just a tougher row to hoe.

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

You should do your research.  The ethnicity of Barrett Station is changing.  Most of those kids are playing soccer.

I agree with the demographic shift and I beg to differ Barrett Station does have the athletes, but the coaches..... You have the Samuel brothers that went to Goose Creek Mem last year. The Soph brother Nick caught 2 TDs in the loss for Goose Creek against Lee. The coaches had the older Samuel bro on the bench. I just seen a FB post of another Barrett parent about his son not getting enough playing time. The Dad (#22 for those that know, know who Duece Duece was) was a hellavu RB for Crosby back in the day and his son barely even touches the field... Thats what's happening to the Barrett kids, the coached are not playing the kids that come from an athletic pedigree. The have no clue of the history and talent pool in Barrett.  

15 hours ago, EyePayTaxes2 said:

I agree with the demographic shift and I beg to differ Barrett Station does have the athletes, but the coaches..... You have the Samuel brothers that went to Goose Creek Mem last year. The Soph brother Nick caught 2 TDs in the loss for Goose Creek against Lee. The coaches had the older Samuel bro on the bench. I just seen a FB post of another Barrett parent about his son not getting enough playing time. The Dad (#22 for those that know, know who Duece Duece was) was a hellavu RB for Crosby back in the day and his son barely even touches the field... Thats what's happening to the Barrett kids, the coached are not playing the kids that come from an athletic pedigree. The have no clue of the history and talent pool in Barrett.  

Sadly, this is just not limited to football and appears to be part of the Crosby culture. Case in point, Crosby let TWO D1 players go when the arrogant female basketball coach didn't want to work with the then future No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft. Yes, Crosby could've had a McDonald's All American and WNBA alumni. Kudos to BH for recognizing an opportunity. Her brother Casey also went on to USC as a lineman and now at OK State. Perhaps that female bball coach didn't know that Charli's Mom tried out for the WNBA (another athletic pedigree). Arrogance and Ignorance are paternal twins, when you see one you often see the other 😀😀😀!! More to follow......

Just looked at the highlights on Hudl.

Once KP got their feet under them, they were just getting huge chunks of yardage.  

I noticed in the Lee Crosby freshman highlights, Crosby would just zero blitz on defense every play, and it worked at that level against Lee for sure, but I thought in my head that this is not really teaching them anything about a real game and real defensive principles. KP was just gashing them every time they did the same in those highlights. What else do they have to fall back on if that's the call 95% of the time as a freshman?

Just because you have a big athletic QB that could QB sneak for ten yards each play doesn't mean you QB sneak 45 times in a row at the freshman level. That's not teaching anything that will be valuable later. Same goes for defense. Just because it works there in 9th grade. There is nothing to be gained from doing it. 

On 9/24/2022 at 12:33 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I guess Texan Live forgot the 1st qtr. I picked it up from 2nd qtr when Crosby turned the ball over on downs at the KP 10 (10yd line I believe) up 15-0. 

I asked Pickle about this one, Apparently there was a power outage in the pressbox and power wasn't cut on until start of the 2nd Qtr...

1 minute ago, ThaGhost said:

If you buy this, then I would like to offer you property for sale on "Wooden Nickle Island" for 500k

Just letting you know what she told me when I asked her. I dont think Ashley would lie about it, now she wasn't there and is only as good as the information being given to her but figured I'd at least offer some transparency 

On 9/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, Hagar said:

Crosby’s had it good for a long time in D2.  They were the big dog - always just under the D1, and beating teams with 1300 - 1500 students.  In D1, with everyone close to the same - bam, not a big dog no more.  Little tougher when the playing field is level.

Still, the seasons not over.  Y’all might come around.  Just a tougher row to hoe.

I'm confused... We were never even the biggest school in our own district. BH, KWP, Humble, New Caney, New Caney Porter. All of those were bigger than us at some point in time during our run. Never were we even close to the largest school in the classification. The classification number dropped in the last realignment and we became the literal smallest school is 5AD1. In our playoff runs Aledo, A&M Consolidated both moved up with us and were bigger than us when we played them. 

We also played Manvel multiple times during those runs including beating them. Not sure why people would believe that nonsense. We never got the Dallas Highland Park treatment. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Stated at the beginning of the year, clock struck midnight and Crosby turned back into a pumpkin. Great run, but is over now. 

premature. We have talent and a lot of it in the pipeline even if we have a down year this year once enrollment catches up with classification (2 years) we will be right back to where we were one of the most talented teams in the region. 

On 9/25/2022 at 5:20 PM, EyePayTaxes2 said:

Weird take... 

You got a Fontenot, Windfont and Broussard all starting... confused how that's coaching staff having a problem with Barrett kids given those three families have been some of the core figures in that area for 50+ years. Also, Daddy Fotenot might have been the best back in Crosby's history so... Duece Duece Jr might need to step up his game to get playing time. 

This wreaks of trouble making without any real basis. It's a reach and a flailing one at that. 

32 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I'm confused... We were never even the biggest school in our own district. BH, KWP, Humble, New Caney, New Caney Porter. All of those were bigger than us at some point in time during our run. Never were we even close to the largest school in the classification. The classification number dropped in the last realignment and we became the literal smallest school is 5AD1. In our playoff runs Aledo, A&M Consolidated both moved up with us and were bigger than us when we played them. 

We also played Manvel multiple times during those runs including beating them. Not sure why people would believe that nonsense. We never got the Dallas Highland Park treatment. 

I’m referring to the years Crosby was in the District with Nederland, Vidor, LCM, and Port Neches.  Two of those 4 are now in 4A.  (correction made)

Yep, y’all were the Big Dog then.  There were a couple of other Big Dogs but y’all pummeled them too.  Not taking anything away, Crosby was good, and like everyone else, played the cards giving, just worked out in their favor.  Now, not so much.

24 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I'm confused... We were never even the biggest school in our own district. Not sure why people would believe that nonsense.

We never got the Dallas Highland Park treatment. 

Wasn't Crosby and BH the largest in the Div 2 district the last two years? Crosby and BH just bumped up and the others did not. 

BTW there is no Highland Park treatment. HP has been 6A before this alignment, but jealous people want to perpetuate a myth that "they always stay in 5A", just because they envy HP.