Beaumont West Brook (0) @ Humble Summer Creek (69) - FINAL

jdawg03

19 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Peevy seen the writing on the wall at WB...his last year at WB he was 5-6 with Bryce! He wouldn't win with this current team either stop it man

10 minutes ago, KF89 said:

FACTS

2020 was a strange year... you know COVID... no one was showing up for workouts and while Bryce was a phenomenal athlete, football is a team sport. Look at the other 3 years and make your argument. Oh wait you don't have one. 

Good coaches aren't a dime a dozen and BISD lost more than a few gems. 

Explain 1-7 to Regional finalist..... 

Coaches matter.

5 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

2020 was a strange year... you know COVID... no one was showing up for workouts and while Bryce was a phenomenal athlete, football is a team sport. Look at the other 3 years and make your argument. Oh wait you don't have one. 

Coaches matter.

Not arguing, facts are facts

9 minutes ago, wbfan said:

No because I care about my college alma mater far more than I ever will about high school. 

Now the change of narrative.  Now that’s real cute.  But I figured you’d go that route.  Especially after the ROUTE your team took tonight.  

see what I did right there?  I have jokes too…

3 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

Coaches matter.

COVID affected everyone bro...I can say COVID stopped us from winning 4 state titles in a row so lets not make excuses! Also in 2019 WB loss to Deer Park & finished 3rd in the district (although most ppl believe WB purposely loss this game) Again Peevy had one impressive year at WB the rest were pretty average...and I'm not sh*tting on Peevy cause I like him and think he's a good coach but truth of the matter is Peevy saw the writing on the wall & BISD loses all of its good coaches for a reason. If you haven't noticed most of the good coaches from Beaumont are coaching elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

😡 both of you sound like two old guys sitting on rocking chairs arguing about who the worse out of two teams that are not doing well.

I think I’m about done with him tonight.  But he’ll have to endure much of the same for 6 more games.  I tried to warn him last year but it fell on deaf ears…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

And who’s talking about a team not being too good?  Hello, kettle, meet pot.  😉

3 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

COVID affected everyone bro...I can say COVID stopped us from winning 4 state titles in a row so lets not make excuses! Also in 2019 WB loss to Deer Park & finished 3rd in the district (although most ppl believe WB purposely loss this game) Again Peevy had one impressive year at WB the rest were pretty average...and I'm not sh*tting on Peevy cause I like him and think he's a good coach but truth of the matter is Peevy saw the writing on the wall & BISD loses all of its good coaches for a reason. If you haven't noticed most of the good coaches from Beaumont are coaching elsewhere.

We’ve had this talk before.  Why didn’t you apply for the last two vacancies?

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think I’m about done with him tonight.  But he’ll have to endure much of the same for 6 more games.  I tried to warn him last year but it fell on deaf ears…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

And who’s talking about a team not being too good?  Hello, kettle, meet pot.  😉

Am I arguing with anyone?  Nope.  I have discussed the issues on Ned’s team on our game threads.  Although they did pretty well tonight.

1 hour ago, Dat Brook said:

Coaches matter.

Just let them know we are looking for a few more recruits 😜

10 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Wow. To think I thought WB had a chance to compete for a playoff spot this year. I probably shouldn't admit that.

They were somewhat competitive in the game against Manvel. Looked like they had a pretty good running back. Didn't let their QB do much besides dinky little 2 yard passes to the sidelines though.

Looks like they're getting worse. Summer Creek ain't THAT good.

Isn’t Summer Creek coached by Kenny Harrison? 😂

4 minutes ago, bobbymcgee said:

Isn’t Summer Creek coached by Kenny Harrison? 😂

Yes and they're pretty good for all of what they lost to graduation. But I don't think they're 69-0 better than WB. Something's wrong at WB and it aint just the defense. 

12 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Honestly, takes a lot more than just coaches bro

The coaching staff is horrible. WB is filled with talent but for some reason, the coaching staff is unable to identify the talent. It brings me to the question of: "How can you workout and condition all summer and still not know your team?" It's hard to believe these coaches played on a collegiate and/or a professional level.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I might get some flack for this but I don't care: I don't think that QB for WB will be returning to WB for another season. 

Agreed. Honestly, it may be best. My personal opinion is, the coaching staff should've taken time to build his confidence instead of just throwing him to the wolves. After all, he is just a sophomore and 6A ball is a different animal.