Beaumont West Brook (0) @ Humble Summer Creek (69) - FINAL

jdawg03

18 minutes ago, M-Square Bulldog said:

The coaching staff is horrible. WB is filled with talent but for some reason, the coaching staff is unable to identify the talent. It brings me to the question of: "How can you workout and condition all summer and still not know your team?" It's hard to believe these coaches played on a collegiate and/or a professional level.

Sounds like you need to go get your Bachelors Degree and a Teaching Certification and get to work! I would love to see you draw some X's and O's up on the board! I'm sure you could show those ex professionals and college players something! I bet WB's lack of success has absolutely nothing to do with the absolutely horrible atmosphere and environment within the whole school...... I bet the constant distractions of being on lockdown and shelter in place and dealing with violent events on campus has absolutely nothing to do with the performances of 16 and 17 year olds. That staff needs someone like you who knows winning in High School sports is just about "coaching".ย 

7 minutes ago, _4_0_9_ said:

Sounds like you need to go get your Bachelors Degree and a Teaching Certification and get to work! I would love to see you draw some X's and O's up on the board! I'm sure you could show those ex professionals and college players something! I bet WB's lack of success has absolutely nothing to do with the absolutely horrible atmosphere and environment within the whole school...... I bet the constant distractions of being on lockdown and shelter in place and dealing with violent events on campus has absolutely nothing to do with the performances of 16 and 17 year olds. That staff needs someone like you who knows winning in High School sports is just about "coaching".ย 

I keep telling these people it's a lot more that goes into it than just "coaching"....put any coach in the state at BISD in it's current state and the outcome wouldn't changeย 

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Them homeboy hires continue to hurt BISD

Who was Langston homeboys with? Just because he went to school there in the 90's? I'm for real curious.... and Graham might have been a "homeboy" with people in BISD, but he actually went to the playoffs 2 years in a row. There may never be another United team EVER make the playoffs. For real. The truth is BISD only care about Basketball. Anyone paying attention knows it's true.ย 

8 hours ago, _4_0_9_ said:

409, although your response was filled with sarcasm, you made a few great points here nephew. Probably without trying, but you did it. It should be noted that I have the Bachelor's Degree secured and as an added bonus, i also have a Master's Degree. Unfortunately coaching never peeked my interest as a career but you may be on to something. However, I am in a position where I mentor young adults and I can see where you are have arrived when speaking on the environment of the school. I thought this was a football forum; meaning football talk but you have managed to redirect the narrative, congratulations. You are absolutely correct coaching is much more than X's and O's. Regardless, of what's going on in the school, those kids should see their respective sport as a safe haven. In closing, all that you have spoken doesn't excuse the poor coaching performance. Are the coaches 100% to blame, absolutely not, but they could do better.

WB is low on talent lately but even if Beaumont had 1 school, 2 schools, or 3 it wouldnโ€™t make a difference. For the most part, and there are a few exceptions but not many, the successful schools in 5 and 6a are large suburban schools in which the districts have money and the parents too. ย The schools have better facilities, coaches, and the parents have money to pay for individual coaching. ย  For the most part WB and BU are missing both of these two ingredients. Itโ€™s sad, but Beaumont ainโ€™t what it used to be and itโ€™s getting much worse. ย The schools are dangerously close to being like inner city schools. This isnโ€™t the kids fault and I feel sorry for them because itโ€™s the parents and former administrators that ruined everything. ย  Maybe they can turn it around but itโ€™s unlikely. A drop to 5a might help but people of all types are leaving BISD and I think thatโ€™s what left wonโ€™t win many games.ย 

BISD has some major issues with their athleticsโ€ฆ. Hard to believe that United basketball is the only competitive program.

ย 

Coaching is a major issue, ย but no way all the best talent in the hallways are playing sports. No excuse why the 2 largest programs in SE Texas got beat by a combined score of 131-0 tonight.

ย 

Itโ€™s obvious open enrollment wonโ€™t help much.

7 hours ago, MackLewis said:

BISD has some major issues with their athleticsโ€ฆ. Hard to believe that United basketball is the only competitive program.

ย 

Coaching is a major issue, ย but no way all the best talent in the hallways are playing sports. No excuse why the 2 largest programs in SE Texas got beat by a combined score of 131-0 tonight.

ย 

I think you worded that wrong. ย You should say program thatโ€™s the cream of the crop. ย 

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think you worded that wrong. ย You should say program thatโ€™s the cream of the crop. ย 

He said what he said.ย 

ย 

He didn't say anything wrong. Damn he gave your basketball program props, what's the issue?ย 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They are that! ย Didnโ€™t mean it as a slight. ย ย 
ย 

Proof what a great coach can do for a program.

ย 

My father coached with Thomas Brooks at Ozen, and against Arthur Louis Ozen teams while he was at TJ. ย  Those Ozen teams alone could beat the current United teams with Ozen and Central kids.

ย 

Sad for the kids. ย  They are getting cheated.

ย 

8 hours ago, MackLewis said:

ย 

ย 

I would like to see dedicated feeder schools for each HS.ย  Then the head coaches at said HS can put their systems at the lower levels.ย  From what I understand, there were some shenanigans concerning old SPMS and now it's Peatzch-McArthur which those kids were lost to United for a bit.ย  If and when BISD gets this settled, then you will see a more consistent product on the field

ย 

NS could loss 1000 kids to GP High and still run the region.ย  They have been this since the days of Tiki Hardeman and nem

2 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I would like to see dedicated feeder schools for each HS.ย  Then the head coaches at said HS can put their systems at the lower levels.ย  From what I understand, there were some shenanigans concerning old SPMS and now it's Peatzch-McArthur which those kids were lost to United for a bit.ย  If and when BISD gets this settled, then you will see a more consistent product on the field

ย 

NS could loss 1000 kids to GP High and still run the region.ย  They have been this since the days of Tiki Hardeman and nem

Bingoโ€ฆitโ€™s a lot more than coaching that goes into building a successful program!ย 

11 hours ago, MackLewis said:

They are that! ย Didnโ€™t mean it as a slight. ย ย 
ย 

Proof what a great coach can do for a program.

ย 

My father coached with Thomas Brooks at Ozen, and against Arthur Louis Ozen teams while he was at TJ. ย  Those Ozen teams alone could beat the current United teams with Ozen and Central kids.

ย 

Sad for the kids. ย  They are getting cheated.

ย 

Yea those Ozen teams at that time were TOUGH!! and stacked!!!ย 

Will bisd ย invest in football. ย Pay assistant coaches and head coaches going rates in Dfw and Houston. Will they invest in facilities at schools (wt rooms, meeting rooms, indoor facilities, etc) or is bisd going to go way of hisd, fwisd, disd and pay lip service to football.ย 
lastly kids and community have to invest in the program also. It is easy to be destructive and hard to be constructive.

want to be soc, Duncanville, etc. look at their facilities.

25 minutes ago, Vini vidi said:

Will bisd ย invest in football. ย Pay assistant coaches and head coaches going rates in Dfw and Houston. Will they invest in facilities at schools (wt rooms, meeting rooms, indoor facilities, etc) or is bisd going to go way of hisd, fwisd, disd and pay lip service to football.ย 
lastly kids and community have to invest in the program also. It is easy to be destructive and hard to be constructive.

want to be soc, Duncanville, etc. look at their facilities.

Preachโ€ฆmore to it than just coachingย 

Its fairly simple "Coaching"

These District has no program builders!! and the ones they have don't stay long. Its never been talent. If you think schools like Westlake, Liberty Hill, Midland Lee, Katy etc have more talent your crazy, but what they do have that makes them look better is dedication and buy in, and honestly I can't even be mad at the kids for not having that here, when the coaching is a revolving door in BISD???? Then not only does BISD want to hire their homeboys when its way better qualified candidates who know how to build up programs, to the point coaches don't even want to apply in the city anymore but they lowball coaches with sub-par salaries so who would want to come here???

ย 

Im just tell this story and let y'all figure it out.

In 2008-2011 my nephew attended Central when coach Stowers was the coach. His parents was taking him and his siblings for summer vacation but instead of going he wanted to stay with me to attend summer workouts mind you he was a sophomore, not even on varsity. When I would go drop him off most of the team was at workouts or on the field, so much so they had to divide the kids into different workout groups which the older kids said hadn't been done since they arrived. Then 7on7 was mandatory so when they went 4 rounds in 09 I wasn't really surprised. those kids were brought in and believed in Stowers. Im not sure the kids are there right now thus the results we've seen this this past years.ย 

ย 

This is also how schools like Katy work. My nephew ended up getting a scholarship, so during the summer he would come live with me in Houston to train with Kerry Bennett (Orange Tx native) at a gym he had in Katy. He would tell me after him and ย other college players from various schools would finish their workout sessions the whole varsity Katy football team would meet up there at 5 for workouts every other day during the summer on top of the team workouts they had already did earlier that morning. for their 2nd workout of the day before 7 on 7 practice. All Player Led!!! The coaches had nothing to do with it, and when a player didn't show up his teammates would deal with him...

Thats It that's the difference. When players are brought in, the parents are Brought in and it can change everything and that starts from the top Coaching!!

ย