Vidor vs Trinity Christian Academy / Saturday 2pm

Unwoke

What a matchup - 0-4 vs 1-3. ย On the plus side, as a pair theyโ€™ll go from 1-7 to 2-8, so this game has that going for it. ย Noticed Texan Live isnโ€™t videoing it. ย I figure ESPN has first shot. ย 
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Joking aside, letโ€™s go Pirates, get another win. ย This is the last โ€œfunโ€ game. ย After this the moneys on the line. ย So get the win & get the mojo sailing with you.

22 minutes ago, wbfan said:

What's with Vidor and playing private schools in their non-district games?

I heard it was a case of โ€œstill standingโ€ when the music stopped. ย Vidor needed a game and scrambled to find someone else in that predicament. ย Not only explain the opposition, but the long trip. ย This school is in Addison, Tx, about halfway between Dallas & Frisco. ย Not the type of road game you really want to take.

The other private (St. Louis in LC) at least has a decent program. ย This one at 0-4 evidently doesnโ€™t have. ย If things go as I expect, the backups should be in most of the second half.

21 hours ago, Hagar said:

I heard it was a case of โ€œstill standingโ€ when the music stopped. ย Vidor needed a game and scrambled to find someone else in that predicament. ย Not only explain the opposition, but the long trip. ย This school is in Addison, Tx, about halfway between Dallas & Frisco. ย Not the type of road game you really want to take.

The other private (St. Louis in LC) at least has a decent program. ย This one at 0-4 evidently doesnโ€™t have. ย If things go as I expect, the backups should be in most of the second half.

And this post exhibits why I donโ€™t make a living betting on football games. Took a goal line stand as the clock ticked down to secure the win. ย Doesnโ€™t bode well for LCM since Iโ€™m now picking them to win District.

22 hours ago, Hagar said:

They do ?

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

pathetic offense. uggghh

I like the Slot T. ย What we saw yesterday wasnโ€™t the Slot T, it was the old USC Trojans โ€œstudent body left - student body rightโ€. ย Hike - pitch to trailing back - everyone else try & block someone. ย This side - that side. ย Rinse - no wait, forget rinse, just repeat to other side. ย All meant to confuse the LCM Coaches scouting this game. ย Unfortunately, they know better. ย Only ones confused were Pirate fans - and probably the Pirate players. ย ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคช

Jmo

17 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I like the Slot T. ย What we saw yesterday wasnโ€™t the Slot T, it was the old USC Trojans โ€œstudent body left - student body rightโ€. ย Hike - pitch to trailing back - everyone else try & block someone. ย This side - that side. ย Rinse - no wait, forget rinse, just repeat to other side. ย All meant to confuse the LCM Coaches scouting this game. ย Unfortunately, they know better. ย Only ones confused were Pirate fans - and probably the Pirate players. ย ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคช

Jmo

I used to be all on board with the slot-T 15 years ago but it has grown old over the years. They changed the plays to be within the new cut blocking rules. We used to call audibles at the line then we went to this damn hurry up version which leaves no time to read the defense. They started telling the RBS to cut inside the tackles on that quick pitch since cut blocks were only allowed there. It may be time to change it since it is now limited by the blocking rules

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

pathetic offense. uggghh

Yeahโ€ฆ.your right. 3A Franklin won the State Championship with that offense last year. Liberty Hill won a State Title in 3A and 4A with that offense. Then in 5A was a fumble away at the goal line in 2020 of going to the State Championship. Followed it up last year by making it to the State Championship only to lose in a close game.ย 
ย 
Yeah โ€ฆ thatโ€™s a pathetic offense. Lol

Sorry buddy but with the right athletes running it correctly itโ€™s hard to STOP. So last year a 5A team and a 3A team made it to the State Championship with the Slot-T , one team won a State Championship last year , an the other just fell short of winning the State Title.ย 

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Yeahโ€ฆ.your right. 3A Franklin won the State Championship with that offense last year. Liberty Hill won a State Title in 3A and 4A with that offense. Then in 5A was a fumble away at the goal line in 2020 of going to the State Championship. Followed it up last year by making it to the State Championship only to lose in a close game.ย 
ย 
Yeah โ€ฆ thatโ€™s a pathetic offense. Lol

Sorry buddy but with ย the right athletes itโ€™s hard to STOP. So last year a 5A team and a 3A team made it to the State Championship with the Slot-T , one team a State Championship last year , an the other just fell short of winning the State Title.ย 

Say it LOUDER for the wanna be, never will be coaches in the back!ย