Nederland (38) @ Fort Bend Willowridge (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

Good game.  QB play and RBs did well all night.  Line blocked well.  Bryant might end up being a good second back to depend on,  I think Thomas almost broke 100 yds tonight.   Still some things to work on but overall much better effort against a team that wasn’t very good and that they should have beaten.

The good:

O&D line, QB, Rb played very well.  Only three penalties tonight.

The Bad:

Still need to work on special teams and secondary.

The ugly:

nothing really ugly tonight.

I agree I would add the Center/QB exchange to the Bad List 

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That’s very good and important win for Nederland. FBW is probably going to be a little better later in the year. Definitely something the Dogs can build off of. 

FBW lost to Brookshire Royal … idk if they were missing players that game or what… but that is a pretty bad. Hopefully this win is a confidence boost for Nederland 

13 has got to get lower when he runs the ball. He runs standing straight up and the qb/rb exchange has to improve as well as the snap to the qb. Sunday and Bryant run HARD and run through arm tackles. Id like to see some dawg mentality driven into Huberts head. Things are going to have to get much better if these guys want to make noise in district and potentially get a win in the playoffs. I do think there is much more potential for this team with the sophomore at qb though. They are going to have to be able to throw the ball to get quality wins. I have faith in them and can't wait to see them fight against Dayton at their new home field. Gonna be a scrap.

OLINE KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING. TREMENDOUS IMPROVEMENT FROM WEEK 1 TILL NOW . 

I think playing those tough teams  earlier in the season helped the bulldogs improve a lot, they still young and with time and experience, I have no doubt they will be a great team.   QB did a great job, been watch him play for a while, he knows how to look for the open receivers, and can tuck and run like he a RB if need to, love that about him.  13 is a great RB it looks like he’s barely running but the kid can move.  He hard to bring down once he start going. And @PABornI think when 13 knock the safety on his back that was Big dawg mentality 😂😂. But as for that he also still young and with experience no doubt he too will be a beast.  The o-line played a heck of a game blocking and getting holes open.  Bryant RB played very well last night He ran the ball strong and looked good doing it.   That defense did good too, just the secondary needs a lot of work. Overall if they continue to work hard!   There is nothing but winning here on up!   Congratulations Bulldogs on your win!!

9 minutes ago, NHSBulldogs2 said:

I think playing those tough teams  earlier in the season helped the bulldogs improve a lot, they still young and with time and experience, I have no doubt they will be a great team.   QB did a great job, been watch him play for a while, he knows how to look for the open receivers, and can tuck and run like he a RB if need to, love that about him.  13 is a great RB it looks like he’s barely running but the kid can move.  He hard to bring down once he start going. And @PABornI think when 13 knock the safety on his back that was Big dawg mentality 😂😂. But as for that he also still young and with experience no doubt he too will be a beast.  The o-line played a heck of a game blocking and getting holes open.  Bryant RB played very well last night He ran the ball strong and looked good doing it.   That defense did good too, just the secondary needs a lot of work. Overall if they continue to work hard!   There is nothing but winning here on up!   Congratulations Bulldogs on your win!!

Bulldog fan here. So I will leave it at this. The kid is easy to bring down. The safety he put on his back was a one time thing and was the safeties fault. He doesn't keep his legs moving and runs standing straight up. Against tougher opponents those couple Xtra yards on the end of a run will matter so much more, especially if we can't throw the ball down field. Now with that being said, I dont think he's a bad running back at all, he has good vision and good speed, just doesn't have that dog in him from what I can see. Not alot of the bulldog players do from what I've seen on the field. They will get better though and to your point they are young. But the killer mentality has to be instilled in them to run through brick walls. 

Didn’t mean to offend you buddy, he do need to work on getting lower I agree 100 percent with you on that.  And me personally thought that was a great run from an inexperienced sophomore.  And as for a dog mentality??? The kid it will be fine.   Just as the rest of these boys.   And name me 1 person who ran threw a Brick wall…. I don’t feel none of these kids can do that Heck no one in the NFL can do that.. just my opinion 

Big game for the Dogs.  A lot of mistakes still, but they overcame a little adversity in the first half.  That's what I liked.  Willowridge made some big mistakes as well.  It wasn't all that pretty of a game.  Having a strong running game will help that light passing game develop.  Work needs to done on the secondary.  The guys in the trenches (on both sides) looked good.  They should be prepared for Dayton.  

5 hours ago, PABorn said:

Bulldog fan here. So I will leave it at this. The kid is easy to bring down. The safety he put on his back was a one time thing and was the safeties fault. He doesn't keep his legs moving and runs standing straight up. Against tougher opponents those couple Xtra yards on the end of a run will matter so much more, especially if we can't throw the ball down field. Now with that being said, I dont think he's a bad running back at all, he has good vision and good speed, just doesn't have that dog in him from what I can see. Not alot of the bulldog players do from what I've seen on the field. They will get better though and to your point they are young. But the killer mentality has to be instilled in them to run through brick walls. 

It sound like you hating on Thomas.  When you start talking about his mentality you’re crossing the line.  We as adults need to build kids up and not tear them down. We can say a lot of negative thing starting with the coaching staff, but to single out Thomas is wrong.