Humble Kingwood Park (49) @ Crosby (22) - FINAL

jdawg03

I think that this season just goes to show how good the talent has been for the Cougars, over the past couple of seasons. We got spoiled by the likes of Branch, Dunn, Kirkwood, Casey, an all-world kicker, and some pretty good roll players in lots of key spots.

The coaches didn't just forget how to Coach, after deep playoff runs 

Crosby has to play closer to perfect on a weekly basis to pull out wins that they could coast to in years past.

Every opponent will now have the belief that Crosby is beatable. That's why you play the games on the field, not on paper or social media.

Hopefully the Cougars can right the ship and play whatever their best ball looks like. The rest of the season will be very interesting.

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

I think that this season just goes to show how good the talent has been for the Cougars, over the past couple of seasons. We got spoiled by the likes of Branch, Dunn, Kirkwood, Casey, an all-world kicker, and some pretty good roll players in lots of key spots.

Crosby has to play closer to perfect on a weekly basis to pull out wins that they could coast to in years past.

Every opponent will now have the belief that Crosby is beatable. That's why you play the games on the field, not on paper or social media.

Hopefully the Cougars can right the ship and play whatever their best ball looks like. The rest of the season will be very interesting.

Crosby’s loudest mouth Getting on Social Media all the time boasting that his team is the Mecca of High School Football also puts a target on your teams back. Karma is a beautiful thing. 

35 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Crosby’s loudest mouth Getting on Social Media all the time boasting that his team is the Mecca of High School Football also puts a target on your teams back. Karma is a beautiful thing. 

Actually he didn’t and hasn’t said that Crosby is the MECCA.  You must be new here or haven’t paid attention.

2 hours ago, Socrates said:

I agree, Ive been saying all season they miss kirkwood. That dude made all the big plays, against BH last year he caught the hail mary and had a ton of clutch plays during crunch time.  And you are right, that kicker was a big weapon too. You cant replace guys like that. 

With that said, it couldnt happen to a better group. For all preseason talk, then it was just CE King is a 6A, FBM didnt blow that game, beat lee by 20 after being close all night and then the injuries excuse - the bottom line is they arent as good as the big mouths on this board thought. That is why you speak softly and carry a big stick but when you think you are invincible and will just out "athlete" everyone the arrogance doesnt allow you to see these are 15,16,17 and 18 year old kids in which you never know how they will play. 

5 hours ago, Unwoke said:

About as good as Crosby’s right now. We have our ups and downs. It’s all good. I support the kids regardless. One thing I don’t do, is put a target on our boys which is stupid as all get out. 

Nothing on a silly little board like this or that smoaky crap “puts a target on the boys”. If they’re worried about that, then your coaches are worried about the wrong ish!!!